Terratec Producer Komplexer in Jan 2014

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

arakula wrote: I have it running on 2 Windows 7 64bit machines, so the problem described above seems to be one of the Antivirus software used.
Without applying the registry fix? Because that's actually what makes my Antivirus freak out. It then prompts me to type in my Windows key again...

With, of course. Copied from the 64bit part, IIRC. Avira Antivirus Suite doesn't mind.
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

I know that I bought that synth at least 10 years ago and it surely wasn't as cheap as it is now. It still works fine for me and it manages to find its way into a few tracks now and then - more then. :)

Delfinoverde wrote:http://www.ks-music.at/info/impressum.html

They're based in Austria, the site looks reliable.
For anyone who bought it from KS Music, is it shipping boxed or is it a download license?

Iv'e just tried this synth, and I have to say, it's incredible in every aspect - sounds amazing, and the GUI is so easy to understand and logically laid out.
IMHO it still stands in today standards, and with a fresh GUI Terratec could easily bring it out as a new product in 2014.

Still use it on Windows XP (bought for 70 euros on ebay 4 ears ago)
It is first attention for me when developer drops support and authorization!
Now I'm really scare that some developer in the future may make the same as Terratec :cry:

I must still use it on Windows XP, but hardware developers won't develop drivers for XP!
And I don't want modify registry entries!
Pay for software and then throw it to a garbage! Thanks Terratec!
Last edited by krandr on Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krandr wrote:...when developer drops support and authorization
So if I buy it now at KS Music, I will not be able to authorize\register it?

ferez21 wrote:
krandr wrote:...when developer drops support and authorization
So if I buy it now at KS Music, I will not be able to authorize\register it?
It's not a case of the company dropping authorisation, it's not CR but a CD based check. The problem is changing OSes mean that on Windows where the authorisation should be written to is now protected. But there are solutions for post XP Windows involving manually adding something to the registry. I managed to install it on a Win 7 64bit system but have since sold it. Check this thread

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 36#3650136

aMUSEd wrote: But there are solutions for post XP Windows involving manually adding something to the registry. I managed to install it on a Win 7 64bit system but have since sold it. Check this thread

As I said before:
krandr wrote:
And I don't want modify registry entries!!
It can cause problems for other software.
For example some people noticed that antivirus software is not working after this fix

krandr wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: But there are solutions for post XP Windows involving manually adding something to the registry. I managed to install it on a Win 7 64bit system but have since sold it. Check this thread

As I said before:
krandr wrote:
And I don't want modify registry entries!!
It can cause problems for other software.
For example some people noticed that antivirus software is not working after this fix
Since the authorisation, if it was working correctly, would be doing the same thing anyway I don't see the problem. If an antivirus programme is affected then maybe that is a bug with that but I don't see why it should be unless the person made a mistake.

aMUSEd wrote: If an antivirus programme is affected then maybe that is a bug with that but I don't see why it should be unless the person made a mistake.
Antivirus was affected because a system configuration was changed.
It is not a bug.
Last edited by krandr on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

krandr wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: If an antivirus programme is affected then maybe that is a bug with that but I don't see why it should be unless the person made a mistake.
Antivirus was affected because a system configuration was changed.
It is not a bug.
It is if it doesn't let you make necessary changes to your system. As I said you are not doing anything the authorisation wouldn't be doing anyway, just manually because of MS moving stuff and changing permissions. I would get a better antivirus if it was stopping you authorising software.

krandr wrote:I must still use it on Windows XP, but hardware developers won't develop drivers for XP!
And I don't want modify registry entries!
Pay for software than throw it to a garbage! Thanks Terratec!

Er... As I said on page 1, the software is discontinued.

Heck even Terratec, or the Terratec Producer branch (which then turned into Musonik), is bankrupt now (announced that 2012). I also just checked their pace, which was hacked by some Indonesian "defacer". So no further chance to get any support either way unless the people that bought up the rights will take care of that.

I warned you people about this.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

i have to admit....I have been using a "borrowed" version of Komplexer last night in order to demo the plugin before I buy, and I haven't stumbled any issues with installation or in use. Would you see it to be legitimate to buy the software but keep on using the "borrowed" version?

ferez21 wrote:i have to admit....I have been using a "borrowed" version of Komplexer last night in order to demo the plugin before I buy, and I haven't stumbled any issues with installation or in use. Would you see it to be legitimate to buy the software but keep on using the "borrowed" version?
Because demo version can be installed without original CD check :wink:

krandr wrote:
ferez21 wrote:i have to admit....I have been using a "borrowed" version of Komplexer last night in order to demo the plugin before I buy, and I haven't stumbled any issues with installation or in use. Would you see it to be legitimate to buy the software but keep on using the "borrowed" version?
Because demo version can be installed without original CD check :wink:
It's not exactly a "demo" if you know what I mean :clown:

Return to “Instruments”