If Diva and NI Massive had a baby...

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Massive also has no dedicated mod sources for Breath, Modwheel, and Expression Pedal... that one is pretty much a showstopper for me...
But there are macros which you can assign to those CCs. And they are extremely powerful.
Yeah, but those assignments are global... so if I apply breath to Macro 1, every preset will have breath applied to Macro 1... and each preset has included modulations... so one cannot just assign breath or modwheel or expression to a parameter without affecting other assigned parameters. That means I have to edit every freaking preset just to make that possible.

And maybe I like the modulations that the preset designer setup on Macro1... but it does not happen to work well with the modulation source I had to globally choose for that Macro. Gotta rearrange everything.

I consider it one of the stupidest deficiencies ever in a synth... no way to just apply modwheel? WTF???

Massive sucks in this regard...

I still quite like it. Even with global MIDI CC assignments. Extremely powerful synth.

EvilDragon wrote:I still quite like it. Even with global MIDI CC assignments. Extremely powerful synth.
Sure... different synths for different people... Diversity is good! :wink:

I just sold Zebra and bought Diva. I find that Diva and Massive is a great combo.

pdxindy wrote:
I hardly use the Diva filters in TDZ cause they use too much cpu and then I cannot use all the other tools I love Zebra for. Plus it still does not sound like Diva. Diva works because all the parts fit well together. It is one integrated synth that understands its own limitations and gives great results.

A stereo signal path with the Diva filters on a modular design with lots of different modules and you would be lucky to make 1 monophonic note. I want Zebra to stay what it is... An excellent sounding synth that is great for its versatility and reasonable cpu use... an all-around workhorse synth.
I use the Diva filter in TDZ a lot because they sound awesome and are worth the cpu hit.
And i want Zebra (which is TDZ in my case) to stay what it is.
An excellent sounding synth that is great for its versatility and reasonable cpu use... an all-around workhorse synth with with those Diva filter included.

So from my perspective its not about whether it makes sense to add them but whether it makes sense to take them away.
Andy is a support ninja.

uselessmind wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
I hardly use the Diva filters in TDZ cause they use too much cpu and then I cannot use all the other tools I love Zebra for. Plus it still does not sound like Diva. Diva works because all the parts fit well together. It is one integrated synth that understands its own limitations and gives great results.

A stereo signal path with the Diva filters on a modular design with lots of different modules and you would be lucky to make 1 monophonic note. I want Zebra to stay what it is... An excellent sounding synth that is great for its versatility and reasonable cpu use... an all-around workhorse synth.
I use the Diva filter in TDZ a lot because they sound awesome and are worth the cpu hit.
And i want Zebra (which is TDZ in my case) to stay what it is.
An excellent sounding synth that is great for its versatility and reasonable cpu use... an all-around workhorse synth with with those Diva filter included.

So from my perspective its not about whether it makes sense to add them but whether it makes sense to take them away.
My understanding from things Urs has said here in the forum is that TDZ is a one off... and that the Diva filters will not be in Zebra 3... Of course that may change and even what Urs says today is not assurance of a year from now. Sometimes plans change and Z3 is a long way away...

Return to “u-he”