What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Could you build a closed studio room inside an anechoic chamber?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

V0RT3X
KVRAF

4147 posts since 3 Jul, 2012

Postby V0RT3X; Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:37 pm Could you build a closed studio room inside an anechoic chamber?

I have a silly question, but could you build a big main studio room suspended inside an anechoic chamber. I'm just wondering what effect it would have on the sound inside the room while your listening to your stuff play back on your huge ass monitors.

:lol: Sorry I could'nt help it i had to ask and I did'nt find anything on it.
Having the best tools and technical knowledge isn't gonna do much for you if you don't understand how to make good music.
geroyannis
KVRAF

2070 posts since 1 Apr, 2004, from Athens, Greece

Postby geroyannis; Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:58 pm Re: Could you build a closed studio room inside an anechoic chamber?

I guess the properties of the anechoic chamber would be irrelevant since your room would be a new one, with it's own properties.
V0RT3X
KVRAF

4147 posts since 3 Jul, 2012

Postby V0RT3X; Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:01 am Re: Could you build a closed studio room inside an anechoic chamber?

Yah that's what i thought too. If i had a setup like this, i could play my speakers as loud as i wanted without causing noise problems for the neighbors.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Having the best tools and technical knowledge isn't gonna do much for you if you don't understand how to make good music.
Acid Mitch
KVRAF

1572 posts since 5 Oct, 2005

Postby Acid Mitch; Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:10 am Re: Could you build a closed studio room inside an anechoic chamber?

But anechoic chambers aren't sound proof. They just have no reverb. Turn things up loud enough and your neighbours will still hear you.
Jrace
KVRist

48 posts since 18 Aug, 2013, from UK

Postby Jrace; Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:43 am Re: Could you build a closed studio room inside an anechoic chamber?

Yeah if you build a room inside it then you now have reverberation.

What would be interesting would be having the chamber as your studio, though not sure how long you'd want to be in there before it drove you crazy!

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Production Techniques