Drops Like Hardwell And Nicky Romero.

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:D :) :wink: :( :? :neutral: :o :hihi: :cry: :ud: :P :x :lol: :clown: :roll: :love: :!: :?: :idea: :scared:
Last edited by Arcux on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get a record you like, scrub the producer's name off the label, and crayon in your own name. Remember, all professional artists also write their age. Hopefully you're no older than 10 or you've missed the boat.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

You find a genie and with one of his three wishes, wish to lose all originality and become a robot.

Tutorial: get a Zoom, drop your computer on a stone floor, hit record just before the puta hits the ground, mix to taste after messing with the recording a bit, upload to YouTube, dine with you girl- or boyfriend to celebrate da success.

Arcux wrote:where i try to create drop it doesn't looks like drop.
It doesn't have to look like a drop, it should SOUND like one. :wink:

"i dont like this music so to make myself look superior rather than help im going to make fun of you" :roll:

vurt wrote:"i dont like this music so to make myself look superior rather than help im going to make fun of you" :roll:
Um, no... asking how to make a drop like some famous producer is just too massive and nebulous a concept. To answer it properly it would take pages of information. It's the asymmetry between what the poster wants to get out and what they put in, combined with a complete lack of ambition to be original which causes a playful mockery. When I consider the amount of work I would need to do for him, just to spawn yet another copycat dance track, my inner monologue flips the bird. And I'm happy with that.
Last edited by Sendy on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

vurt wrote:"i dont like this music so to make myself look superior rather than help im going to make fun of you" :roll:
We haven chosen vurt to offer the poor guy serious help in making drops. But then there are already hundreds of Youtube tutorials about how to make drops out there...someone who really wants to learn it, will find them...
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

True, but the OP isn't going to notice: they have yet to return to one of their own threads.

Just to reiterate: Someone asking how they can sound like aphex twin by asking a couple of half-arsed questions is likely to recieve the same kind of reply. I really can't stress this enough - it's nothing to do with the genre or style of the music and everything to do with percieved attitude.

Now imagine someone would post his SELF-MADE drops (instead of "How can I make Avicii drop?") and asked how he can improve the impact or get more low frequency or create a better reverb, people might be more helpful... :wink:

Return to “Sound Design”