What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

what has made you happy today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

401 posts since 21 Feb, 2014

Postby LimboLoves; Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:18 am Re: what has made you happy today?

While cleaning out my mom's house with her this morning, I found a book I wrote in 8th grade. Here are some excerpts,

Apparently I believe in both Jesus and Aliens living on the moon. Now I know why I wasn't popular in school.
KVRAF

6129 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:30 am Re: what has made you happy today?

LimboLoves wrote:While cleaning out my mom's house with her this morning, I found a book I wrote in 8th grade. Here are some excerpts,

Apparently I believe in both Jesus and Aliens living on the moon. Now I know why I wasn't popular in school.

And now you like EDM. Your taste isn't getting any better.

BTW joking mate ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
KVRist

401 posts since 21 Feb, 2014

Postby LimboLoves; Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:50 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Mushy Mushy wrote:
LimboLoves wrote:While cleaning out my mom's house with her this morning, I found a book I wrote in 8th grade. Here are some excerpts,

And now you like EDM. Your taste isn't getting any better.

BTW joking mate ;)

Ha. I used to like EDM. Back when Soulwax, Simian Mobile Disco and Justice were cranking out tunes. I can take a joke though :hihi:
KVRAF

6129 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:02 am Re: what has made you happy today?

LimboLoves wrote:Ha. I used to like EDM. Back when Soulwax, Simian Mobile Disco and Justice were cranking out tunes. I can take a joke though :hihi:
:tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
KVRist

256 posts since 31 Aug, 2013

Postby Bombadil; Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:28 am Re: what has made you happy today?

What made me happy today? Reading the story of Bernard Jordan, the WWII vet who was refused permission by his nursing home in England to attend the D-Day ceremonies in France. The old bugger grabbed his medals and went awol, only to show up in Normandy. I had to really lol at that. You go pops! :clap: :clap: :clap:
KVRAF

19832 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:15 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Bombadil wrote:What made me happy today? Reading the story of Bernard Jordan, the WWII vet who was refused permission by his nursing home in England to attend the D-Day ceremonies in France. The old bugger grabbed his medals and went awol, only to show up in Normandy. I had to really lol at that. You go pops! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great story, but apparently no one told him he couldn't go, he just decided he wanted to go and didn't tell anyone and got on a bus with a buddy and went.

No stopping guys like him though, that's for sure!
something special

7868 posts since 15 Mar, 2002, from gone riding

Postby bluedad; Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:34 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Last yr I spent $2500 get a air conditioning fixed in my truck. This spring however, it did not seem to put out much of anything, the fan wasn't blowing much out. So yesterday my daughter and I were out; eventually my daughter got to fooling
around with the vents, and discovered they were all closed. When we got them all open it was like, wow! It's great now, and even the truck seems to run better, lol!
One ray of light in an otherwise terrible weekend.
I want to thank IK for the trip to Hawaii and for letting me play with ST3 since January.
KVRAF

16122 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:45 am Re: what has made you happy today?

My son sent me a couple of gifts in the post ... a 10" single "There is no god" by Bonnie Prince Billy, and a Daredevil / Silver Surfer graphic novel. :)
Rad Grandad

24570 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:33 am Re: what has made you happy today?

bluedad wrote:Last yr I spent $2500 get a air conditioning fixed in my truck. This spring however, it did not seem to put out much of anything, the fan wasn't blowing much out. So yesterday my daughter and I were out; eventually my daughter got to fooling
around with the vents, and discovered they were all closed. When we got them all open it was like, wow! It's great now, and even the truck seems to run better, lol!

2500 to fix your ac? You do know the windows can open right? :P...sorry you had a bad weekend Gary :hug: This might catch your attention. I was riding up the river to get my daughter at school and on the road there use to be a boat showroom, then it turned into a granite showroom (countertops and stuff)...today there was a big tractor trailer in front unloading a bunch of motorcycles, from afar they looked like Harleys but this is what is now on the front of the building

I wonder when they will open? The place is big so maybe they'll have a cool grand opening :hyper:
As long as you hate, there will be people to hate
-George Harrison
KVRAF

7464 posts since 2 Apr, 2002, from Austin, Texas, USA

Postby SyntheticAurality; Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:09 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

Got a new contract, 4+ months in Tulsa, OK writing code for security fences, using a very familiar processor! the new place is near a bus stop, too! :wheee:

Only bad thing is they need me to start Wednesday morning, so I'm in a rush packing and cleaning upp.. already have a place to stay and a bus ticket. I get paid weekly, too! :hyper:

Never lived in Oklahoma.. should be fun!
Rad Grandad

24570 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:11 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

SyntheticAurality wrote:Got a new contract, 4+ months in Tulsa, OK writing code for security fences, using a very familiar processor! the new place is near a bus stop, too! :wheee:

Only bad thing is they need me to start Wednesday morning, so I'm in a rush packing and cleaning upp.. already have a place to stay and a bus ticket. I get paid weekly, too! :hyper:

Never lived in Oklahoma.. should be fun!

best wishes, I'b be worried about tornados :scared:
As long as you hate, there will be people to hate
-George Harrison
KVRAF

2683 posts since 18 Apr, 2002, from Ogden, UT

Postby audiojunkie; Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:46 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

Oklahoma isn't as scary as the movies make it out to be. I lived there for 10 years and was in hundreds of storms with tornadoes in them. It is rare that you get to actually see one though. I saw only one the whole time I lived there. Our house was only damaged a couple of times, and it wasn't very bad damage. The dangerous part is if you happen to be in the path of a tornado (never happened to me). It is like playing roulette with low odds. Someone always wins (in this case loses), but it is usually someone else. I don't think you'll have too much to worry about. :-) The storms are really fantastic though, and you may never see something quite as unique again, so I think you'll like it. :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.
KVRAF

6935 posts since 2 Aug, 2005, from Guitar Land, USA

Postby RunBeerRun; Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

Was able to post a comment on Youtube finally, press post, wait an obscenely long time, press it again.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
KVRAF

40082 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:07 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

bluedad wrote:Last yr I spent $2500 get a air conditioning fixed in my truck. This spring however, it did not seem to put out much of anything, the fan wasn't blowing much out. So yesterday my daughter and I were out; eventually my daughter got to fooling

2500 bucks?????????? Wow, that seems really steep.
KVRist

256 posts since 31 Aug, 2013

Postby Bombadil; Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:46 am Re: what has made you happy today?

My D-28 and some herbal tea. :ud:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic