TimeDomain: EpiCentre Support

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EpiCentre

Compyfox wrote:
Ichad.c wrote:Win 64bit is in my plans, hopefully before end '14. MAC will only happen if one falls in my lap for an extremely decent price. Manual will follow - it's on my TODO list.
Wait... EpiCentre drops SEM files. So it's SynthEdit...
I was kind of aware that it might not be possible - but wouldn't that mean you have to rewrite the code?
Yeah, I use SE, been a user for nearly 9 years, custom coding modules for about 2 years now too. I've stayed 'under-wraps' for many years to improve my skills before releasing anything public; SynthEdit has gotten a unwarranted bad reputation for *some* too eager devs who released stuff too soon/eagerly, and I didn't want to fuel that myth. You'll see a custom SEM called "EpiCentre.SEM" that handles 99.9% of what EpiCentre does - the 0.1% is SE GUI related. My c++ code is already 100% win64 compatibly - will take about 15 seconds to compile :D A MAC version - I'm not sure - haven't tested it yet ( did preliminary win64 tests already), MAC *should* be 98%->100% compatible too. Just ironing out the 64bit SE bugs, most of wich seems to be related to the new cross-compatible GUI system. We're getting there slowly but surely.

This plug is great, but I'm finding it way too unpredictable in it's current state. Once in a while, I still get the audio drop-outs that kill all of my computer's audio. It happens once in a blue moon, but it's still there. Any updates in the works concerning this issue, Chad of the i.c?
[Insert Signature Here]

If there is a Mac Port, I know a couple of people who'd definitely jump on this.

Pity that you didn't get a port done in time. Which would have raised your chance on a top spot even more.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

bailees7irish wrote:i.c?
Intensive Care? :clown:

Currently testing version 1.1.8 compared to the current 1.0.3. Every 0.0.1 is a bug-fix. Also limiting most of my testing to using the FL11 demo - wich is slightly annoying, but FL11 seems to be the most "unusual"(coding wise) DAW there is, so I'll stick to using it for testing... That drop-out bug might be related to a bug in te current switching/de-click system, wich is already fixed :pray: . If the new version gets the thumbs up from Halma, it should be up in the next 3-4 days.

Ichad.c wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:i.c?
Intensive Care? :clown:

Currently testing version 1.1.8 compared to the current 1.0.3. Every 0.0.1 is a bug-fix. Also limiting most of my testing to using the FL11 demo - wich is slightly annoying, but FL11 seems to be the most "unusual"(coding wise) DAW there is, so I'll stick to using it for testing... That drop-out bug might be related to a bug in te current switching/de-click system, wich is already fixed :pray: . If the new version gets the thumbs up from Halma, it should be up in the next 3-4 days.
Excellent news! :tu:
[Insert Signature Here]

Compyfox wrote:If there is a Mac Port, I know a couple of people who'd definitely jump on this.
Yeah, I'm always keeping an eye out for a good $ deal on a Mac. Though, the fact that our exchanged rates fell nearly 20% against the US dollar in past months, is not increasing my chances... To put this into perspective - the average monthly pay for a city-dweller is $280 - $400 USD here. Macs are only used by the rich and privileged here.
Compyfox wrote: Pity that you didn't get a port done in time. Which would have raised your chance on a top spot even more.
I'll take that as a compliment. :)

Just wanna let you guys know that I collect all suggestions about gui improvement and that I am going to discuss them with Andrew when DC is finished.

Some of the suggestions were already on my list but due design change one week before deadline and underestimating the whole project I have not implemented them.
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

??? Your guitar gadgets ain't that bad looking either, it's in my personal top three this DC!
Thanks a lot, but I'm really a beginner in that, I drew the pedals with a graphic tablet I got two months ago :lol:
Just wanna let you guys know that I collect all suggestions about gui improvement and that I am going to discuss them with Andrew when DC is finished.

Some of the suggestions were already on my list but due design change one week before deadline and underestimating the whole project I have not implemented them.
I'm looking forward to seeing it, and I have voted for Epicentre yet :wink:

Wolfen666 wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing it, and I have voted for Epicentre yet :wink:
I only vote outside of my own category. Last DC with HYDi - I only voted for effects and soundware. This year I'll vote for synths and soundware. It's the only way I can ensure that my voting is truly unbiased.

Any FL11 user here brave enough to test my new version before I make it official?

*Edited*
Last edited by Ichad.c on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Okay - here we go -> EpiCentre Version 1.2.1. Hopefully it's more stable now.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/epicentre-by-td

Special thanks for testing & feedback goes to:
Halma, bailees7irish, Wolfen666, fese, Xenobioz, lachrimae, Compyfox & Kontrast13!

Assuming nothing bombs out with this version - some presets will follow soon 8)

Well, I just stress tested it with a param. modulation LFO on each knob and it didn't blow up so nice work! :)

http://i.imgur.com/1TxjNTz.gif

Tested on Reaper 4.72 x64 Win7x64

Looking forward to seeing some presets... :tu:

lachrimae wrote:Well, I just stress tested it with a param. modulation LFO on each knob and it didn't blow up so nice work! :)
http://i.imgur.com/1TxjNTz.gif
Nice test, If it nothing bad happens during that then it probably never will.
Ichad.c wrote:Okay - here we go -> EpiCentre Version 1.2.1. Hopefully it's more stable now.
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/epicentre-by-td

Special thanks for testing & feedback goes to:
Halma, bailees7irish, Wolfen666, fese, Xenobioz, lachrimae, Compyfox & Kontrast13!

Assuming nothing bombs out with this version - some presets will follow soon 8)

Thanks for the update works great here. Now waiting till DC is over to get the labels too and looking forward for some presets :tu:

Put it before a synth today and messed around for awhile with no issues at all. Nice work. Tomorrow my guitar will likely feel the fury of this thing ;)

Since DC14 is close to the end. I have a certain dilemma -> there will be a slightly different version post DC, so my question is -> should I:

1) Just update this current version?
2) Or split it off from here and call it EpiCentre V1.5 or something?

Since Epicentre is highly level dependent - even small tweaks might change the tone.

no.1 - pros -> Easier to maintain codebase thus faster updates, should be patch-compatible *in theory*.
no.1 - cons -> Tone might change if already in use in a current project.

no.2 - pros -> Tone will not change if already in use in a current project.
no.2 - cons -> Two seperate kVR listings. Harder to maintain codebase thus slower updates.

The update will take about 3-6 weeks and will include:

GUI: Direct labels on GUI to explain what every knob does.
GUI: Slightly more dynamic meters/lights.
Overall: More consistent gain scaling/staging.
Slurr: Will replace the M/S mix matrix with something more useful.
Blue: Less subtle 'asymmetry' control.
LP12CC: Less subtle 'soft drive' control.
Overall: Slight 'under the hood' adaptations to some effects, some models aren't 100% complete yet, IMHO.
Overall: 2x to 4x more effects - predominantly modulation based.
Manual: Yes, I used the M-word :hihi:

Andrew

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”