BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

graywolf2004 wrote: Was it 32 ot 64 bit version of BlueARP? (the same question about Reaper).
Do these crashes happen only with multi-instance usage?
Sorry about the delay. Things have been busy around here and I haven't had time to respond.
I was using 32 bit versions of both. Even though I'm running 64 bit OS, I find REAPER 32 bit and most of the 32 bit versions of plugins to be pretty solid here, considerably more so than 64 bit.

I was only using a single instance of BlueARP when the crashes were happening. I have used multiple instances of 1.xx without any issues previously.

I've just downloaded 2.05 and will give that a shot.

graywolf2004 wrote:
ZXOxo67 wrote:Hi,
nice update, but there is stil a bug in the latch funktion.
the arp runs two times through the pattern and then it stops after some steps.
example:
- fl is in pattern mode and playing.
- bluearp is 1/8 beat, restart at key (on beat, the same behaviour)
- after hit a key on the keyboard, the arp start running as it should, two beats
- the third beat, the arp stops at step 5; always

hope this helps you and is reproducable
Couldn't reproduce this in FL Studio, tried both v10 and v11. Only idea I have is that DAW suspends the plugin after some idle time. Can you send me a project file with this error?
Hi im back from hollyday. Seems this is an issue on my pc. i used my new notebook in hollyday, no issue.
I have to look at it, after install new version 11.1.1 of fl. if the issue goes on, i send you a projectfile
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

ZXOxo67 wrote:
graywolf2004 wrote:
ZXOxo67 wrote:Hi,
nice update, but there is stil a bug in the latch funktion.
the arp runs two times through the pattern and then it stops after some steps.
example:
- fl is in pattern mode and playing.
- bluearp is 1/8 beat, restart at key (on beat, the same behaviour)
- after hit a key on the keyboard, the arp start running as it should, two beats
- the third beat, the arp stops at step 5; always

hope this helps you and is reproducable
Couldn't reproduce this in FL Studio, tried both v10 and v11. Only idea I have is that DAW suspends the plugin after some idle time. Can you send me a project file with this error?
Hi im back from hollyday. Seems this is an issue on my pc. i used my new notebook in hollyday, no issue.
I have to look at it, after install new version 11.1.1 of fl. if the issue goes on, i send you a projectfile
Ok, i installed version 11.1.1 4b. No problems on my notebook. Its a issue on my pc, have to reinstall fl.
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

Slaapstadseun wrote:Does Reaper (64) remember which patch you had in BlueArp when you load a project?
Mine doesn't, I have to manually select the BlueArp patch when I open a project.
Using BlueArp 2.05.
Thanks
Yes, it has to remember selected patch. I tried with REAPER x86 4.72 and yes - I have the same error. Will try to fix it.
...FIXED in v2.06
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phreaque wrote:Privet Oleg,

Thanks for your newest update it really nice to have per step gate..
Now there's still a backward compatibility error with presets I made with v1.5 (.fst presets). Do I need to do something to solve this?

Bolshoe spacibo :)
I thought I made them compatible. At least I spent several hours on this. But I checked only presets saved by BlueARP itself or presets embedded into the project. Didn't check how fst's work. Can you send me several of them? When you load earlier preset - it there everything messed up or only some params?

graywolf2004 wrote: I thought I made them compatible. At least I spent several hours on this. But I checked only presets saved by BlueARP itself or presets embedded into the project. Didn't check how fst's work. Can you send me several of them? When you load earlier preset - it there everything messed up or only some params?
Hi dear Oleg, don't worry I knew what was wrong, there was messing in the .fst presets and now I re-manage them. I will send you my .fxb bank it could be useful for the BlueARP users :)
Spacibo :)

basslinemaster wrote:Hi GrayWolf, 2.05 64 crashes when I try to load an old song in FL Studio 64, should I send you the project file so you can see what's causing it?
Yes, it will be helpful. Also tell me which VST's do you use there except BlueARP.

2.05 High Pitch Saw wave noise is still there.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Privet Oleg :)

Just wanted to know from you if this can be achieved in future release:
Let's consider I made a bouncing bassline arp in BlueARP (-_-_-_) octave = 0 and octave = -1
And I want to wrap this into certain key range from C3 - C4 so my output note range will not be below (C3 and will not be above C5)
Do you think this is worthy to consider?

Thanks for your time & have a nice day

phreaque wrote:Privet Oleg :)

Just wanted to know from you if this can be achieved in future release:
Let's consider I made a bouncing bassline arp in BlueARP (-_-_-_) octave = 0 and octave = -1
And I want to wrap this into certain key range from C3 - C4 so my output note range will not be below (C3 and will not be above C5)
Do you think this is worthy to consider?

Thanks for your time & have a nice day
If I got you right, it's already there. Check "output range (wrap)" param in "OUTPUT FILTER" block.
And yes, it's worthy. I used this feature on Korg arrangers a lot )

graywolf2004 wrote: If I got you right, it's already there. Check "output range (wrap)" param in "OUTPUT FILTER" block.
And yes, it's worthy. I used this feature on Korg arrangers a lot )
Sure my friend I know about key range & wrap parameter. Although somehow mess up with their concept.
But what I want to do is:

If I have this bassline arp: pressing single note => produces (note oct up, note oct down)
I want to wrap it within this range:

C3 - B3
When I press C3 => I will get this output: C3, C4
Pressing B3 => makes (B3, B4)
Pressing C4!! Will reproduce again (C3, C4)

What currently is happening, when I press a note which is out of RANGE, I will get a single repeated note (no any octave up note produces).

I hope that I made it clear this time. Thanks for your efforts & support

http://youtu.be/Ix7c0nBjVJk
Just to show the deep abilities of BlueARP :love:

Wow, the more I mess with this bad boy, the more I realize how musical it is compared to other arps. This is just amazing when I feed the Cubase Chord Track feature into it too. I've been trying the new Mac VST beta version for about a week now. It's got a few bugs but those will get worked out and I am very grateful. Thanks so much GreyWolf for investing your time into this and offering it to the world!!

So far I'm just seeing miner bugs with some things not being visible until I either mouse over them or click where they are supposed to appear. I installed 2.05 today and that "High Pitch Saw wave noise" is present as soon as I launch an instance of BlueArp in Cubase 7.5 (this may be what electro is referring to above.) For now I just bring the track volume down to zero as a work around but now and then a buzz in just one channel. I believe it was the left channel returns at times and the only way to get rid of it is to relaunch BlueArp. I don't know if that was addressed in 2.05 but I'll let you know.

Quick question.... what is the path to try the other skins on a Mac running Mavericks?

Ok, so the intermittent buzz I mentioned is in the left channel only and it is happening when it's just me, my MacBook Pro, and my hi-end earbuds. (no sound card) I guess it's a conflict between BlueArp and mac OS. Everything is fine until I unplug the earbuds to show someone what I'm working on. Then the left channel buzz is present weather I use the laptop speakers or try and go back to the earbuds but this time I was able to get it to stop by launching another app, my web browser. This is not to be confused with the "High Pitch Saw wave mentioned above, in which I've turned the BlueArp track volume down on my DAW as a work around. This one is only in the left speaker while OS built in audio is being used.

phreaque wrote:http://youtu.be/Ix7c0nBjVJk
Just to show the deep abilities of BlueARP :love:
Thanks for sharing. As I see you use force to scale there. How did it work for you?
Also just mentioned that you have "follow chord" option switched off, and I didn't reflect this option in the manual. Fixed. Added this to the manual:

follow chord Take root key / scale from detected chord
values: On / Off
Overrides root key / scale setting, forcing arp to take root key and scale from detected chord. Say you have set root key = E, scale = Major, follow chord = On. You hold Am chord (keys A, C, E). In this case BlueARP will force output notes to scale minor, root key = A.

Return to “Instruments”