Zebra and ZebraHZ presets

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This may be common knowledge but I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere.

Are Zebra presets ok/supported to use in ZebraHZ, and ZebraHZ presets (that don't use the special HZ modules) ok to use in Zebra?

I realise I could just try this however the fact that it may sometimes work doesn't mean it won't crash and burn later down the line :D

Zebra2 -> ZebraHZ works 100%
ZebraHZ -> Zebra2 Worked the last time I tried it, provided you don't use the HZ-specific modules. I'd be a lot more cautious of this mode though.

Thanks; good news that I can use all the Zebra presets to build on in ZebraHZ

Going the other way I'll have to have a think about my workflow then, as I was thinking of using ZebraHZ for patch development, then copying all my presets back to Zebra if they didn't use the HZ modules.

Paulnz wrote:I was thinking of using ZebraHZ for patch development, then copying all my presets back to Zebra if they didn't use the HZ modules.
That should work, afaik...
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Why bother using the regular Zebra if you have ZebraHZ?

Howard wrote:Why bother using the regular Zebra if you have ZebraHZ?
Because ZebraHZ releases (I am talking beta too) lag in time behind regular Zebra, sometimes significantly.

If U-He split ZebraHZ download in user area from content to make it smaller and updated it in the same time frame as beta versions appear in this forum, that would help a lot.

I do use ZebraHZ only and have uninstalled Zebra. But see above.

Howard wrote:Why bother using the regular Zebra if you have ZebraHZ?
That's exactly what I was thinking, however I wanted to make sure I was going down the right road :)
aboukirev wrote: ...Because ZebraHZ releases (I am talking beta too) lag in time behind regular Zebra, sometimes significantly.
Which raises my other confusion - I downloaded the recent Zebra update via the link in the forum, however I noticed that there wasn't a link for ZebraHZ. I assume that this is because it's a hybrid between a patchset and software install, rather than a complete software package.

I was wondering where the corresponding update was for ZebraHZ (which from your post sounds like it won'r have been released yet) so I went to the website and logged in to look for it. According to the FAQs:
Once you log in to your new account, you will find links to retrieve your serial number(s) via eMail and to download installers for any soundsets you may own, including The Dark Zebra.
I could see the "Send me my serial number" link but no download link, unless the quote above is a bit ambiguous, and you have to request a serial number to get a download link. I was only checking for the download to see if the version number had moved on from the one I got when I bought ZebraHZ.

I'm also unclear as to how the ZebraHZ installation is made up. Is the installation a complete ZebraHZ install (Zebra + the extra modules) or are the extra modules + skins etc simply appended to the standard Zebra install? In which case the new patch release version of Zebra will have also updated most of ZebraHZ, and patches specifically for ZebraHZ would be purely for the HZ modules etc (ie the Zebra core would already be the latest version)
aboukirev wrote: If U-He split ZebraHZ download in user area from content to make it smaller and updated it in the same time frame as beta versions appear in this forum, that would help a lot.
I think this is probably because of the way it is licensed. It would probably be better if they gave it a different serial number, but that's probably difficult due to the way it's bolted on to Zebra (I think)

A recent ZebraHZ (v2.7, Rev 2570) is included in the Dark Zebra .zip file that can be downloaded from your support account.

If there is no download link for The Dark Zebra listed in your account, then it can mean one of three things:

1) You didn't (successfully) purchase it yet :D or
2) You purchased The Dark Zebra too recently or
3) Your license is not connected to your support account

Unlike with immediately reported plugin sales, we only get monthly reports of soundset purchases. So at the beginning of each month, we'll receive an eMail with the past month's sales which we then have to import into our system manually. If you purchased The Dark Zebra within the current month, then it's likely that we just haven't received a notification about your purchase yet, which explains why it's not listed in your account. This doesn't usually create an issue, as a download link for the soundset is sent to you via eMail immediately post payment.

If you bought TDZ a while ago, maybe even years, then it's possible you used another name, eMail address, credit card, etc. to purchase it, and your license is now sitting in our system but couldn't (automatically) be successfully connected to your support account. Just means we have to look for it and connect it manually.

If you contact us (support at u-he dot com) with your name and eMail address, we will work things out. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Thanks Rob. I only bought it 9 days ago so it should be in your monthly report next week :)

#rob wrote:A recent ZebraHZ (v2.7, Rev 2570) is included in the Dark Zebra .zip file that can be downloaded from your support account.
I just purchased the Dark Zebra and got my download link, but the download only contains version 2.6, Rev. 1559. :?:

As noted in this thread, they don't' add soundset purchases to your account until the end of the month. I'm guessing that when it's added to your account, you'll get the most up to date version. It'll probably happen within a couple of days.

Return to “u-he”