What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Slaapstadseun
KVRer

5 posts since 9 Jan, 2011

Postby Slaapstadseun; Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:53 am Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

Two suggestions:

A mastering plug, and a really good arpeggiator.
ccDuckett
KVRist

204 posts since 14 Jun, 2011, from Earth

Postby ccDuckett; Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:56 am Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

Some bizarre amalgamation of PD, scanned synthesis, and banded waveguide synthesis..
Frankenmodeler! :P
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.
TabSel
KVRist

445 posts since 13 Mar, 2002

Postby TabSel; Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:49 am Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

Speech recognition to midi plugin (using standard windows sapi or mac lib):
"Talkback... ... over", "record... ... Stop".... Etc... Customizable. Automatable nested command/midi sets.
TabSel
KVRist

445 posts since 13 Mar, 2002

Postby TabSel; Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:00 am Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

"AudioPaint" - additive synth where you paint partials levels/phase in a 2d grid with "paint" tools and, upon playback, scan through the grid along multiple scan paths gathering partial information in the grid within a size modulated circle around the path point for playing back partial grains...
vurt
addled muppet weed

33862 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:26 am Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

something so dirty it scares you! :scared:
gamecat666
KVRian

943 posts since 16 Feb, 2010

Postby gamecat666; Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:09 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

an XY pad that uses scales/chords and can output MIDI so can be hooked up to any other VST (a 'la Kaossilator)
Krakatau
KVRAF

4610 posts since 24 May, 2002, from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Postby Krakatau; Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:20 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

My suggestion : I for one, am interested in any innovation in physical models of instruments of the symphonic orchestra, as well as ethnic and acoustic instruments of all kind
Musical Gym
KVRAF

3460 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern Central CA (not as good as Eureka)

Postby Musical Gym; Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:46 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

Krakatau wrote:My suggestion : I for one, am interested in any innovation in physical models of instruments of the symphonic orchestra, as well as ethnic and acoustic instruments of all kind
+1
stanlea
KVRAF

4640 posts since 11 Feb, 2005, from Bordeaux France

Postby stanlea; Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:40 am Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

This plugin. Definitively.
You can't always get what you waaaant...
Gymnopedies
KVRist

409 posts since 8 Mar, 2003

Postby Gymnopedies; Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:53 am Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

A VST audio Looper that allows drag and drop of waveform from GUI to host timeline ala Ableton Looper.
Thank You...
murnau
KVRAF

2695 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:19 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

phrases plugin

something like renoise did with their "instrument phrases" for their tracker just as plugin inside any other daw with piano-roll: you attach a note-sequence to an instrument, and have the instrument play this melody in any pitch and tempo by a simple key press.created and edited using a scaled-down version of a piano-roll, located inside the instrument itself.
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
Musical Gym
KVRAF

3460 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern Central CA (not as good as Eureka)

Postby Musical Gym; Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:48 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

independent strum/sequencing/picking tool similar to what comes with various Kontakt guitars
able to add as effect plug for any vst
androidlove
KVRAF

6607 posts since 20 Jun, 2004, from Secret Underground Hideout

Postby androidlove; Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:48 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

I need synths that cover the sounds used in the complextro type dubstep. I'm surprised developers aren't focusing on these sounds considering the popularity.
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest
Krakatau
KVRAF

4610 posts since 24 May, 2002, from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Postby Krakatau; Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:29 am Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

Musical Gym wrote:independent strum/sequencing/picking tool similar to what comes with various Kontakt guitars
able to add as effect plug for any vst

In a similar idea,extend the concept that grounds many sample-based emulations to guitars, bass and drums (scarbee, BFD, etc...) to other orchestral or ethnic instrument, in fact to all acoustic instruments when sensible...

either sample based or physically modelled acoustic instruments
dcfac73
KVRian

759 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from Sydney

Postby dcfac73; Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:15 am Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

:clown: I'd like mine to be a bit bigger

nudgw nudge, wink wink, say no more
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments