What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

72 posts since 21 Nov, 2012

Postby kirsty roland; Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:54 am Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

Ranjarresh wrote:And what is the password to ZIP archive with plugin?

oop's sorry :oops: I copied that file from an old backup disk.
I've updated the download now with no password.

Kirsty
KVRist

188 posts since 22 May, 2009, from Portugal,Azores (faial island)

Postby sergiofrias; Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:38 am Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

welcome back Kirsty,quick test here...something is still wrong with the aliasing. all waveforms display heavy aliasing,at a audible range.Other than that i love the way we can drag the modules ;)
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25
KVRist

Postby kirsty roland; Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:44 am Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

sergiofrias wrote:welcome back Kirsty,quick test here...something is still wrong with the aliasing. all waveforms display heavy aliasing,at a audible <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">range.Other</span> than that i love the way we can drag the modules ;)

Thanks for trying it, I know the oscillator is a bit naff and I never really did fix that bug.
I'm writing all new oscillator code now using a different technique so the next release should be ok.

I'm also seriously considering altering a lot of the internal GUI code to slim it all down a bit.
I'm just not happy with the sequencer and some of the patchbay modules.
This is one of those projects that is starting to get unmaintainable in it's current state, but still great fun to make.

Cheers Kirsty
KVRist

102 posts since 14 Jan, 2014, from The North. England.

Postby DrewDale; Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:31 am Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

I am still not able to download this, the link is not working for me :?
KIT- Boss DR220E, Korg Microkorg, Roland JX305, Yamaha CS01, Yamaha Rm1x, Yamaha SY35, Zoom ST224.
TOYS- Casio DM-100, Casio VL-1, Korg Monotron series, Stylophone, Yamaha QY10, Yamaha VSS30.
DAW - FL Studio 11. Producer Edition on Windows 8.1 Pro.
KVRist

143 posts since 16 Mar, 2014, from Berlin

Postby Maomoondog; Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:51 pm Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

DrewDale wrote:I am still not able to download this, the link is not working for me :?

The same for me too. I have tried google chrome and IE to get the download to work, but nothing happens. :(
Things I did.
Forever Young / Afternoons In Utopia / The Breathtaking Blue / Prostitute / Salvation / Dreamscapes.
Things never released.
The 12 Inch Singles 84-98 / The B Sides 84 - 98 / You Know The Words (The Singles 84 - 98)
KVRist

102 posts since 14 Jan, 2014, from The North. England.

Postby DrewDale; Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:43 am Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

Can anyone provide a working download link for this please? Two days after posting I still have no reply!
KIT- Boss DR220E, Korg Microkorg, Roland JX305, Yamaha CS01, Yamaha Rm1x, Yamaha SY35, Zoom ST224.
TOYS- Casio DM-100, Casio VL-1, Korg Monotron series, Stylophone, Yamaha QY10, Yamaha VSS30.
DAW - FL Studio 11. Producer Edition on Windows 8.1 Pro.
KVRist

Postby kirsty roland; Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:34 pm Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

It"s my stupid web host. I"ll find somewhere better.
I"ve rearanged a lot of stuff on the GUI and written all new oscillator code and reduced
cpu by nearly 50% so will post an update soon.

Kirsty
KVRist

Postby kirsty roland; Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:20 am Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

KVRist

Postby Maomoondog; Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:18 pm Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

:tu:
Time to play.
Things I did.
Forever Young / Afternoons In Utopia / The Breathtaking Blue / Prostitute / Salvation / Dreamscapes.
Things never released.
The 12 Inch Singles 84-98 / The B Sides 84 - 98 / You Know The Words (The Singles 84 - 98)
WOK
KVRAF

1817 posts since 24 Feb, 2004, from Germany

Postby WOK; Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:59 am Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

Had a quick test - nice so far and lower on CPU.
One thing: the LFO has the same button like the "octave" at the OSC, but they just lower the volume independend from the "level" knob ?
And the in poly mode there is a new lfo at each new note of a chord, but is is neither synchronized to the note on nor to the other lfo. There should be a choice to have one lfo for all voices or independend per voice - but the latter with start on key sync.

(and the cable tension knob works reverse :wink: )
ImageImage
KVRist

Postby kirsty roland; Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:26 am Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

WOK wrote:Had a quick test - nice so far and lower on CPU.
One thing: the LFO has the same button like the "octave" at the OSC, but they just lower the volume independend from the "level" knob ?
And the in poly mode there is a new lfo at each new note of a chord, but is is neither synchronized to the note on nor to the other lfo. There should be a choice to have one lfo for all voices or independend per voice - but the latter with start on key sync.

(and the cable tension knob works reverse :wink: )

Hi Wok

Thanks for trying it.

The Osc button is octave up, normal and down.
The Lfo button doesn't lower the volume it lowers the output level, like, course, normal and fine. It's just a graphics/icon issue.
I'll add a sync input to the lfo(s) to reset the phase.
WOK wrote:and the cable tension knob works reverse :wink: )

I could change 'tension' to 'slacken' :hihi:

I've started to work on the effects page today.

Cheers Kirsty
KVRist

188 posts since 22 May, 2009, from Portugal,Azores (faial island)

Postby sergiofrias; Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:39 am Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

Quick test here...I just love Patchwork Modular ,it remindes me of those eurorack
modulars ( Doepfer),last night i was feedbacking the output of the filter to the input of the filter(that is something i do on every modular,it gives a phatter sound because of the filter overdrive) thank you Kirsty for the "patchbay" and "level control" modules couldn't live without them,the sequencer is working alright,haven't tried all the modes yet,so no major bugs found at the moment.
I really love the way you implemented "CV" and "Gate",that is something that i miss on some other vst modulars.
Kirsty i could see that you improved the oscillators ,sine wave is ok , the sawtooth and square are better sounding but they are still very "low-fi" there is a lot of aliasing,that code will need more work have you tried bandlimiting ,lowpass filtering and oversampling to fix those problems?...Also i'm running out of modules,could you extend the 16 virtual 'racks' ? (maybe making it unlimited with scrollbar)...the gui could be a little bit larger,i would love to make some higher resolution skins :)
...keep it up,i'm loving all the new stuff :)
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25
KVRAF

3439 posts since 16 Dec, 2002, from over there

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:36 am Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

Nice, makes Wusik4000 look like cheap assed shareware
KVRist

Postby Maomoondog; Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:25 am Re: XSRDO Patchwork Modular is now free

Sounds great, works great. Keep up the development Kirsty. :tu:
I would like a darker GUI really, but perhaps that is just a dream. :wink:
Things I did.
Things never released.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Modular Synthesis