Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Sounds sorely tempting!

Will have to demo it after payday tho - in case I like it too much and get impatient impulses...
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Wow, this looks very nice.
A dedicated wavetable synth it´s the only thing that i am missing at the moment.
I will check it out for sure.

In case anyone's interested... Steve will be on Stephen's (SeamlessR's) stream on 20 September. Sure to be a nice Q & A session, so make a note of the date and time or better yet, make a twitch account and join in the chat (with the added bonus of getting a notification email when the stream starts, if you follow Seamless).

20 September at 16:30, EDT

http://www.twitch.tv/seamlessr

Cheers,
George
Eternitysound VST Banks

Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:http://www.twitch.tv/seamlessr/b/569519631

loads of info here !!!!!!
yes, it's on YT too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma_qJVkW ... Ipgd7pLung

Well so far I'm liking what I saw in the video.
:borg:

SO FIRST OFF

My hat goes off to you Mr Duda! This thing is absolutely amazing and is indefinitely on my MUST purchase list. I watched the video that was posted above and I am pretty much in awe at how many sound design features are packed into this thing.

So thing that kind of has me wondering. Why just 2 oscillators and not 3 or 4 + the Sub ? I know more doesn't always mean better results, but considering the modulation system you have implemented it kind of had me curious.

Are you planning on maybe adding a 2nd page for Oscillators C & D in a future update?

I know that seems like a lot to ask for considering it's not even out yet.

Oh also does serum basically have all the same filters as LFOTool?
:borg:

My hat goes off to you Mr Duda! This thing is absolutely amazing and is indefinitely on my MUST purchase list.
Thanks very much! :party:
Why just 2 oscillators and not 3 or 4 + the Sub ?
Well, technically it is 4 oscillators (A,B,Noise,Sub) You could even load single-cycle wavs to the Noise Oscillator if you desired (this isn't really intended operation of course, but does work).

I think it just comes down to personal use preferences. For me, 2 'complex oscillators'+sub+noise is the perfect amount for what I deem a sound. If I'm looking for a layer, I layer with another synth/instance where you get all of the usual host goodies (separate EQ/FX Chains/Send amounts/etc). As for the future, it's not impossible. It's not a "v1.5" feature though, more a "v2" feature.
Oh also does serum basically have all the same filters as LFOTool?
Yes, with some improvements to algorithms in spots, and some new filter types in addition!

Warm Regards,
Steve

bitcrusher wrote:For me, 2 'complex oscillators'+sub+noise is the perfect amount for what I deem a sound. If I'm looking for a layer, I layer with another synth/instance where you get all of the usual host goodies (separate EQ/FX Chains/Send amounts/etc).
:tu:

Looks great - can't wait.

What I took from the vid was that its workflow is very very ergonomic and easy to navigate which is really important.

Steve what are the Mac system specs, will it run on 10.7 ?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Steve what are the Mac system specs, will it run on 10.7 ?
Thank you for the nice words, OSX 10.6 or later is required so you'll be just fine there!
-Steve

Dude. :tu:

goddamn youtube

Completely pumped for this synth :love:

The noise osc is sample-based, right? Does that mean we can import our own noise sources?
Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true

Return to “Instruments”