MPowerSynth beta released, available for an introductory price and you can even get it for FREE!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's also about liking the sound... I tried the Melda synth and it sound nice, and can do hell of a lot. But after a try, it's not as nice as some that I already own (but that a subjective opinion).

Marketing is always weird, and I always take it with a pinch of salt. I like U-He's approach, they are just 'quietly confidant'. ;)

But seriously, I do wish you well with this project...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Back on topic...

The formerly unborn MXXX implemented in MPower is truly a kind of its own. It enhances sound design by 'n' and - in addition - saves a lot of time. Plus the uberrich modulation options (known from the MeldaFX) which begin to really shine when available in a synth.

However, I'm not sure if I'll jump on the wagon. There are already too many synths in my household. ;) In this situation one tends to use what is fast to tweak, known inside out or loaded with tons of convincing presets. It's too early to say but me feels MPower is not the most handsome bride on the plugin planet, so to speak. :)

Having your period fluffy_little_something ? :hihi:

Neon Breath wrote:Having your period fluffy_little_something ? :hihi:
Being a man, I would be worried if I were :hihi:

I have to defend MeldaProduction here, in analog world oscillators don't have aliasing,and from the spectrum analyses presented here,MpowerSynth seems to have the cleanest oscillators (compared to synths like synthmaster and Monark) i have seen to present date,i would like to test the synth (also make some patches),but i'm unsure if it will work properly on my FLstudio...thats i risk i will have to take :D
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Please please please can we have a pdf sheet where the filter types are represented graphically?

Gribs wrote:Is anyone else experiencing high CPU load when no notes are on?

I tried setting Osc 1 to a square wave then mapping a simple sine LFO to half skew to make a PWM sound, which seems to work. I can see the wave shape change with the LFO. However with no note running at all the synth is chewing up about 10% of my CPU
Then youre lucky. Because the first thing i checked was the PWM too, (i did practically exactly what you did), but in my case all hell broke loose.

click to view animation

As you can see; as soon as i enable the modulation, the CPU usage goes through the proverbial roof. This is so bad that even the width-animation itself lags and skips like crazy, (this is a 24FPS clip so what you see is exactly what i see in realtime), not to mention of course the horrible audio dropouts as a result of it.

As for when the synth is idling; if its not displaying an animation or producing sound im not getting any CPU usage from it whatsoever. (This machine normally idles at 2%, the usage you see prior to enabling the modulation is from the capturing app (LICECap) already being active in the background.)

All i can say for now...too bad that this makes it practically unusable for me.

Perhaps ill give some later revision another shot.

I had a bad almost-crash when opening a project with MPowerSynth and then loading a new preset. ASIO load in Cubase went to 90% and even the mousepointer graphics was garbled.

I had to reboot to get the mouse pointer back. Then I opened a fresh project, loaded MPowerSynth and loaded the preset, everything fine. So it must have something to do with how the synth's state is stored in the project?

Same here, turing on Macbook Pro I7 the modulation on, you need extrem CPU Power
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Right so I've been messing around with this synth and its pretty interesting. I have a couple of things that are bothering me.

Glide: When creating a monophonic sound that makes use of the glide feature - after gliding from note 'x' to note 'y' the sustain, or volume, of the sound is quieter unless I re-trigger the sound. I've tried all the different options in the global menu and i've checked the ADSR curve. This is really frustrating since it's not allowing me to keep the sounds consistant in volume.

Price: Do you feel with the release of Serum which is very powerful, sounds amazing and reasonbly priced that MPower is priced accordingly? Yes MPower is super powerful, but also IMO it feels a wee bit saturated for options. The interface becomes a bit intense.

Filters': It would be nice if one could see what the actual filter looks like (once we have selected a filter) - unless I'm missing something?

Unison: The unison doesn't seem to be as PHAT as intended. Comparing it Alchemy, Operator, Analog and a few others, the sound is rather thin.

These are my initial impressions.

ENV1 wrote:All i can say for now...too bad that this makes it practically unusable for me.

Thank you for verifying that. I have the exact sentiment. I own licenses for the Creative Bundle and the upgraded version of the free effect bundle and like them very much.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Did anyone figure out how to make the multiparameters and modulators work based on relative values instead of absolute ones?

Also, when I enable a modulator on a parameter, it overwrites my controls for that parameter in my multiparameter settings. For example, assigning an LFO or an envelope to filter frequency disabled direct control of it through a midi controller like the modulation wheel. Perhaps, it is just me but I have failed to figure out a solution for this.

ENV1 wrote:
Gribs wrote:Is anyone else experiencing high CPU load when no notes are on?

I tried setting Osc 1 to a square wave then mapping a simple sine LFO to half skew to make a PWM sound, which seems to work. I can see the wave shape change with the LFO. However with no note running at all the synth is chewing up about 10% of my CPU
Then youre lucky. Because the first thing i checked was the PWM too, (i did practically exactly what you did), but in my case all hell broke loose.

click to view animation

As you can see; as soon as i enable the modulation, the CPU usage goes through the proverbial roof. This is so bad that even the width-animation itself lags and skips like crazy, (this is a 24FPS clip so what you see is exactly what i see in realtime), not to mention of course the horrible audio dropouts as a result of it.

As for when the synth is idling; if its not displaying an animation or producing sound im not getting any CPU usage from it whatsoever. (This machine normally idles at 2%, the usage you see prior to enabling the modulation is from the capturing app (LICECap) already being active in the background.)

All i can say for now...too bad that this makes it practically unusable for me.

I have the same issue. I have a preset using "Halve" for PWM, and in certain conditions when I load the patch my CPU goes wild even though no notes are played. Currently I was able to get a reproducible scenario where this bug hits, but it does not occur with a fresh project. It only occurs when MPowerSynth is already present in an opened project and I try to load the PWM preset.

I've been making patches and I like this synth a lot. It's really powerful, but I it's a little hard to figure things out. Is there anyway to adjust the volume of the OSC. I want to use an ADSR on OSC1, but I can't find the gain for it. Does it exsist? The global ADSR is no good because it effects the noise OSC. Is this possible, or is there a work around?

Is there a global pitch setting anywhere? Filter routing?

Return to “Instruments”