Fabfilter Pro-Q 2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

BDeep wrote: Apparently, it should be 50% off. But I can only go by what Fabfilter has communicated, as I have more plugins as well.
I asked them now. This is too confusing.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

GFunk wrote:Who's tried that natural phase mode yet?....... Damn it's good!!!
I think Equilibrium still edges it, but that's in FIR mode with a long impulse, which consumes a fair amount more CPU and adds considerable latency.

Nice upgrade but I'll pass for now. I bought almost everything from them in the recent sale.

Just replaced all my Pro-Q instances with Pro-Q2 in a project and used it for an hour so some initial thoughts: with natural phase on and it does appear to sound much better, of course there may be a placebo effect going on! I really like the tilt EQ in mid side mode to slightly lower side below a set frequency and raise above - makes that process much easier. Piano view may be useful although a shame you cannot see frequency and the piano view at the same time as I don't remember all the note frequencies. The UI is very intuitive as usual for FabFilter. The resize is good but the text does not resize which is a shame as my 4K monitor could really do with it. The auto gain is very useful to avoid louder is better thinking. Minor good thing is that the analyser is on by default. Overall very happy with it so far.

Keith99 wrote:Piano view may be useful although a shame you cannot see frequency and the piano view at the same time as I don't remember all the note frequencies.

Are you shure about this?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:it's clearly quite an upgrade, but it's nowhere near a new product. if i owned it, i would find it hard to justify even at the lowest loyalty bracket, never mind what it works out for others
Actually, I was in touch with DMG Audio about this, and what they might do in terms of "stepping up". The answer was plain and simple "we can already do all that and more with EQuilibrium".

I neither have Pro-Q or EQuilibrium.
But I used both of these tools several times at client rigs.

However, as much as I like the concept and simplicity, as much as I love using this EQ at a clients rig, I think personally I'd actually jump on EQuilibrium instead.

I can't comment on the upgrade price. For some it is a big step (parallel channel analysis, auto gain, "spectrogram grabber", overhauled filter mode, piano view), for others it's nothing groundbreaking.

Then again, I understand the route they're going - Pro Q was released in 2009, the last maintenance update was (according to KVR) in 2013. Looks like a normal "we need further income" procedure to me.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Actually, I was in touch with DMG Audio about this, and what they might do in terms of "stepping up". The answer was plain and simple "we can already do all that and more with EQuilibrium".
LOL... sounds to me as they were afraid. Although they don't have to be. DMG has a great EQ with great features as well, but it does definitely not feature all what Pro-Q 2 does. But DMG has other features, which FF doesn't have.
Last edited by stardustmedia on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

It doesn't have the spectrum grab feature for instance ... Maybe in the future though, would be awesome (I own equilibrium)
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

So, the upgrade price is exactly what I thought it would be, then also depending on how many things you purchase in addition, which is actually fine with me. It seems that it's well worth it, especially if the cpu usage is that much better. I don't usually use that many instances at the same time, but it's nice to know that I can if I need to. Also freeing up power for other things. Will have to give this some more thought and check the promotional timeframe (if any).
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

xtrax wrote:
Keith99 wrote:Piano view may be useful although a shame you cannot see frequency and the piano view at the same time as I don't remember all the note frequencies.

Are you shure about this?

aha thanks!

Sequent wrote:Will have to give this some more thought and check the promotional timeframe (if any).
Take your time, the offer in your account is permanent :)

The upgrade was a no brainer. Full screen, new filter shapes and slopes, natural phase mode, EQ match, runs more efficient, Gain-Q interaction and spectrum grab.

I use Pro-Q all the time. This update makes me work much faster! Excellent.

penguinfromdeep wrote:It doesn't have the spectrum grab feature for instance ... Maybe in the future though, would be awesome (I own equilibrium)
I don't think Equilibrium has the spectrum grab or auto gain features, it still has a few things that pro-q 2 doesn't though.

That's very good news! That means I can wait a bit. Though it does look like a very good upgrade! At the very least something I'll be putting on my list for the next time I'll need it!
BDeep wrote:
Sequent wrote:Will have to give this some more thought and check the promotional timeframe (if any).
Take your time, the offer in your account is permanent :)
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

The upgrade was ridiculously cheap at about $69. FabFilter really kicks a$$ with their customer loyalty discounts, not to mention some of the best interfaces in the software world.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Return to “Effects”