Synthesizing this strange sound

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone.
It's been a while that i'm trying to synthesize this sound:
https://soundcloud.com/infected-aviad/how

In the beginning I thought it was some kind of a formant, but than I realised it's not. I'm thinking the "secret" here is just a simple envalope syncing something, but I'm not sure what, and still, no results.

Thanks in advance, aviad.

Anyone?

Resonant bandpass / formant filter controller with arpeggiator / sequencer?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Two different synths. One is playing dotted 8th notes, with a resonant highpass or bandpass filter, descending cutoff. The play pattern could be the result of gating, but might be midi; might or might not make a difference in the sound design. The origin timbre is maybe a saw, but the filter makes it difficult to suss out.

The second sounds like the keynote is dictating the cutoff frequency of a bandpass or formant filter. The origin sound is, I'm guessing, a noise osc. Maybe the first synth is noise also.

But the takeaway is that its two lines getting played by two synths.

Worth noting that few musicians get too technical with this kind of stuff, instead relying on something automatic. I can imagine running a synth through a box like Camel Phat or whatever to get something like this.

Return to “Sound Design”