DDMF is going to release THE STRIP

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TheStrip

itneveris wrote:While there was in fact an update, the plugin is just as unusable as it was a week ago. Maybe if we're lucky next week this will work
Care to elaborate? I bought it yesterday and though I haven't used it in a full mix yet, it sounds fine to me.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Gr meter is screwed up, phase issues with random parameters, there's a thread on gearslutz about it

itneveris wrote:Gr meter is screwed up, phase issues with random parameters, there's a thread on gearslutz about it
Well, I have no issues with the GR meter here (v1.0.1). I actually like the fact that the needle still moves a tiny bit above 0 dB when the comp is on but not doing any compression.
I haven't tested for possible phase issues but I thought the inverted phase issue for the HP filter had been fixed.
However, I've just realised that when loading presets, the GUI doesn't update in Cubase 5 until I actually close and reopen the GUI. While I'd like this to be fixed, it's a bit of a non-issue for me as I never use presets for EQs and comps.

Karten wrote:
itneveris wrote:Gr meter is screwed up, phase issues with random parameters, there's a thread on gearslutz about it
Well, I have no issues with the GR meter here (v1.0.1). I actually like the fact that the needle still moves a tiny bit above 0 dB when the comp is on but not doing any compression.
I haven't tested for possible phase issues but I thought the inverted phase issue for the HP filter had been fixed.
However, I've just realised that when loading presets, the GUI doesn't update in Cubase 5 until I actually close and reopen the GUI. While I'd like this to be fixed, it's a bit of a non-issue for me as I never use presets for EQs and comps.
That's not the only issue with the GR meter for me. I wish it was, I wouldnt mind it if it worked, but it doesnt. It acts consistently strange when adjusting things like Release, but doesnt act like you'd think it would.

But the LPF still does something to the phase, and turning on oversampling affects the phase as well.

Believe me, when this thing actually works as intended, it will be awesome. It just doesnt yet.

The Strip was updated to v1.0.2 today and all bugs seems to have been fixed.
And as the developer explained on Gearslutz, the phase issue with oversampling on is due to the zero-latency design and cannot be changed with current design.
docdued wrote:one remark concerning the possible phase issues when oversampling: that's unfortunately the price you have to pay for a zero-latency oversampling filter. There has to be a steep cutoff filter close to the Nyquist frequency, which is causing this. An alternative would be to use an FIR filter, but then with a non-zero latency. For the time being I prefer the current solution...

was makeup gain for compressor added?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:was makeup gain for compressor added?
No. But I'm fine with using the output slider since I always set levels after compression settings.

makes for poor A/B experience. plus, +6dB for a compressor capable of 20dB gain reduction is kinda lame.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:+6dB for a compressor capable of 20dB gain reduction is kinda lame.
You can set the output level to +12dB.

A little bump for a great plugin!

-_-

The full version of The Strip looks to be free with issue 112 (no 4, 2015) of Beat Magazine, which is being published shortly.

Can you give a link for this, or is there a full name for this magazine? I can't read the small font on that image, and it is surprisingly difficult to google. I would like to know if I would be able to get this at the store in the US.

The mag can be ordered from Falkemedia, but is not available there yet:
http://www.falkemedia-shop.de/catalogse ... p=5&q=beat

With international shipping the mag will cost ca €10

Got the mag (I'm a subscriber) and yes, it's on the DVD. :)

Return to “Effects”