Ik's 1176 is killer - also some great T Racks stuff hey?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"I haven't tried it yet.. it's blue..looks like the UAD neve one.. is it based on a neve bus comp or anything? Anyway will try it tonight FOR SURE:) I think that's the only one i missed demoing. "

Neve 33609
Play it by ear

well there you go! Cheers

Love the 33609. Better than the UA version IMO. Also love the Neve EQ, but did prefer the UAD Mark 2. The latter seems to boost more and sound airier if that makes sense. The transformer model on both sounds similar to me, and it's a great sound. Part EQ, part console sim. However IK wins in terms of cost and convenience.

Prefer the UAD 1176 and LA2A, but I actually reach for the IK versions first just due to the lower latency and convenience. Sometimes I may swap them out in a final mix, but not always. I actually think the distortion on the newer Black76 sounds a bit spikey compared to the UA versions, and I hate the +10db of gain it adds, but thats me being picky.

The one I used to like but don't use much now is the Fairchild. It distorts transients in a bad way on pianos, and that's where I'd probably use a Mu style comp most. The Slate FG-Mu though is a thing of beauty. The new UAD versions are great too, at least the 660, which I liked a LOT. The new UA 670 just didn't sound as good for some odd reason.

Jumped on the IK bandwagon last night...been looking into non-transparent compressors - a good 1176-type compressor in particular, and really like the Black76. So I picked up the Classic Compressors as well as the British Studio Series. With the discount on credits, was able to get both for a bit more than $100, (bought 500 credits for $150) with 100 credits left over to go towards the 432 EQ. Really great quality at this price.

Well done IK!

TheoM wrote: I think that's the only one i missed demoing.

Sknote Bus?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Eddie TX wrote: if you know how to work the IK shopping experience to get the best prices.
Care to explain how? I keep hearing good things about the plugs, but I haven't got the patience to try to decipher their sales strategy...

wait for discounts. now is a good time to buy gear credits - the next time they'll be on sale will probably be around new year. wait for sales - easter, black friday, summer, winter... don't ever buy anything at full price - neither credits, nor software. i think gear is sometimes discounted too (i.e. with gear credits).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

It's the gear credits I don't understand: prices are only in Euros on their website. How much is a great credit worth? Do I have to install that custom shop thing to use them?

IIRs wrote:It's the gear credits I don't understand: prices are only in Euros on their website. How much is a great credit worth? Do I have to install that custom shop thing to use them?
well, that is a common problem that people have with gear credits. it doesn't quite correspond to real money. you can think of it as a volume discount. the more credits you buy, the cheaper each credit gets. you can see it here. therefore, if you buy gear credits in bulk, you'll get much better prices than if you were to buy the items with real money. the prices IK gives on their website are the "worst case" prices, i.e. they roughly equate to the price you get by buying credits at most expensive prices. buying the most expensive credit pack will give you an equivalent of 75% discount from "regular" prices.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

jens wrote:

Sknote Bus?
Sknote have a great two 1176 emulation, not only to bus.. But great also for individual track.. :tu:

Aditya.inHim wrote:
jens wrote:

Sknote Bus?
Sknote have a great two 1176 emulation, not only to bus.. But great also for individual track.. :tu:
I do say the Sta Limiter in this as well its an a beast!

Here is one loop with the Uad La 2 and one hardware box very decent soft comp its the Uad La 2 is my fav it reacts exactly like hw..https://www.sendspace.com/file/iy5ons

Thanks Burillo. So gear credits only work in the custom shop then? If I were to purchase items via the custom shop on my laptop, could I then use those plugs in my studio DAW without the whole custom shop thing (which I find a bit of a turn off)?

IIRs wrote:Thanks Burillo. So gear credits only work in the custom shop then? If I were to purchase items via the custom shop on my laptop, could I then use those plugs in my studio DAW without the whole custom shop thing (which I find a bit of a turn off)?
um, yes and no.

no, because you'd still need custom shop installed no matter what (and you also need custom shop to use gear credits to buy the plugins).

yes, because all T-Racks plugins (whether bought or not) are installed with the T-Racks shell *and* with individual plugin versions. you will be able to use those plugs as "separate plugins".

in other words, you don't need custom shop *running* to use the plugins, but you will have to have it *installed*. you only need custom shop running when you want to demo (or buy) stuff from custom shop.

and yes, gear credits only work in Custom Shop (however, you can use credits to buy Amplitube gear and T-Racks gear - they aren't separate credits).

How to easily use Custom Shop and Gear Credits in three steps is explained on this page, FYI (under "How it works"): http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trcs/

jens wrote:

Sknote Bus?

since when do sknote have demos?

not that that is of any relevance here, please go read what i wrote again. I mean it is the only one of the t racks processors i don't own that I didn't demo. I thought it was pretty clear.

Return to “Effects”