Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Sounds great, think we're only scratching the surface with the factory set. Tonally will complement a pure VA like Diva/Vacuum Pro.

Just love the UI and UX :tu:

Congrats steve with the release. I've been playing around with the demo and this is seriously really good. At first i was sceptical when i saw the price, but now i'm 100% sure that it deserve that price tag.

Now where am i going to find the money to buy this one. :D
musisikamar.com

Purchased!

Thanks for sharing Steve!

This is great, really exciting.

Any chance we could have a spin/modulation control on the reverb?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

The presets sound fantastic. Time to dig in and start designing some patches of my own.

The GUI looks fantastic. You can tall a lot of hard work went into Serum to get the look and feel just right. I can't wait to see these GUI refinements make their way back into the rest of the Xfer products.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

The demo for Serum sounds good. I suppose that I was digging it because the demo timed out in what seemed like 5 minutes but really was 20 minutes by the clock. :D

Honestly, for me, the release of this synth right now was totally unexpected; I saw the start of the official thread and figured the release would not be for a while. Congrats.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

I have just played a little with the demo and this is a great synth! 8)
Unfortunately, i cannot buy it now. :x
But i will have to buy it in the next month, otherwise it will get even more complicated after the price raise. :D

Great synth...
Btw. has the envelope a snap function for the grid? I expected something like a modification key (ctrl or shift etc) but it seems not work in this direction :?:

[edit]
Alt + click :dog:

I literally fell asleep waiting for this to drop, lol.

Gonna go play catch up, but the first impressions of everyone seem promising :)

Congrats on the release, Señor Duda :party:

The sound of this synth is very impressive, and the general capabilities are excellent. I've been enjoying the demo on my Mac, but am now trying to decide about purchase, and have a basic question:

How is this version of wavetable (and scanning) different from what happens in, say, Circle, Synthmaster, Spectral, etc? Those others will load two wave forms, and can morph/modulate between them, which is what seems to be happening here as well, but I admit I don't quite understand the distinction between waveTABLE and wave. Can anyone help me see what is unique here?

I just bought Serum after messing with the demo for a second round.

I found that I had to delete the demo Serum_x64.dll file in my 64 bit VST folder to get the full version to install. Otherwise when I opened Cubase 7.5 and added the plugin as a track instrument, I got the demo version again.

FYI I tried toggling the oversampling to 4X and it worked for me without crashing Cubase 7.5.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Steve, great synth.

I did have an issue with the Mac download, though.

Once downloaded, when I clicked the dmg it would not verify due to an "input/output error". I had Ableton (64-bit), iTunes, and my interface (Scarlett 2i2) connected.

When I closed/disconnected all of those, the issue was resolved.

Not sure if you knew about this or not. (Or if I'm just being dumb trying to install a VST with Ableton open).

Testing the demo now after reading about it all day! Thanks!

Tested for 10 minutes. Awesome. Bought it. Awesomesauce.

Is it bad that I chose this particular wavetable to test the import features?

Also, Serum's had me input the registration info about 3 times now. It seems to correlate with changing states (opening a new instance, new project, etc). Permissions issue, perhaps? Where's the reg info stored?
Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true

This looks to be an incredibly well designed and thought out Synth.
Love that fact you've added a feature rich effects section - with modulation.

:clap:

I shall be having this little beauty.
Fight Apathy or don't.

Return to “Instruments”