What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRer

20 posts since 15 Nov, 2004, from London

Postby mozart999uk; Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:22 am Re: MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

Anyone still looking at this thread? Would be interested in discussing some of the features of origami.....
KVRist

347 posts since 27 Nov, 2009, from Norway

Postby Baard; Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:13 am Re: MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

Im still following, but mainly to see if there are developments with the activation issue. It would be nice if anyone can confirm that they are able to run the activation tool in Win 7 64bit.
KVRer

Postby mozart999uk; Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:58 am Re: MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

I notice there's a chap on the VI control forum that is having similar issues. Is that you by any chance?

If not, here's the post:

http://www.vi-control.net/forum/viewtop ... ht=origami

Was thinking about buying this but not so sure now :-)

Could you answer me a question? Do the IA wav files get included in the free version of independence? I have the presets but it can't find the actual wav files.....
KVRAF

2863 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:24 am Re: MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

I tried some Magix demo some time ago, Uninstalled it just an hour later when I just could not figure out how to stop it from sounding like crap. Appeared to be an immature product, although it wasn't according to the version number.
(One of their former synth programmers works for U-he now, probably didn't want to waste more time with Magix, either :hihi: )
KVRist

Postby Baard; Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 am Re: MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

mozart999uk wrote:I notice there's a chap on the VI control forum that is having similar issues. Is that you by any chance?

If not, here's the post:

http://www.vi-control.net/forum/viewtop ... ht=origami

Was thinking about buying this but not so sure now :-)

Could you answer me a question? Do the IA wav files get included in the free version of independence? I have the presets but it can't find the actual wav files.....

Not me, but thanks :) I read that thread as well, looks suspiciously like the same issue.

Magix meant that my problem was a very specific one, but after seeing others have issues with launching Protein in a 64bit windows, I am not so sure..

Still looking for someone who have been able to enter a serial in Win7 64bit..

EDIT: Forgot to answer your last Q. No wav files as I have seen. All audio content are in the .yitf format, or whats-its-called.. I own a couple of libs from the Yellow Tools days (Like them a lot), and they all come in the same format.
KVRer

Postby mozart999uk; Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:53 am Re: MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

Thanks for replies.

Glad the link was useful.

Think I'll wait awhile before purchasing to see if they sort anything. :-)

My issue on the wave files is that when I chose one of the IA impulse response sets it's looking for wav files which it can't find for some reason.
KVRist

Postby Baard; Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:18 am Re: MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

I think I misunderstood your question actually. I can check this for you later today, I still have an authorized version of Independence 2 and Origami on my main studio computer.

Origami is a great plugin by the way. Its very light on resources, but it dont have true stereo AFAIK. Nevertheless it sounds great. Its mostly been replaced in my rig by Steinberg Reverence and NI Reflektor. I miss some of the features in Origami tho', so I'll load it up later today and see if it fills a niche which the others doesnt cover.
KVRer

Postby mozart999uk; Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:11 am Re: MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

Thanks. I've been importing some IRs I have here and finding the positioning tool very sweet sounding. It seems a bit hit and miss depending on which IRs I load in. Curious to try the included ones....especially the scoring stage
KVRist

Postby Baard; Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:29 am Re: MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

Hi again, sorry I havent been able to fire up my studio PC yet, I'll try again today.

For others with activation problems on Win7 64bit, there seems to be some progress from Magix according to the thread at vi-control.net:

http://www.vi-control.net/forum/viewtop ... =1#3774858.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments