Will DAW development eventually end?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And also affect the user culture in some way?

Why would it? As long as people are buying other people are making.

It's kinda like asking... "Will spreadsheet development eventually end?"

Everything will end eventually.

The sun will explode, after consuming a good portion of the solar system for it's final lightshow.

The electrons will stop spinning.

The universe will go cold, dark and dead.

But FLStudio better keep shoving out free updates even then, damnit! Or I'll badmouth them on the net. Or something.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

By that definition I don't think any of us will need to worry about DAW development ending any time soon. :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

New DAWs actually have usable features unlike the Microsoft Suite. I finally got my 2010 to install under Win8. Damn thing blocks the 2010 version because there's a "newer" version available :/

Q: Will DAW development eventually end?

A: Not until we have access to some kind of Star Trek holodeck technlogy, where you can go in and ask the computer to recreate any kind of instrument, any kind of gear, any kind of recording environment

arkmabat wrote:New DAWs actually have usable features unlike the Microsoft Suite. I finally got my 2010 to install under Win8. Damn thing blocks the 2010 version because there's a "newer" version available :/
You mean Office? I am using Word XP in W7 :hihi:

Numanoid wrote:Q: Will DAW development eventually end?

A: Not until we have access to some kind of Star Trek holodeck technlogy, where you can go in and ask the computer to recreate any kind of instrument, any kind of gear, any kind of recording environment
That would be cool for also pushing the bounds of sounds from what's possible to what's imaginable, as well as recreating things that already exist.

I would eat babies to get a holodeck. I'd sell my soul at the crossroads. I'd snog the Queen while feeling up Philip for it. I'd chop off....you get the picture.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

I don't think DAW development as such will end, but I have not seen anything really new, either. All they ever do is improve what is already there and change the GUI.
Yet, there are still bugs and other issues in every DAW :P If one of those DAWs were bug-free and enough for me, I would get that DAW and never give a damn about whatever they come up with in the future.

DAWs will soon make music alone, so i think it's human development that will eventually end.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:Everything will end eventually.

The sun will explode, after consuming a good portion of the solar system for it's final lightshow.
That won't stop Justin Beiber. He's an alien.

LawrenceF wrote:
As long as it stops Justin BIEber, we can die happy :hihi:

which DAW you speak of?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Novalis wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:
As long as it stops Justin BIEber, we can die happy :hihi:

:hihi: Eye befo' e sept' afta' cee. Message recEIved. :lol:

If Chuck Norris ever turns deaf I guess it will :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”