Eventide Ultrareverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UltraReverb

not bad at all, cpu equalish in logic to lex pcm.

HOWEVER it's kind of too little too late if that makes sense.

For someone without a reverb plugin or only one or two, this is a good "all in one". But when it goes back to full price, Breverb 2 is realy a much better option for a do everything verb.

And if you want a nice compressed verb in one interface, go the waves marry mannoquin when it's on sale, you can add phaser and stuff to the wet as well.

I can cautiously recommend this but not really give it a total thumbs up as it's "JARP".

Strange that people buy it because its "on sale" but actually not worth the coming full price anyway .
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:Strange that people buy it because its "on sale" but actually not worth the coming full price anyway .
whereas their channel strip that was free is probably more worth it, it's a fantastic tool.

Not everybody agrees with you that this plugin is not worth the price, especially the discounted sale price.

It's not a "go-to reverb", it's more of a sound design tool. You can replicate the features somewhat using routing, but to me
getting results quickly is valuable.

And some more good news, an Eventide employee confirmed over at GS that they are working on porting more
plugins from the Anthology bundle to native!
Last edited by asksol on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

JARP = LOL

You had me googling until "just another reverb plug-in" occurred to me.

I'd say that just about everyone that's posted on this makes good points.

As I mentioned, we bought it, and that brings our Eventide native collection to currently complete.

We've got a little over $400 in the six plug-ins.

None of them are go-to for me, but they're Eventide and they all bring something a little quirky to the party.

I'd still say they're kind of weak compared to HX000 hardware, etc. (I have a 3000 and have worked with the others).

That said, there's a place for them here.

Right now I'm thinking $65 on this is better than the fifty bucks we spent for the DC/PM dolla plug-ins bundle (still might get some use out of those too, though).
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

asksol wrote:It's not a "go-to reverb", it's more of sound design tool. You can replicate the features somewhat using routing, but to me
getting results quickly is valuable.
Agreed

valerian_777 wrote:Strange that people buy it because its "on sale" but actually not worth the coming full price anyway .
Huh? What's strange about it? :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:

actually true that's not strange at all, to not think it is worth 200 bucks.

I would rather have black hole to be honest if i was going to have one of their native reverbs.

Also, the stereo room is better on drums.

Demoing this at the minute and quite like it. Getting parts to sit well in the mix with it. I think it sounds great on acoustic drums and really like it on vocals.

TheoM wrote:
jens wrote:
actually true that's not strange at all, to not think it is worth 200 bucks.

I would rather have black hole to be honest if i was going to have one of their native reverbs.

Also, the stereo room is better on drums.
We got Stereo Room a year ago for $67 and Black Hole for $80 in April of this year.

So, similar deals could be had on those (Omnipressor and H3000 Factory, too).

It will be interesting to see what their prices are like in the future.

Honestly, I don't think they're worth what we paid, much less triple that.

I do like them, though.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Video demo for anyone wanting to watch --->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeVi2FikcDw

Kaboom75 wrote:The video demo doesn't sound as good as their Blackhole I've never found a plugin as good as Blackhole for massive reverbs.
Did you try valhalla shimmer? It's cheaper and simpler but does the pitch shift which AFAIR BH doesn't. That said i agree BH is awesome.

Return to “Effects”