Loading presets crashes Sonar X3

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Thankyou for Patchworks, its the best midi host to date and ive been using midi hosts for quite a while.

Basically if I have 7aliens Catanya routed to a synth lets say Massive, I save the preset for fast loading. Ive done a few presets with Catanya routed to different synths.

The problem is when I load a preset up, if I then load up another preset on the same patchworks it crashes? or if it dosent if I save the Sonar project and then exit, it crashes and an error appears. Event viewer states either ''unloaded Massive.dll'' or ''Catanya.dll'' with Sonar?

Ive tried to disable the undo/redo functions in the patchworks menu on all Presets and the default preset but it dosent disable the undo? Basically I can still undo which ever last preset I loaded up? How can one go about completely disabling the undo functions? Im pretty sure the undo is the problem but cant be 100% because it dosent disable?

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

John Bond.

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback. have you tried with just one of these plug-ins? It is possible that only one of them has a compatibility issue with our plug-in. It would help us find out faster :-)

Hello, thanks for the quick reply,

I can confirm that it is indeed catanya which is causing the error. If I load lets say 2 patchworks, each with a preset which contains a catanya routed to massive, that is fine, but if I copy the individual catanya vst from the 1st patchworks and paste over the 2nd patchworks catanya it crashes the whole system resulting in having to restart the computer.

basically if catanya is already loaded into patchworks, and I paste a catanya over the slot it crashes.

Another issue is that I cannot disable the undo/redo functions in patchworks? maybe that is the problem as your website states that any midi generators must have undo/redo unticked in the menu?

Thanks for your time and hope we can resolve this.

Just for the record: the problem has been solved and the fix will be released with PatchWork 1.5

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”