I need your help again...wont do it again please...Master EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BasariStudios wrote:Thanks all,

Vort3x and Neuropath, i demoed the Equilibrium, it kinda blew me away, this thing is awesome,
complex and good sounding. The price is a little high which i can cope with if i wait a little longer.
Now my question is, it has all this models in it but also i am very good at mixing and i have all
these other EQs which will color enough, i would not really need anything surgical. Considering
that, would i really need this or would 432 do good enough? It will be used only on clean mixes
from scratch and nothing for restoration or something like that when you need to do surgery.

AC222, i agree with you on the 432, i already wrote about Equilibrium and surgical needs above.
I also demoed the AOM and i also like that a lot, lol, its a confusion...it is not very expensive, in
around the same ballpark like the 432 except the Credit purchase. Brainworx i never tried and should i?
It will probably add more to the confusion. I used the Nebula Free and i like it, the only reason i don't
like it is the fact of using one band per instance. I was also considering buying Nebula 3 at one
time but i already have lots of plugins. The AOM EQ also when boosting adds a lot of Volume
which is not the case with 432 or even Slick EQ.

Halma, yes, i use it for quite a while and it actually beats some of the plugins i paid for or got NFR.
Its really an awesome EQ. I will probably end up going to GE no matter what, its cheap anyways.

Lacandon, i am considering a small Bundle from sKnote anyways which will include Roundtone,
StripBus, few Compressors and few EQs too.

I am still leaning towards Master EQ432, considering the price/sound ratio and also the ease
of use but i did not make up my mind yet.

Is there a way i can avoid all this and just use what i already have? Something like Melda?
The API 550, 112db which is incredible and pretty surgical but colorful, even PSP and SonEQ Pro.

Thanks
I don't think you'll find anything special from the BX Digital V2 that you won't get from Equillibrium or Tranquilizer unless you are big into mid/side processing. But it's a nice eq nonetheless.

Regarding Nebula, I can understand your hesistance as it isn't always the most convenient option but you should really look into the cdsoundmaster acqua vst plugins. To be clear, they use Nebula technology but these are standalone vsts plugins with their very own GUI. It is NOT the same as using the Nebula sampler itself as they have their own GUI with fully-functioning controls. The drawbacks are higher cpu-usage, higher latency (can be adjusted but will increase the cpu), and you will need multiple instances for more than one band.

Cdsoundmaster offers a very limited free version of NiceEq (Millennia NSEQ-2 Mastering EQ) and n-ten-at-4 (Neve 1084). The Nice Eq free version is the tube version but I like the more transparent solid state version is much better. The full version comes with both. But you can hear the harmonics and depth that they add that other plugins just don't.

These aren't for surgical tools but for color, you can't go wrong as the NiceEq is only $60 (great for boosts or just adding depth by pushing the input a little bit) and the Neve 1084 (uses the same Neve 1272 mic amp module as the 1073 for a very similar tone to the 1073 unlike the 1081, which is different). Frankly, I think the cdsoundmaster 1084 will get you closer to a real 1073 than the actual IK model if you actually hear the depth, tone that shines through with the accurate sampling. It just sounds smoother and blends with the signal better than plugins, which tend to sound like a layer pasted on top.

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/NICE-EQ-ACQUA.html
http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-softw ... n-win.html

Cheers,

AC

BasariStudios wrote:I am still leaning towards Master EQ432, considering the price/sound ratio and also the ease of use but i did not make up my mind yet.

Is there a way i can avoid all this and just use what i already have? Something like Melda?
The API 550, 112db which is incredible and pretty surgical but colorful, even PSP and SonEQ Pro.
I think you have plenty of EQ plugins for mixing and mastering already. The Meldas are great for surgical tasks, and others like SonEQ Pro can add character and general shaping when needed.

Regarding hardware emulations, the IK 432 is an excellent plugin for sure, but for the ultimate in EQ sound quality, Nebula still reigns supreme in my book. We're seeing more VST plugins based on Nebula technology now: http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=312

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to demo these, but I can tell you that the Nebula library related to the Silk EQ sounds pretty great. The others are getting good reviews as well. Could be worth the plunge, if you're feeling adventurous. :wink:

Good luck!

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

BasariStudios wrote:Now my question is, it has all this models in it but also i am very good at mixing and i have all
these other EQs which will color enough, i would not really need anything surgical. Considering
that, would i really need this or would 432 do good enough? It will be used only on clean mixes
from scratch and nothing for restoration or something like that when you need to do surgery.
I certainly think that you should get whatever makes you smile the most. Equilibrium did for me what you wrote about in your original post- I got rid of a bunch of other plugins which became redundant.

As for the surgical thing, I have found that I don't need something until I need it, and then I am grateful that it is right there and available.

I am going to wait for Slate VMR for a colored EQ, although I will probably get the GE of Slick EQ because I want to support Vladislav & co.

Melda EQs are more than sufficient for mastering. Though I do recommend SlickEQ GE for fun.

Thanks again guys, i guess that would be it...not buying any EQ for now and
waiting for VMR, not need but lust. Might consider Nebula in the future just
for the hell of it but i have too many EQs and Compressors for now.
In any case i might throw in the 432 also just for the hell of it.

Thanks
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

IK Multimedia credits are 50% off. So you can buy it for a half price until Sept. 30.

I will buy IK Buss Comp for a 37 Euro with jam points that left on my account.
This is steel.
Don't wait for 432 it's really good.

You are right and i also have 20 JamPoints, 20$ bucks plus off on the credits
which will be a steal for any of their plugins.

And i just bought 500 Credits...now this opens another can of warms...fluck!!! Such as:
What is the best Reverb they have?
What is the best Delay they have?
What is the best Channel they have?
What about precision Compressor/Limiter?
Maybe the SSL Compressor?
Now i have credits to get 432, EQ73 and prolly 1 or 2 more.

What was wrong with the Slate VBC? I see great reviews for that everywhere and was considering getting it myself. But on the flip side, I also see it for second hand sale quite a bit.

BasariStudios wrote:And i just bought 500 Credits...now this opens another can of warms...fluck!!! Such as:
What is the best Reverb they have?
What is the best Delay they have?
What is the best Channel they have?
What about precision Compressor/Limiter?
Maybe the SSL Compressor?
Now i have credits to get 432, EQ73 and prolly 1 or 2 more.
You really should have done some research before buying so many credits.

1. IK does only has a Tape Echo, as opposed to a traditional delay.
2. They only have 1 reverb bundle. If you can buy the Plate seperately, that would be the one to get. Pair that with something like Valhalla Room, and you are pretty well covered.
3. EQ 73, EQ 432, Precision Comp / Limiter, Buss Comp, White Channel and British Channel, are all worth getting.
* If I had to sacrifice one of these (and im glad I don't), I would substitute EQ73 for SlickEQ GE, only because it is more versatile as a color box. You really don't need either with EQ81, SonnEQ Pro, and the 112db EQ.

4. To be honest, the API 550b makes a fine Buss / Master EQ.

You don't seem to have a grip on what you are really looking for.
Last edited by jrides on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just purchased Buss Comp, and killer bass amp Ampeg SVT4Pro, and cabinet SVT810E all for 150 credits, and still left 5 Euro Jam points.
30Euro for all on the end. What a day...

Here is a shootout of the buss compressors, so you can hear that Buss Comp sounds just like hardware.
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/10371628-post29.html

jrides has pretty much summed up the best of what IK has to offer right now, but you may want to save some of those credits for upcoming products. There will likely be something new in the near future that may be worth waiting for. I don't think you need to blow your credit stash on more EQs right now. You seem to be well covered for compressors, too.

Reverbs? The CSR line is OK, but if I were you I'd wait to try the new Valhalla upgrade. I do like IK's Tape Echo, though.

Just my opinion ... which I know is no match for a severe case of GAS. :D

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

Thanks guys. It seems that i might just save my credits for now. I really really like the 432
and today i demoed the CSR Plate and i fell in love, i think its worth the 75 Credits for it,
thanks jRides. I also like Valhala stuff. I was thinking of getting it, i was never satisfied
with Reverbs, with Delays i can do ok, thanks Eddie. So i guess i am down to prolly
getting the 423 and CSR Plate and save the other Credits and wait for Valhalla.

Thanks

From the uninstalled Tone Boosters stuff, take another look at Module. It's a really nice delay/modulation multi-effect that can also get weird.

For EQs, what do you think of the PSP NobleQ/ex or is that niche covered by the Sonimus SonEQ Pro?

Thanks MarlboroMan, i will take another try at the TB Module. As far as EQs
i will be biased since i always loved PSP but i own SonEQ Pro, i think the
SonEQ Pro has more coloration to it, one of the reasons i love it even more.

Return to “Effects”