---

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arglebargle wrote:Problem with Komplete is you don't get a discount for existing NI products you own. So it wouldn't be a very good buy for me. If they had more modular pricing I would be sort of interested. As it is I've already got loads of cinematic percussion so I'll wait for this to go at least 50% off.
Can you recommend any decent, inexpensive cinema percussion? That would be a great help.

TheoM wrote: Can you recommend any decent, inexpensive cinema percussion? That would be a great help.
Nine Volt Audio are having a going out of business sale. Check out their Stickbreaker volumes and Taiko 2.

Otherwise, save a few dollars, wait for Soundiron to have a sale, then buy their Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble.
Rob

I would love to have it but I will wait for a sale too. Not this year maybe, but I can wait :)
Give me samples. More samples!

Cruciform wrote:
TheoM wrote: Can you recommend any decent, inexpensive cinema percussion? That would be a great help.
Nine Volt Audio are having a going out of business sale. Check out their Stickbreaker volumes and Taiko 2.

Otherwise, save a few dollars, wait for Soundiron to have a sale, then buy their Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble.
Thank you

TheoM wrote:
Cruciform wrote:

Thank you
Oops sorry, I keep forgetting. In either case you'll need a full version of Kontakt. They don't work on the free player. :?
Rob

so what surprised me is that there hits section which is kinda like your regular patches in storm drum, cine perc.. etc etc is really punchy and quality is superb.. i m not sure about round robin and how many is there but i have used it in a track and it was a quick sequence and never felt that machine gun effect..
Glad to hear this - maybe it is interesting for you to know that nearly all single articulations have 12 round robins and were recorded with up to 10 different velocity layers.

Cheers, Tilman

Good sound!!! :)

Tilman Sillescu wrote:
so what surprised me is that there hits section which is kinda like your regular patches in storm drum, cine perc.. etc etc is really punchy and quality is superb.. i m not sure about round robin and how many is there but i have used it in a track and it was a quick sequence and never felt that machine gun effect..
Glad to hear this - maybe it is interesting for you to know that nearly all single articulations have 12 round robins and were recorded with up to 10 different velocity layers.

Cheers, Tilman

wow i did not know that ...thats excellent work

As of now, mid April of 2014, A/S is still $299. No surprise there I suppose. I think I'm about to pull the trigger on it, as I don't have anything like it that I know of. Last time I went looking through my stuff for a honking Timpani sound, I came up short, although I must have it somewhere... :ud:

I am definitely the noodler mentioned earlier with no pretense of being a pro. I think this would be perfect when I need to locate this type of sound, and create typical rhythms. It will offer inspiration as much as function for me. My instrument collection is ridiculously redundant as it is. A true sound designer could get the same sounds out of probably 10-15 of my VSTi's, but going between them and starting with presets inspires me, and so having them all is reasonable to me. Such is the case with this one. I have the credit card balances that come with this kind of obsession as well. BFD3 is downloading as I type, but I digress...
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

I just love action strings, and this will be just as usefull..

I cant wayt till they add this to the Komplete library, which by my guess will be NI ultimate 10 Ultimate..

But paying 299€ for this is madness, espescially since it should be part of komplete 10 U

I managed to restrain myself and buy Camelphat, Camelspace, and the three Alchemy soundsets that I didn't yet own. I'm caught up over at Camel Audio now... :hihi:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

+1 on the previous comments concerning Homogenized Cinematic Scores.

In fact, I would recommend that name for the next mega lib producer…
After weeks of painstaking production, and at least a couple of weekend nights, F00bar Productions in association with the Directors Guild of America is pleased to present the Next Big Thing in cinematic sample library technology:

Homogenized Cinematic Scores

F00bar Productions
There's a Sample Library for That!
For $299… geesh… ProjectSAM TrueStrike1 and TrueStrike2 each on sale for $299 currently (or $529 for the pair)… v1 is 9GB ncw-compressed, and v2 is 7GB ncw-compressed. Actually, I couldn't pass up that combo price… :hihi: … cheapest price anywhere, and TS has been on my wishlist for a looong time now…

But yeah… other than that… AS looks cool too. :wink:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”