Need a help to apply a pitch bend on a note

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone

I can't succeed to apply a pitch bend on a note, neither with a MUX synth nor with a VSTI (OBXD for example).

I'm sure that there is something I haven't understood in the method to get it in Mulab. But what and where? (the doc is totally mute about the method to use for applying pitch bends)
Can you help me to understand the method?

Here is what I did on a note for example:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Hello,

the screenshot shows me you did a single step of a pitch bend. I assume you wanted a soft pitch bend.

So please take a look in the docs at the page "sequence editor". There you'll find a chapter about the "Event Graph Editor". That's the lower part of the sequence editor where you can drag the velocity of each note. On the lower left you can switch from the velocity bars to several other parameters and controllers, which will be drawed as curves. One of them is "pitch bend". So switch to "pitch bend" an then follow the instructions in the doc page. You can draw curves to create pitch bends. It's a bit clumsy ;-) , but I use it very often.

Pitch bends can also be done by a separate automation track. Can't describe now and here. Please search in this forum. I'm sure it is in here.
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

Hello Reincke

Ok, thanks, You've well helped me. In fact, as I can see after that, finally all can be done only with that "curve" (which is rather simply a "line", a Bezier curve would be great) and the List Editor seems to be needed (concerning pitch bends, heh) only to affine values... and to reset the terminal value to 0 for the beginning of the next note. Don't you think so?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

You can use a separate automation track to do nicer curves.

Right-click the instrument track header, select "Add sub-track". Right-click the sub-track header, select "Choose Automation type" and then "Pitch bend". Draw a part onto the track, double-click to open it up. Use the pencil (hold down ctrl) to draw a point, then right-click the point and choose "Edit" to change the curve Type.

Oh my god! PL... I'm blown!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tip 1: When the mouse cursor is upon the curve, you can drag the curve's slope.

Tip 2: You can set a vertical value grid for easy value snapping.

mutools wrote:Tip 1: When the mouse cursor is upon the curve, you can drag the curve's slope.

Tip 2: You can set a vertical value grid for easy value snapping.
Tip 1 : Yes, but it seems possible only with certain kinds of curve (not for the sines, for example, but by adding new intermediate points it is possible to reach the purpose. One can also replace a simple sine curve by an exponential one with provides the ability to modify the slope).

Tip 2 : Yes, I have seen that. And with many values available.

And to monitor with precision the amount of the bend at each point, we can use the counter at the bottom right...

Awesome feature!
:clap:

Return to “MUTOOLS”