New minisynth coming from AlyJamesLab

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not for me then - x64 only these days.

Andywanders wrote:Not for me then - x64 only these days.
All will be ported to x64 sometime next year: "Native x64 in 2015". This statement is also in the FAQs.

PS. I also have a x64 System and don't like to bridge usually but this stuff is to good to pass over.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

All Alys plugins work fine with a bridge in 64bit hosts
Eg Sonar X3 64bit (using the built in bit bridge)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

V0RT3X wrote:Is it made with synthedit or synthmaker?
It is made with ideas and work.
:wink:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

A very good idea, a one-trick pony with quality and style. It seems to sound veeery good, and probably at just a tiny fraction of the CPU load of other synths out there.
And being so simple, I assume J-Bridge has no problem making it run in 64-bit hosts without problems. Bur really, I don't understand people who will miss out on something like that just because it is not 64-bit.

Does he use standard SE modules or code his own? It sound so much tighter than normal SE synths...

bftucker wrote:
http://www.alyjameslab.com/

I own his vLinn Drum VST, Linndrum LM-1 emulation...love it. Seriously considering his Simmons SDSV, SDS7 emulation.
Vlinn is terrific sounding, So I bought the SDSV too, it is not a drum machine I know alot about, but sure it was used on a few 80's Club/Dance Classics, recognise the Snare mostly, I don't know the original but it sounds good as it is...

If anyone knows some tunes that used it(SDS7) specificely I'm interested to know?

bftucker wrote:Wow (again)!

And love the demos. Can't wait to get more information on this latest AlyJameslab project.

:clap:
Well it has been on hold during the summer (too hot in the lab :)) but I am currently finishing it with a fresh approach.
I have added some more demos (see first post) and will add a lot more soon.

So straight to the point, I have added OSC2 SYNC feature, Vibrato LFO assignable to OSC2 only (instead of both) and the Glide works differently than the portamento (you can have both in mono mode) Glide is more like an "auto glide" it will always start low on each trigger...
There is also 2 points that can overdrive into the circuitry so it distort before & after the filter stages, the nature
of the distortion can transform the sawtooth waveform into a near square wave or even more distorted waveform and everything in between, this adds grit and different harmonics depending on what you are after...as it also affect the output stage this can become really nasty.

One last thing that is interesting is that you can optionally output the 8 voices separately into your DAW before the filter stages, which basically lets you use different filters or anything you can imagine, chords with different treatment for each note...yum

Last thing I am adding is a "cleaner mode" although the main idea is to have crunchy nasty OB, it can be useful sometimes to have a cleaner (cleaner does means perfectly clean ^_^) sound when the filter resonance is high.
Standard features like POLY/UNISON(mono) slight detuning between voices etc...you already know the thing :)
VCAs are tweaked to be very snappy right now, I may add some control over the VCA response on the user side.

I didn't wanted to do another OB emulation, OP-X and OBXD are great and covers pretty much the thing accurately, it is simply my personal take on the Oberheim design without some features but WITH some nastiness and original options.
And I will stop here because it can easily turn into a monster with more and more features added ahahahaah I keep reminding me that it was intended as an "in between product" :dog:

Should be ready next week :)

Hope that helps!

breakmixer wrote:
bftucker wrote:
http://www.alyjameslab.com/

I own his vLinn Drum VST, Linndrum LM-1 emulation...love it. Seriously considering his Simmons SDSV, SDS7 emulation.
Vlinn is terrific sounding, So I bought the SDSV too, it is not a drum machine I know alot about, but sure it was used on a few 80's Club/Dance Classics, recognise the Snare mostly, I don't know the original but it sounds good as it is...

If anyone knows some tunes that used it(SDS7) specificely I'm interested to know?
Too much to remember :) It was also used to beef up some real drum kit or drum machines...
You can start hunting from there http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simmons_%2 ... able_users

News from AJ:

"OB-Xtreme is almost there! ...time for me to make a live video demo and put up the OB-Xtreme webpage.
https://soundcloud.com/alyjameslab/ob-x ... erheim-obx"

It is in beta testing and has gotten a little more elaborate than originally intended apparently.

:)

Git down!
바보

Aly, congratulations with the release of the OB-Extreme synth plugin !

Even though it's not an exact recreation it sound great and fat. 8)
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Return to “Instruments”