IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Vocalpoint Studios wrote:
DarkStar wrote:In that case, I would raise a Support Ticket at IK Multimedia.
Ticket raised.

However - since I suspect that IK is being deluged with issues after this half baked rollout - it may be days or weeks (or never) to get an actual answer.

Here's hoping...:)

VP
It is working very well for many, not half-baked at all. Support has been very responsive and helpful. I'm sure they will help you too. Sorry to see that you are starting out on such a negative note and with such expectations. If you have had a bad experience in the past that is causing this, please send me details via PM.

an interesting comparison :shrug:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUEtm6Hl2cs

That is an interesting comparison el-bo. Thanks for the share :tu:

The two compared seem to have a lot in common so it appears a fair comparison - of the two.

To my ear it sounded as if Music Studio had more clarity, but then that could have been the manner in which they have been recorded for the vid. Other variables may have played a factor as well.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

to my ears, music studio sucked, and st3 sucked a bit less (voices were especially egregious) :-)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Does it make you wonder why the author chose the two to compare Burillo?
:shrug:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

probably because they have similar soundsets, e.g. have the same instruments so it's more straightforward to compare them.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:It is working very well for many, not half-baked at all. Support has been very responsive and helpful. I'm sure they will help you too. Sorry to see that you are starting out on such a negative note and with such expectations. If you have had a bad experience in the past that is causing this, please send me details via PM.
Peter,

Firstly - let's be fair - ST3 had at least a 3-5 year gestation period - you would think your team would have had plenty of time to work out the kinks. Especially on the worlds most used OS.

Secondly - while I am sure there are folks our there for whom everything is working - right now that's not me. It really rubs me the wrong way when the "working" folks are thrown into a non-working scenario. Frankly - right now - all I really care about is why it's not working for me.

RE: "such expectations"....like what exactly? Like a product that actually works when I install it?

Apologies - but I do not think actually using the product successfully after buying it and installing it - qualifies as an "expectation". It should be a "given".

Finally - I do hope support gets back to me - but you can be sure I will be back here tomorrow to inform you of this fact if they do not. It's just a shame - after seemingly years of waiting for this - the experience thus far is very frustrating and disappointing - to me anyway.

VP
Last edited by Vocalpoint Studios on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, I'm sorry that your experience wasn't smooth and I'm sure support will help. That is what they are there for. I also apologize that mentioning working folks in response to the "half baked" terminology did not sit well with you. Noted.

(edited as it was disjointed)

That comparison suggests that ST3 sounds almost the same like Music Studio. But I can't believe that ST3 has been pushed to its limits in that video.

CableChannel wrote:That comparison suggests that ST3 sounds almost the same like Music Studio. But I can't believe that ST3 has been pushed to its limits in that video.
they do sound quite similar, and they really shouldn't :shrug:

i prefer the music studio version, as it seems to be a more cohesive blend of the sounds. part of this , though, might be due to him having had more time to get to know music studio.

it would be interesting to hear this from his logic exs library, and even the kontakt standard library

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
CableChannel wrote:That comparison suggests that ST3 sounds almost the same like Music Studio. But I can't believe that ST3 has been pushed to its limits in that video.

it would be interesting to hear this from his logic exs library, and even the kontakt standard library
I was thinking the same thing about the EXS.
“You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire.
Once the flame begin to catch, the wind will blow it higher.”
--Peter Gabriel

What is music studio?

memyselfandus wrote:What is music studio?
an ipad app

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Yes, I'm sorry that your experience wasn't smooth and I'm sure support will help. That is what they are there for. I also apologize that mentioning working folks in response to the "half baked" terminology did not sit well with you. Noted.

(edited as it was disjointed)
Support got back to me - but the best they could do was instruct me to install ASIO4ALL onto our production DAWs - which is not going to happen.

I guess I have no choice but to wait it out for the ST3 maintenance release.

Cheers,

VP

Burillo wrote:is SampleTank 4 planned?
It will be 128 bit only :lol:

Return to “Instruments”