What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Aloysius
KVRAF

11070 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from Alto Icon

Postby Aloysius; Thu May 29, 2014 10:05 am Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

cyphersuit wrote:2700? thats insane!

According to the Rob Papen Newsletter today, even more Presets have been added to BLUE II.

Next time you boot up BLUE-II, the new presets will appear. The new banks are: 'The Decoder', 'Navi Retlav' and a few new presets inside 'JoMal 03', 'Pads 03', 'Synth Sounds 02', 'Sequence Sounds 01 and '98 examples'
I feel like Buddha Holly
cyphersuit
KVRAF

2150 posts since 12 Nov, 2009

Postby cyphersuit; Thu May 29, 2014 12:52 pm Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

Tried the demo today and loved it. This wins over Dune 2 for me... Which is a huge surprise for me too.

Any deals on Blue at JRR?!
Finally!
firepile
KVRian

650 posts since 19 Aug, 2009

Postby firepile; Thu May 29, 2014 1:00 pm Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

cyphersuit wrote:From the introduction video it seems like this goes more in direction i was thinking dune2 would go to. Really liking what i can see but 150 euros is a little much.

You can get it for $152 (approx €112) from AudioDeluxe.
cryophonik
KVRAF

4064 posts since 6 Sep, 2006, from Elk Grove, CA

Postby cryophonik; Thu May 29, 2014 1:04 pm Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

cyphersuit wrote:Tried the demo today and loved it. This wins over Dune 2 for me... Which is a huge surprise for me too.

No surprise here, but it's really an apples/oranges comparison. Blue and Dune are two very different synths. Personally, I haven't even been impressed enough by Dune 2 to upgrade from Dune 1 (yet), and the original Dune gets used occasionally in some of my songs. But, Blue 1 (and now Blue II) have been used in most of the songs that I've ever finished. From a sound design perspective, I just find it to be a very flexible synth with a huge sweet spot. [/opinion]
LoopyFruit
KVRist

286 posts since 10 Nov, 2005, from Scotland

Postby LoopyFruit; Thu May 29, 2014 1:20 pm Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

Beautiful
Lush
Unique
Emotive

:D
Crown Loops™
KVRer

11 posts since 27 May, 2014

Postby Crown Loops™; Thu May 29, 2014 11:05 pm Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

Does anyone think Rob Papen will port Blue 2 over to a Reason Rack Extension like he did with Predator? That would be BIG!
Crown Loops creates original sound loops, sound paks, and libraries for use by all music creators. Get a FREE! Sample Loop Pak here -http://bit.ly/1jKBRtn
cyphersuit
KVRAF

Postby cyphersuit; Fri May 30, 2014 4:33 am Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

so far jrr has the best price... just an fyi
Finally!
cyphersuit
KVRAF

Postby cyphersuit; Fri May 30, 2014 11:38 am Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

A question that came to my mind: how do you record the xy pad movement into your daw?
Finally!
tedinmexico
KVRer

10 posts since 29 Apr, 2014

Postby tedinmexico; Fri May 30, 2014 12:55 pm Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

Blue 2 is an instrument with monster functionality for sound creation.
1. 6 oscillators that can play analog, additive, spectral waves and including samples: percussion, choirs, and strings, and combinations thereof
2. Two filters with 20 filter types: including HP, LP, comb, notch, Formant, Ring and more.
3. Algorithims for the oscillators, including FM and PWM modulation
4. Phase distortion and wave shaping for the oscillators
5. X-Y screen: 16 mod paths for morphing and shaping sound and can be recorded.
6. Envelopes and multi-envelopes for the oscillators
7. 14 LFOs for modulation
8. Modulation matrix with 20 slots plus key and velocity scale
9. Two sequencers: a Mod sequencer, and a 32 step sequencer with 3 modes
10. Bank and preset manager with approx 2700 patches, including hip hop dubstep, leads, pads, and many many more.
11. 33 FX effects. That's a lot. It's gonna take me 4-6 months to learn all of it.
Aural Chaos
KVRian

1037 posts since 31 Oct, 2002, from the high desert

Postby Aural Chaos; Fri May 30, 2014 1:07 pm Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

cyphersuit wrote:A question that came to my mind: how do you record the xy pad movement into your daw?

You can record the XY movement in Blue itself. Not sure if there is a limit to how many points can be recorded.
Otherwise, maybe CCs can be assigned to X and Y position, and a controller track can be recorded.
cyphersuit
KVRAF

Postby cyphersuit; Fri May 30, 2014 1:18 pm Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

Yeah i just tried both methods, both seem to work!
Finally!
codec_spurt
KVRAF

3417 posts since 20 Sep, 2005

Postby codec_spurt; Fri May 30, 2014 4:28 pm Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

Crown Loops™ wrote:Hey KVR fam.
I've been seeing a number of reviews on Rob Papen's Blue 2 and was curious to know who has it and how do feel about it. Share your experiences with it. I'm looking to purchase it in the near future.

It was a classic ten years ago. A heavy weight.

It has been improved.

It is a great synth to have fun with. So many presets to find a good ground of what you want with your track. Then play about. Playing about with this thing is more than half the fun.

For the money, nothing comes close. Then again, there is no synth that comes close at any price. Programmed by Jon Ayres. A master. Amongst masters. Blue does Pads, it does Basses, it does Squelches. Bleeps, bloops and blops. There is nothing it can't do.

Put it like this: For the money, you will not find a more verstatile synth.

And the customer support is exceptional. It might take a day or two, but you will be dealt with in a most personal way. Rob is the best.
You'll be pleased to know, I'm knocking it all on the head.
Crown Loops™
KVRer

11 posts since 27 May, 2014

Postby Crown Loops™; Fri May 30, 2014 6:15 pm Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

Okay. You guys must know by now I'm buying Blue 2 without a doubt! Thanks for all the great responses.
Crown Loops creates original sound loops, sound paks, and libraries for use by all music creators. Get a FREE! Sample Loop Pak here -http://bit.ly/1jKBRtn
lachrimae
KVRist

110 posts since 7 Feb, 2014, from Austin, Tejas

Postby lachrimae; Fri May 30, 2014 6:15 pm Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

Aural Chaos wrote:
cyphersuit wrote:A question that came to my mind: how do you record the xy pad movement into your daw?

You can record the XY movement in Blue itself. Not sure if there is a limit to how many points can be recorded.
Otherwise, maybe CCs can be assigned to X and Y position, and a controller track can be recorded.

Just tested with Touchdaw's XY pad on my android phone and all parameters were easily (auto) written to envelope lanes in Studio 1. Haven't purchased this synth yet but it's on my list. :tu:
zerocrossing
KVRAF

7257 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Sat May 31, 2014 9:03 am Re: Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

I was underwhelmed by Blue, but on a recommendation from someone who said, "It replaced my FS1r," I tried the Blue 2 demo and I was very impressed. I've been busy consolidating my hardware, but as soon as someone buys my DX200, Blue 2 will be mine.
Zerocrossing Media
http://www.zerocrossing.net
4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments