My feature wishlist

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!
Here’s my feature wishlist, just in case it can help.
Comments are welcome!

- Duplicate track (+ subtracks option)
- Option : delete/rename commands affect both track and its corresponding rack at the same time (classic DAW style)
- Midi input focus button on each rack (so that you can focus multiple racks)
- Merge automation clips
- Stretch automation clips
- Automation clips also have the unique / shared copy system
- Automation clips also have the “quick selection” menu, like sequences (bottom left of the arrangement window)
- Automation editor : when hovering cursor over an automation curve (which turns cursor into hand), mouse wheel no longer zooms but scrolls through different curve types
- Drag and drop any element from the arrangement into the browser
- Loop markers are linked together (Ableton style) so that you can easily move the loop selection without altering its length
- Option that dragging an insert FX onto another FX swaps them (instead of replacing the targeted one)
- Shift+click on any track’s subtrack icon (triangle) shows subtracks for all tracks (same for hiding)
- “Render selected part as new sample” has the option to create .wav audio file to HD directory
- Mouse wheel zoom sensitivity in the preferences
- Permanent preset color changes (+ factory reset option)
- Preferences option to assign one default color to automation clips / automation tracks
- Full screen mode

jo u have got to take ideas down i am 110 % behind his ideas they sound great count me in any one else +1

nasenbluten wrote: - Midi input focus button on each rack (so that you can focus multiple racks)
I know it's only half related, but if i have one track to go to many racks, i put a send in the first rack, first slot. That will send midi to the receiving rack.

nasenbluten wrote:Here’s my feature wishlist, just in case it can help. Comments are welcome!
Thanks for posting your prioritized FRs. Although i'm not going to comment on all of them (for this reason) below are some inlined replies:
Option : delete/rename commands affect both track and its corresponding rack at the same time (classic DAW style)
Note that when you rename a rack, any track that is connected to that rack auto uses that new name. (assumed you didn't give the track a specific name)
Render selected part as new sample” has the option to create .wav audio file to HD directory
You can use "Export Composition As Audio File" with only that part selected.
Permanent preset color changes (+ factory reset option)
How do u mean?

Thanks for your comments everyone!

Mutools: I think the color palette is saved "per song", not global? so if you change your palette in one song, your other songs remain unaffected.

Concerning the audio export tip: thanks! I should have experimented a bit more. But in that case I think there's a problem with the "from position/to position" values, which do not automatically follow the selected part. When I use "render selected parts as new sample" the values are always according to the selected part, which is very handy.

nasenbluten wrote:I think the color palette is saved "per song", not global? so if you change your palette in one song, your other songs remain unaffected.
If you change and/or replace the global template for new sessions (called New.MuSession) then you'll have your own personalized color (and other!) settings in every new song you'll make. Or isn't that what you mean to accomplish?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:
nasenbluten wrote:I think the color palette is saved "per song", not global? so if you change your palette in one song, your other songs remain unaffected.
If you change and/or replace the global template for new sessions (called New.MuSession) then you'll have your own personalized color (and other!) settings in every new song you'll make. Or isn't that what you mean to accomplish?
Yes you are totally right. The only problem is if you decide to change your palette AFTER you have created different songs. But I realize thats very minor.

Return to “MUTOOLS”