New T-racks API Eqs !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i hope this one doesn't have the "flaw" of IK's Neve EQ's (regarding the preamp switch boosting gain). i'm not holding my breath though.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:i hope this one doesn't have the "flaw" of IK's Neve EQ's (regarding the preamp switch boosting gain). i'm not holding my breath though.
You are correct in not holding your breath since the small difference in level is due to the fact that different gain stages are added when switching from line to mic to adapt to different incoming signal ranges, and that's how the real hardware unit behaves.

i said it on IK forums, i'll say it again - i don't care how the real unit behaves, because inside a DAW there are no line or mic signals. mic path provides more saturation and drives the EQ a bit harder - great, i'm all for it. but why not compensate for the added gain on the output?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

You can turn the output trim down, you know...

Stop... H-H-Hand reaching for virtual wallet... :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

kj.metissage wrote:You can turn the output trim down, you know...
i know. on IK's Neve though, the controls are stepped. meaning, i can't just dial out the added gain from within the plugin - i have to compensate for that outside of the plugin. but that's not even the point. the point is, i shouldn't have to!

Burillo wrote:
kj.metissage wrote:You can turn the output trim down, you know...
i know. on IK's Neve though, the controls are stepped. meaning, i can't just dial out the added gain from within the plugin - i have to compensate for that outside of the plugin. but that's not even the point. the point is, i shouldn't have to!
Not everyone agrees with you,
I know I for one don't.
I guess an option would be the best compromise?
rsp
sound sculptist

Well I agree, in part at least.

These kind of "stepped control" emulations are very short sighted in my view.

By all means have the stepped controls and hardware limitations if you want, but why not incorporate a switch to enable continuous controls?

If they really nail the sound of the hardware then it would be great to have the facility to add just 1dB instead of 2dB of crack to a snare. Or 1.7 ratio instead of 2 on a compressor. It's just blinkered and non-sensical to lock the controls to set values. Or maybe it's just lazy? Or perhaps IK don't want their plugins to be more flexible as doing more "one trick pony" style plugins keeps customers needing more. Who knows?

Glad to see Dan Worrall also agrees with a lot of us about IK policies. Jampoints, gear credits, the custom shop and bloated installs has kept me from using any IK products since CS came out.

I am intrigued though as I have been waiting for an alternative to the Waves API2500 for a while and if IK come out with one then I will definitely be auditioning and probably buying it.

But hey, two modes so we can get continuous control hey? What do you say Peter, surely IK can see the value that this would add over your competitors emulations? It would also make the plugins more versatile and usable in more contexts.

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

You can boost 1dB plus in and out are not stepped.

Awesome. API 2500 next I hope!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Awesome. API 2500 next I hope!
Interesting so much requests for this so so compressor used the hardware couple of times and i have very mixed feelings bout it…

I wonder if they are worth 149 bucks........? (500 credits, seems to be the best deal at the shop right now)

These new P50 EQs from Ik when used to improve bass synths remind me of Soundtoys Filterfreak only much cleaner more transparent sounding. It's got me experimenting with EQuilibrium and Soundtoys Little Radiator. Put the little one after Equilibrium and you get a really nice gritty sound that changes a lot when altering the band boost like it should do.

T-Racks logo needs changing to a solid vector graphic.
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Oh well i finally know what my spare credits are going on

Return to “Effects”