Bazille 1.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

Last edited by Slarti on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Still getting my head around this synth. ;)

But the bass, and sound in general, is simply unreal!!

As usual U-he does it again!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I bought it as soon as the beta came out, and I plan to use it just for creating harsh noise, weird fx, ambient soundscapes, drones etc.

For 'standard' leads, basses, pads etc. I have so much other stuff (Diva, Zebra, Ace, Synthmaster), that I even could go without any presets here. As a matter of fact listening to some Bazille presets is rather depressing because there are such amazing sound designers out there (and Bazille has some really big names in its preset folder...) while my own preset efforts are rather lame mostly. But it is fun anyway.

And the price is a steal.

basslinemaster wrote:Well, I tried the demo and turned off HQ mode, still relatively high CPU, and virtually none of the presets impressed me (I only use presets). I then loaded up Sylenth to compare, and the preset packs I have sounded way better and more useful to me than almost everything in Bazille - there are loads of pretty poor presets in there. Hundreds of them, in fact, to my ears. Just my two pence worth, you may love it, but for me there was nothing that stood out. But then, I am a preset only user, I was just expecting more from the presets.
Not that I'm much of a fan of Sylenth (prefer Spire) but the sort of sounds I would look for in a VA synth are not the sort of sounds I'd even consider using Bazille for. Having said that I've not checked the presets yet, with 1700 of them though, i expect there will be many that aren't to my tastes too.

Slarti wrote:But alas u-he has no love for people with older computers. Doesn't care about optimizing. . :(
In two months you will change your mind.

Last edited by Slarti on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Slarti wrote:
Urs wrote:
Slarti wrote:But alas u-he has no love for people with older computers. Doesn't care about optimizing. . :(
In two months you will change your mind.
Don't think so! Your Prices are also too high for me! (Am only on minimal disability pay!!) . :( :shrug:
Hmm, so if we were releasing the most CPU efficient up-there-with-the-best Supersaw synth on the market, you'll still say "u-he don't care for CPU" because it'll be too expensive?

We're really tired about being accused of laziness or lack of optimisation. Because quite frankly, that's not the truth. Two synths are up there with Diva. Both use as much or more CPU per voice.

basslinemaster wrote:Well, I tried the demo and turned off HQ mode, still relatively high CPU, and virtually none of the presets impressed me (I only use presets). I then loaded up Sylenth to compare, and the preset packs I have sounded way better and more useful to me than almost everything in Bazille - there are loads of pretty poor presets in there. Hundreds of them, in fact, to my ears. Just my two pence worth, you may love it, but for me there was nothing that stood out. But then, I am a preset only user, I was just expecting more from the presets.
Well, Bazille is not supposed to be a bread'n'butter synth. Bazille is for people who seek Thru-Zero-FM, weird drones and all the quirky stuff a bread'n'butter synth can not do.

However, a remedy for those disappointed by Bazille is on the way, as seen in this utterly shameless teaser that we're posting way too early:

Slarti wrote:
mhog wrote:Interesting instrument, but too hungry for my core2duo, CPU level never goes under 20-30%.
Same here ...

But alas u-he has no love for people with older computers. Doesn't care about optimizing. . :(

Cycle makes great amazing sounds too and hardly dents CPU! Now that's optimizing! .:)

u-he stuff is Overhyped! .:shrug:
My guess is you know absolutely nothing about writing software. My certainty is that you know absolutely nothing about how u-he has written this particular software. So your comments on not caring about optimization are well, a misplaced and unfair accusation.

I'm going to assume that Cycle, which may make some nice plugins doesn't have anything that requires the computational power of Bazille or Diva, but a lot goes into a soft synth VST and there's a lot of functionality in u-He's CPU hungriest VSTs. Even Cytomic's The Drop - which is just a filter had complaints about CPU issues in the beta period. Making amazing sounds while hardly denting CPU has nothing to do with optimization.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion that u-he stuff is overhyped, but saying so because some of the stuff is CPU-intensive just makes you sound silly. Have you tried some of the cheaper/free u-he stuff?

Fortunately, there are a lot of VST choices out there so we get to pick the ones we like.

And this is all coming from someone that won't be buying Bazille, but someone that's written software for over twenty years.

Wow.
Looking forward to Hive One.

ImNotDedYet wrote:
Slarti wrote:
mhog wrote:Interesting instrument, but too hungry for my core2duo, CPU level never goes under 20-30%.
Same here ...

But alas u-he has no love for people with older computers. Doesn't care about optimizing. . :(

Cycle makes great amazing sounds too and hardly dents CPU! Now that's optimizing! .:)

u-he stuff is Overhyped! .:shrug:
My guess is you know absolutely nothing about writing software. My certainty is that you know absolutely nothing about how u-he has written this particular software. So your comments on not caring about optimization are well, a misplaced and unfair accusation.

I'm going to assume that Cycle, which may make some nice plugins doesn't have anything that requires the computational power of Bazille or Diva, but a lot goes into a soft synth VST and there's a lot of functionality in u-He's CPU hungriest VSTs. Even Cytomic's The Drop - which is just a filter had complaints about CPU issues in the beta period. Making amazing sounds while hardly denting CPU has nothing to do with optimization.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion that u-he stuff is overhyped, but saying so because some of the stuff is CPU-intensive just makes you sound silly. Have you tried some of the cheaper/free u-he stuff?

Fortunately, there are a lot of VST choices out there so we get to pick the ones we like.

And this is all coming from someone that won't be buying Bazille, but someone that's written software for over twenty years.

Thank you for responding to him. I got tired of counting to ten instead of a gut response.

Well said.
Rsp
sound sculptist

Quite honestly I think Bazille is the best soft synth I've heard. Although I understand it won't be up everyone's street. But CPU usage is the cost of sound quality and modularity not laziness. I know U-he put a lot of effort into optimising.

first what surprised me on bazille is the audio rate modulations, these do sound good and better than usual with software/ digital synth ? offcourse it take lot of cpu..i understand people don't really care about how audiorate stuff sound cause they rely on sound that don t really push synth to their limit,(supersaw, unisson stuff ect) or don't care about artifacts but for those who care it's really one of the best digital synth i tried ... if z3 could have this sound quality and could be a mix of bazille and diva module and more it would be amazing !

IMHO the presets are outstanding - but then I'm one of those who think Sylenth is boring.

Slarti wrote:u-he stuff is Overhyped! .:shrug:
I don't see why you complain about it being overpriced, if you also feel it is overhyped, you will not be using it anyhow, and can just move on.

IMO you are completely wrong though. There has to be a reason to why u-he software hardly looses value when sold second-hand, and such second-hand licences sell like hot cakes.

One thing I know after spending time in this forum, is that users value their money :wink:

Return to “Instruments”