135 files missing in Dimension Pro Free Expansion Pack: How to recover them all

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do you use Cakewalk Dimension Pro?

Probably... it you are reading this new thread.

Perhaps that you have even downloaded and installed this superb free expansion pack distributed by Cakewalk themselves for Cakewalk Dimension Pro 1.5: (the links are at the bottom of the page).

Once you have installed this gift that made us Cakewalk you can see these three new trees at the bottom of the browser of Dimension Pro:

Tons and tons of new presets and new samples!

But if your computer uses Windows there is a problem. Some of the samples that should be loaded by these presets... are missing! It totals not less than 135 sample files!!!

If your computer is Windows based, you can try... and yes you'll get an error for each of these 135 entries which are in this sub-tree "Grooves" of the tree "Expansion pack 2".

Whilst using Windows I have managed to get them from the OSX version of the package! Because the OSX version of the package is full, nothing is missing.

With my tool 7-Zip I have managed to totally unpack the OSX version of the package.

Then with my tool Total Commander I have compared the folder with the directory where they are installed on Windows.

Result : 135 files of difference ! In fact... all the content of a full directory !!!

This directory
"C:\Program files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\72 - REX Drum Loops\"
if you use Windows 32-bit edition.

This directory
"C:\Program files (x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\72 - REX Drum Loops\"
if you use Windows 64-bit edition.

We are going to recover the 135 missing files.

Dowload this zip file from my Depositfiles area:
http://dfiles.eu/files/vo508xwj7

And now unzip it.
You get a folder named "72 - REX Drum Loops"

Move this folder "72 - REX Drum Loops"
into the directory
"C:\Program files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\".
or
"C:\Program files (x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\" if your Windows is 64-bit.
  • Note: Launch your Windows Explorer as administrator if Windows doesn't want to let you copy the folder.
In your folder you should now see this:

It doesn't matter whether Dimension Pro is open or close when you make all that.

Now try a new time in your Dimension Pro... Remember, it is this tree:
  • Expansion Pack 2
    • Grooves
      • Drum nBass Breaks
        • etc.
        • etc.
        • etc.
      • Hip Hop Breaks
        • etc.
        • etc.
        • etc.
And you can see that now... IT WORKS !

Have fun!
:party:
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together!
I'm enjoying Dimension Pro. It's nice to have
so much visual context to synth patch editing 8)

This still doesn't work for me unfortunately. Is it anything to do with these files being RX2?

This has happened with most of the (DSF) sound packs I've bought from the Cakewalk store also (however not when purchased directly from DSF for the sound packs).

Each one can be missing from 1 to as many as you have listed.
What I have found is they are there, just not in the right folder (something to do with the Cakewalk installers; as the registry paths point to only one place). But I have corrected each set by simply doing a computer search for the first one that shows missing - which brings up the folder they put it in, doing a select all/copy and then pasting them in the correct folder path. Then opening the synth and clicking F5 if needed (although they mostly show up by themselves). And when I've asked Cakewalk for help, the only solution they have given is to re-download the pack. Which only gives you the same thing as before.

Most of these unpack to one folder and then install where you tell it to or where they seem to think it goes. For whatever reason, where they think it should go can be any one of four different paths.

Thanks that worked although you are assuming that the multisamples are in the default directory. I had moved mine to another drive so put them in there. Just something to be aware of bit thanks for making them available.
Chris

doobopuk wrote:Thanks that worked although you are assuming that the multisamples are in the default directory. I had moved mine to another drive so put them in there. Just something to be aware of bit thanks for making them available.
Chris
Hello !

Yes, I wrote this little tuto assuming the multisamples are installed in the default directory. Myself, as you, I have mine in another directory (on my machine, except the OS everything is on a slave disk), and I just was quite sure that if they are in another (a personal) directory as mine (and yours) it meant therefore that it was simple for this user to adapt the tuto to his convenience.
:D
Last edited by BlackWinny on Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Thank You!!!

Thanks. Glad this got bumped.
Play it by ear

Return to “Soundware”