Request - please make nki's backwards-compatible

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kpr wrote:if you ignore the thread starters struggling, it's your problem, not mine.
except he's not 'struggling.' its merely that he's decided that the onus should be on sample instrument developers to develop cut-down versions of their products for the version of the software he's decided to stick to, or for something completely different because he doesnt want to move to the version they actually use.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

kpr wrote:
I develop stuff for ancient software instruments? How ignorant is that. It's about making soundtools convenient for musicians.
It's not ignorant at all, I develop sounds for current versions of software instruments and I much prefer staying ahead of times rather than running behind them. Most musicians I know including myself update their stuff at least once a year, Kontakt 2 and Absynth 3 are clearly ancient and lack a lot of functions that totally improve the sound and much expand the possibilities of creating new sounds. Which windmills are you fighting?

The OP has obviously lost track himself, demanding compatibility with a 3 year old software version is simply not realistic these days, even if you open ten new threads about it.

Sampleconstruct wrote:The OP has obviously lost track himself, demanding compatibility with a 3 year old software version is simply not realistic these days, even if you open ten new threads about it.
If only it were a 3-year-old version. He's wanting compatibility with the 7-year old version. Or the one before that.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

OP should switch to this system: no updates anymore ..must be like heaven:
:lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:OP should switch to this system: no updates anymore ..must be like heaven:
:lol:
YES, 64 KB RAM!

:lol: best decision i would say!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

metamorphosis wrote:So please.
Make a backwards-compatible version of your library.
Or use sfz.
It's a better format anyway.
End rant.
A rant is allowed.

But I can't agree with you here.

It would be like asking game developers to make their games backwards compatible so that not only do they run on Win 8 and 7, but also Win95 as I haven't bothered upgrading from Win95 yet :D

murnau wrote::lol: best decision i would say!
+1

Sampling on c64 can lead to great results :tu:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnVxe3TDbNY

not only sampling but also synthesis (here inside an old electronic organ) very cool!!!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pchpDD5EU

murnau wrote: Image
Those were the days.

I only ever had 1 of the brown models, but several of the beige that looked more like the AMIGA. I also had the Monitor and the Floppy (2 even) and of course the Datasette. Before that i had a VIC 20, which was my first 'Personal Computer'. At this time i also had an Intellivision with a black flat Keyboard which could be used to program stuff similar to the VIC 20. (You had to type PRIN instead of PRINT and things like that but all in all it was very similar.) Of course this stuff wasnt used a lot anymore once the AMIGA and ATARI 520ST were released. (Man, that was exciting.) Today i regret not having kept any of them. :(

My biggest regret in the early 90's, when I finally got some money together, is that I bought a 4 track recorder, instead of an Amiga :dog:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
kpr wrote:
I develop stuff for ancient software instruments? How ignorant is that. It's about making soundtools convenient for musicians.
It's not ignorant at all, I develop sounds for current versions of software instruments and I much prefer staying ahead of times rather than running behind them. Most musicians I know including myself update their stuff at least once a year, Kontakt 2 and Absynth 3 are clearly ancient and lack a lot of functions that totally improve the sound and much expand the possibilities of creating new sounds. Which windmills are you fighting?

The OP has obviously lost track himself, demanding compatibility with a 3 year old software version is simply not realistic these days, even if you open ten new threads about it.

I know this arguments so well. It is product manager speech: Get a new computer, get the latest OS version, get the new upgraded sampleplayer. And don't forget to buy a new hd as the sample library is 120 GB now.

:)

But the musician's world is more complex and diverse too. This means that the job description has to be similar. And in case of the thread starter it says:

Make a Kontakt 5 sound working in Kontakt 3.

So this is the challenge.

I know that you are a newcomer in the musical instrument industry business. This explains your high horse you're sitting on. But please understand that there are musicians (don't call them customers) that are looking for "a good pad", they don't understand technical newspeak, they fear to get rid of data when turning "the wrong knob". When they say sound, it might be the Preset, the sample, the Multi, etc. You as a sound developer must learn to understand them, it's not their business to understand you. Got me?
http://www.backintimerecords.de
-Sound Research & Development-

kpr wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
kpr wrote:

I know this arguments so well. It is product manager speech: Get a new computer, get the latest OS version, get the new upgraded sampleplayer. And don't forget to buy a new hd as the sample library is 120 GB now.

:)

But the musician's world is more complex and diverse too. This means that the job description has to be similar. And in case of the thread starter it says:

I know that you are a newcomer in the musical industry business. This explains your high horse you're sitting on. But please understand that there are musicians (don't call them customers) that are looking for "a good pad", they don't understand technical newspeak, they fear to get rid of data when turning "the wrong knob". When they say sound, it might be the Preset, the sample, the Multi, etc. You as a sound developer must learn to understand them, it's not their business to understand you. Got me?
OMG, developer paranoia...I understand the musicians which use my sounds very well, don't worry. Being one myself since the age of six I know both sides, no need to climb down from anything. The amount of weird things you write is remarkable.

kpr wrote:And in case of the thread starter it says:

Yamaha, here is the challenge: make a Tyros sound work in DX7 :D

Sampleconstruct wrote:
OMG, developer paranoia...I understand the musicians which use my sounds very well, don't worry. Being one myself since the age of six I know both sides, no need to climb down from anything.
Topic: Request - please make nki's backwards-compatible

You still didn't get it. It must be fantastic to work with you *lol*
http://www.backintimerecords.de
-Sound Research & Development-

Return to “Instruments”