IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Roman Empire wrote:Just want to let you know that it works perfect here so far under Cubase 7.5 64 bit (latest release) under Win 7 with 5 parts playing different instruments!
Gonna be looking at how to get the midi patterns to play, and how to get those instrument bitmap images to show as well (although I´ll prolly turn it off again to save ressources, but maybe it somehow inspires.)

Best Regards

Roman Empire
Great, thanks! The patterns should be covered in the manual but it really can be as simple as loading one and dragging onto one of the keys of the virtual keyboard (or even into your DAW as MIDI) and they are very cool. Also, for live performers you can store an amazing amount of patterns in a set list if that's how you roll :) As far as the rendered instrument graphics, you can toggle that by clicking the INFO button.

Bombadil wrote:Pads are nice. I have to admit to a weakness for nice synth pads. Makes me feel all new-agey and one with the Macroverse.
That's two categories, now. I suppose we should send your wife some flowers, because having you write her some romantic piece with ethnic instruments and pads may not work as well as intended (especially since you stated she was a musician). :)

valerian_777 wrote:
Jim Roseberry wrote: You have an expensive card but sharing ASIO drivers are supported? (maybe your ASIO is just used in another application as you opened Standalone).
No other audio applications open...
Just for good measure, I also rebooted the machine (just to make sure a previous app wasn't "holding on" to the audio interface driver). Same behavior. Reports no ASIO driver available.
I'll file a support ticket.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Pads are nice. I have to admit to a weakness for nice synth pads. Makes me feel all new-agey and one with the Macroverse.
That's two categories, now. I suppose we should send your wife some flowers, because having you write her some romantic piece with ethnic instruments and pads may not work as well as intended (especially since you stated she was a musician). :)
Just send bonus points, or better, cash! :hyper:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:
Just send bonus points, or better, cash! :hyper:
I would think that me sending your wife cash would look pretty untoward. :)

untoward, unschmoward! :tu:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Any idea how to import legacy combis from ST3?

So what's the download size?

I'm sure this has been answered but the search engine is failing me...

Thanks...

About 32 gigs. With my legacy instruments, the ST3 folder is now over 60 gigs. Must. Make. Space.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

audientronic wrote:So what's the download size?

Thanks...
(roughly)

Part 1 - 2.0GB
Part 2 - 3.1GB
Part 3 - 2.8GB
Part 4 - 3.0GB
Part 5 - 3.2GB
Part 6 - 3.4GB
Part 7 - 3.2GB
Part 8 - 4.0GB

Bombadil wrote:About 32 gigs. With my legacy instruments, the ST3 folder is now over 60 gigs. Must. Make. Space.

Thanks...
(roughly)

Part 1 - 2.0GB
Part 2 - 3.1GB
Part 3 - 2.8GB
Part 4 - 3.0GB
Part 5 - 3.2GB
Part 6 - 3.4GB
Part 7 - 3.2GB
Part 8 - 4.0GB
Thanks and thanks! Have to wait until next months bandwidth limit, unfortunately.

Is it possible to import my old sounds before installing the new ones (while I wait), or will I confuse ST3?

Peter, I just set up an FX array on the master track, but am having trouble finding it, when scrolling through the effects. It saved in 'Effects Presets' folder. Do I have to rebuild the entire data base again for it to show up?
-Martin Luther King Jr.

audientronic wrote:
Bombadil wrote:About 32 gigs. With my legacy instruments, the ST3 folder is now over 60 gigs. Must. Make. Space.

Thanks...
(roughly)

Part 1 - 2.0GB
Part 2 - 3.1GB
Part 3 - 2.8GB
Part 4 - 3.0GB
Part 5 - 3.2GB
Part 6 - 3.4GB
Part 7 - 3.2GB
Part 8 - 4.0GB
Thanks and thanks! Have to wait until next months bandwidth limit, unfortunately.

Is it possible to import my old sounds before installing the new ones (while I wait), or will I confuse ST3?
Augh, I'd like to say "yes, super easy go ahead" but cannot. Is it possible to at least download the first part (2GB)? It is laid out in this FAQ how that will prevent an issue with importing legacy libraries: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3646

Bombadil wrote:Peter, I just set up an FX array on the master track, but am having trouble finding it, when scrolling through the effects. It saved in 'Effects Presets' folder. Do I have to rebuild the entire data base again for it to show up?
Odd, you should not have to do that. Did you try restarting SampleTank 3? Though that's yet another thing you shouldn't have to do so let me know if you did and if it worked/works.

audientronic wrote:

Augh, I'd like to say "yes, super easy go ahead" but cannot. Is it possible to at least download the first part (2GB)? It is laid out in this FAQ how that will prevent an issue with importing legacy libraries: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3646
Thanks for the tip. I can wait it out. :phew:

Return to “Instruments”