What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What has pissed you off today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

8330 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:06 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Hink wrote:edit: I just went to find a Red Lobster menu, guess what...there are no Red Lobsters in my area anymore...people are getting smarter than I give them credit for :hihi:
Probably not because people thought about the traveling of the poor lobsters but rather because prices were too high?
KVRAF

2924 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:30 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Hink wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:In Germany they sell orange juice packs (made of concentrate) with the label "Produced in Germany", although everybody knows that oranges don't grow in Germany yet - so all they do is diluting the orange juice concentrate from Brazil with (German) water... :nutter:

:D
Why don't they just sell the concentrated stuff and let people use tap water wherever they are in order to turn it into juice? We are shipping way too much stuff around the world...

restaurant chain Red Lobster gets it's lobster from either Australia (disgusting, too tough and 1/8 the flavor imo ) or the U.S. East Coast but now they get more from the U.S....I live in New England , right in the heart of some of the best places for lobster in the world. Red Lobster is based (or was they just got purchased) in the mid-west. They ship all the lobsters from the east coast to the mid-west to be re-distributed around the country including back to New England where they got the lobsters from in the first place.

Now I can see this in a way because they probably do a lot of preparation in their plant in the mid-west (and load it up with preservatives)...what I dont get is why anyone living or visiting in New England would get lobster that has traveled halfway across the country and then back again and pay premium prices when they can go to many local places where the lobsters are kept live in tanks or even better the day before were running around the bottom of the ocean :nutter:

FTR I do not go to Red Lobster...if I want a Lobster they have them in tanks, (live) in every grocery store I go to and pay about 1/4 of what Red Lobster charges and the grocery stores will steam them for free. If I want fish for the price of one Red Lobster dinner I can buy 1lb of shrimp, 1lb of either cod or haddock and make baked stuff cod/haddock with shrimp newberg sauce at least 4 times the size of one of their dinners (probably closer 6-8 times more, my alst batch cost me 20 dollars and weighed in at about 6lbs including stuffing and the sauce) and what I dont eat I freeze which when I thaw it and cook it still tastes much, much fresher than Red Lobster. (of course I can substitute many different fish recipes like haddock au gratin which cost me about 8 dollars for 4 large servings)

edit: I just went to find a Red Lobster menu, guess what...there are no Red Lobsters in my area anymore...people are getting smarter than I give them credit for :hihi:

Poor animals :?
I am a fierce vegetarian, have been for decades.
I live in Portugal, and in Britain there is that big company called Vegetarian Shoes. I remember I ordered shoes from there, only to find out it said Made in Portugal on the label inside :hihi:
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

When I was in Italy many years ago, in 2 restaurants they served me a king prawn - I didn't know how to eat that thing, it consisted mostly of hard shield. I didn't even dare to open it... :scared:

(But I don't have a problem to eat shrimps, even if I don't like them much...)
KVRian

1333 posts since 14 Mar, 2013, from Germany

Postby CableChannel; Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:00 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Most delicious thing I ever ate from the ocean is some flat fish (I think it was european plaice) straight from the ocean onto the grill with olive oil and then on my plate.
|
|
| Win7 64 bit | Cubase7.0.6 64 bit
|
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:12 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

CableChannel wrote:Most delicious thing I ever ate from the ocean is some flat fish (I think it was european plaice) straight from the ocean onto the grill with olive oil and then on my plate.
The most delicious fish I ate was sword fish...

Rad Grandad

24535 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:44 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Tricky-Loops wrote:
CableChannel wrote:Most delicious thing I ever ate from the ocean is some flat fish (I think it was european plaice) straight from the ocean onto the grill with olive oil and then on my plate.
The most delicious fish I ate was sword fish...

swordfish is good on the grill, but tbh Mahi-Mahi is one of the best tasting fish I have had (but you have to be in the mood for it, or at least I do)...but I gotta say, tuna steaks on the grill or pan seared may just be one of the besting tasting things on earth but if you over cook it by just a few seconds it gets tough, you have to leave it a little raw in the middle so I typically leave that to professional chefs.

Swordfish I have to be in the mood for as well because it can be dry (but I'll be buying some soon actually because we are going to have a BBQ and my friend and myself will be having swordfish), but if you like swordfish dont be afraid to try shark. My local seafood market favorite sometimes gets black fin shark and broiled it's really good :tu:
Thank cod I love fish
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:59 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Hink wrote:swordfish is good on the grill, but tbh Mahi-Mahi is one of the best tasting fish I have had (but you have to be in the mood for it, or at least I do)...but I gotta say, tuna steaks on the grill or pan seared may just be one of the besting tasting things on earth but if you over cook it by just a few seconds it gets tough, you have to leave it a little raw in the middle so I typically leave that to professional chefs.

Swordfish I have to be in the mood for as well because it can be dry (but I'll be buying some soon actually because we are going to have a BBQ and my friend and myself will be having swordfish), but if you like swordfish dont be afraid to try shark. My local seafood market favorite sometimes gets black fin shark and broiled it's really good :tu:
Unfortunately we don't have a seafood market near the alps. Swordfish from Italy is EXTREMELY expensive nowadays because they over-fished them, and they're pretty rare now in the Mediterranean Sea. Tuna from Italy is rare as well and expensive, all the canned Tuna in Germany is coming from the Philippines, Malaysia or even Ecuador.

Isn't it crazy, we have fish from everywhere around the world in our supermarkets but nothing from the Mediterranean Sea... :(

But sharks, aren't they protected?
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:05 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Hink wrote:swordfish is good on the grill, but tbh Mahi-Mahi is one of the best tasting fish I have had (but you have to be in the mood for it, or at least I do)...but I gotta say, tuna steaks on the grill or pan seared may just be one of the besting tasting things on earth but if you over cook it by just a few seconds it gets tough, you have to leave it a little raw in the middle so I typically leave that to professional chefs.

Unfortunately we don't have a seafood market near the alps. Swordfish from Italy is EXTREMELY expensive nowadays because they over-fished them, and they're pretty rare now in the Mediterranean Sea. Tuna from Italy is rare as well and expensive, all the canned Tuna in Germany is coming from the Philippines or from Malaysia.

Isn't it crazy, we have fish from everywhere around the world in our supermarkets but nothing from the Mediterranean Sea... :(

But sharks, aren't they protected?

some are but not all...for a while swordfish were protected off the New England coast (I keep forgetting not everyone lives as close to the ocean as I do :oops: )
Thank cod I love fish
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:17 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Hink wrote:(I keep forgetting not everyone lives as close to the ocean as I do :oops: )
Your sea - the Atlantic - is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch bigger than the Mediterranean Sea (which is nearer to South Bavaria than the North Sea)! :o

But there are even some Great Whites (sharks) in the Mediterranean Sea, more frequently around Sicily and south of Sardinia! :scared:
KVRAF

1908 posts since 10 Oct, 2007, from Almanya

Postby chokehold; Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:26 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Schienenersatzverkehr.
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:49 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Hink wrote:(I keep forgetting not everyone lives as close to the ocean as I do :oops: )
Your sea - the Atlantic - is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch bigger than the Mediterranean Sea (which is nearer to South Bavaria than the North Sea)! :o

But there are even some Great Whites (sharks) in the Mediterranean Sea, more frequently around Sicily and south of Sardinia! :scared:

we get Great White sharks off Cape Cod but I dont care for the cape, just off of Cape Cod is Martha's Vineyard where my late sister lived...I dont like it there either :hihi: Martha's Vineyard is where they filmed Jaws, and the scene where the shark swims under the bridge is at the same place we put my sister's ashes...she use to work out in the water there in a wet suit...me I like anything north of Massachusetts on the coast and the further northeast the better, hopefully one day I will be moving back up to where my family is from and where we had a summer home* near Bar Harbor Maine.

*okay we called it a camp and it just wasn't for summer, no plumbing but great fishing, amazing wildlife and isolated...more bear for neighbors than people :tu:
Thank cod I love fish
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:29 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

@ Hink

"Jaws" was the movie that had the most impact on me when I was a child. Since then I cannot go bathing in any ocean without the permanent anxious feeling to be surrounded by sharks, even if there's nothing at all... The movie awakened my interest in sharks, and since then I've learned everything about sharks! 8)

No other movie made so much impression on me!

And I love the "Jaws" theme (music) when the shark is approaching and the sounds are getting higher and the disharmony is increasing... :scared: :love:
KVRAF

40221 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:39 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

I just LOVE how I've got my little pittance of cans and bottles all nice and separated and get to WM and every single frackin' truck (always truckfulls) are douches that don't have their crap separated. Takes an hour for 4 trucks :x
KVRAF

2444 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:21 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Hink wrote:restaurant chain Red Lobster gets it's lobster from either Australia (disgusting, too tough and 1/8 the flavor imo ) or the U.S. East Coast but now they get more from the U.S....I live in New England , right in the heart of some of the best places for lobster in the world. Red Lobster is based (or was they just got purchased) in the mid-west. They ship all the lobsters from the east coast to the mid-west to be re-distributed around the country including back to New England where they got the lobsters from in the first place.

Now I can see this in a way because they probably do a lot of preparation in their plant in the mid-west (and load it up with preservatives)...what I dont get is why anyone living or visiting in New England would get lobster that has traveled halfway across the country and then back again and pay premium prices when they can go to many local places where the lobsters are kept live in tanks or even better the day before were running around the bottom of the ocean :nutter:

FTR I do not go to Red Lobster...if I want a Lobster they have them in tanks, (live) in every grocery store I go to and pay about 1/4 of what Red Lobster charges and the grocery stores will steam them for free. If I want fish for the price of one Red Lobster dinner I can buy 1lb of shrimp, 1lb of either cod or haddock and make baked stuff cod/haddock with shrimp newberg sauce at least 4 times the size of one of their dinners (probably closer 6-8 times more, my alst batch cost me 20 dollars and weighed in at about 6lbs including stuffing and the sauce) and what I dont eat I freeze which when I thaw it and cook it still tastes much, much fresher than Red Lobster. (of course I can substitute many different fish recipes like haddock au gratin which cost me about 8 dollars for 4 large servings)

edit: I just went to find a Red Lobster menu, guess what...there are no Red Lobsters in my area anymore...people are getting smarter than I give them credit for :hihi:

Everything at Red Lobster is either boil-in-a-bag or nuke-ro-wave - their kitchens cook nothing.

Living inland makes it hard to get fresh seafood - everything here is transported frozen or semi-frozen from Vietnam or China. We do get fresh catfish, carp and tilapia (yuck).
KVRAF

40221 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:38 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

It's been about 14 years since I've been to a red lobster. I loved the biscuits and a ceaser salad with the little shimps, and then shrimp scampi. Crap, now I'm hungry.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic