IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Submitted ticket.

1 minor niggle other than I currently can't use stand alone ... it rescans the library after every import. I have like 12 or so of those to do ... Obviously it won't matter after that, but geez.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Unfortunately Peter Sounds file one will take 3 hours according to Firefox. IE noted the same.

The ST3 file was quick - ~5 minutes.

Alas, I can't sit here and wait for each file to complete so I maxed out the number of allowed dl's (6) and will do it again tomorrow.

As for not being able to guarantee a good mood all the time......

Remember to Take the Meds :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:...not to mention the premium download service we use to provide the SampleTank 3 libraries has been rock solid and fast so the proof has been served as the pudding today I'd say. I'm glad literally thousands of people were able to simultaneously download such large amounts of data without issues.
I downloaded all 8 library files at once, took me about 90 minutes. :tu:

SJ_Digriz wrote:Submitted ticket.

1 minor niggle other than I currently can't use stand alone ... it rescans the library after every import. I have like 12 or so of those to do ... Obviously it won't matter after that, but geez.
I've reported this directly to the Product Manager. The only existing workaround is to arrange your libraries in subfolders, and then just do one giant import and I know that's not optimal.

Which browser lotus2035?

I've got 6 going in Firefox and it's saying 7 hours. 6 is the max it will allow me.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Good news is you can use each file individually so get part 3 first it has the pianos. And they are nice.

Another question Peter.....since your still monitoring this thread.

Since I plan to install to my new 'puter once built, and am installing now to my current rig, will I be able to just move the data files or need to do a full install of all product?

I realize I will need to install the main program and authorize.

Thanks!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Other than the zip blip, everything has gone smoothly, including the import of the legacy instruments. Looking good, Peter! :clap:

Looks like I won't have to have a little chat with my wife, after all.... :lol:
I am 100% positive that you were already smart enough to know the ins and outs of "little chats" with your spouse even before having a positive experience here. :) Glad to hear it went well for you overall and happy to have you on board.
Well, yes. She is right, and I am wrong. I did ask her to not do this again, though. :scared:

BTW, zip 7 and 8 both died on me during download, 7 a couple of times. Trying 8 again, but I have to get some sleep.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Other than the zip blip, everything has gone smoothly, including the import of the legacy instruments. Looking good, Peter! :clap:

I am 100% positive that you were already smart enough to know the ins and outs of "little chats" with your spouse even before having a positive experience here. :) Glad to hear it went well for you overall and happy to have you on board.
Well, yes. She is right, and I am wrong. I did ask her to not do this again, though. :scared:

BTW, zip 7 and 8 both died on me during download, 7 a couple of times. Trying 8 again, but I have to get some sleep.
Since this seems the exception and not the norm, I'd like to see if you would do a traceroute and such but sleep is more important (trust me, I know... :) ) but please do take a stab at them tomorrow and let me know if your situation improves. I tried these just recently and they are blazing fast here.

bigcat1969 wrote:Good news is you can use each file individually so get part 3 first it has the pianos. And they are nice.

Just got this in my inbox... Sounds Great too.

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?Prod ... e=nl140724

BTW Peter, Sampletank 3 is a winner.. Congrats Sir. :love:

dsan@mail.com wrote:Another question Peter.....since your still monitoring this thread.

Since I plan to install to my new 'puter once built, and am installing now to my current rig, will I be able to just move the data files or need to do a full install of all product?

I realize I will need to install the main program and authorize.

Thanks!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Yes, you can just move the whole library. I do this but with an external drive and it has been working very well. I recommend getting an external drive if you use multiple computers for music creation, it has been awesome for storing samples and making sure everything is pretty much the same across machines and platforms. I keep some actual audio files on it too (especially for Harrison Mixbus projects since I work on them on multiple machines quite often) and it is a timesaver.

Rajah wrote:
bigcat1969 wrote:Good news is you can use each file individually so get part 3 first it has the pianos. And they are nice.

Just got this in my inbox... Sounds Great too.

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?Prod ... e=nl140724

BTW Peter, Sampletank 3 is a winner.. Congrats Sir. :love:
You're very welcome. Glad to see the first 3rd party library available on the very first day! This is a good day after all. Rough start, but good day in the end. *whew*

Bombadil wrote:

Since this seems the exception and not the norm, I'd like to see if you would do a traceroute and such but sleep is more important (trust me, I know... :) ) but please do take a stab at them tomorrow and let me know if your situation improves. I tried these just recently and they are blazing fast here.
It seems to short-circuit when I am multi-tasking with other apps, in this case, the standalone ST3. I am using the latest Firefox, and I decided to refresh the library, and my computer, or Firefox, or whatever, didn't seem to like me doing that. I have 7, and am now, hopefully, about 20 minutes from 8. Then I'm going to bed. So, I would guess the problem is at my end. My DSL isn't exactly blazingly fast in comparisons with some of the figures I've seen cited here.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hehehe.....Yes, thanks for the advice.

Truth be known, I presently have 3 'puters going and ballpark of 18 hdd's. Everything networked so each is a slave to the other (of sorts).

Once you go multi you'll never go solo again :hihi:

(That too IS what SHE said ;) )

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Return to “Instruments”