MPowerSynth improvements & feature requests

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MPowerSynth

Yeah, set a bunch of the harmonics to a multiparameter and adjust the transfer curves for them on it.

Bug?

When I click learn on a multiparam, then go into an LFO and touch Value and MaxValue of destination parameter 4, nothing is learned. :-(

rtkeeling, I think perhaps you're looking for the Off Topic topic "Your favourite drinkable/eatable object that has been discontinued?" :hihi: Vojtěch, I think you can feel free to delete both this and the post from rtkeeling as it doesn't really belong here... :wink:
EDIT: looong quote removed, sorry about that. :oops:
Last edited by Gone soft on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

CableChannel wrote:Bug?

When I click learn on a multiparam, then go into an LFO and touch Value and MaxValue of destination parameter 4, nothing is learned. :-(
Repeating myself to get through these page long posts of spam :ud:

Wavetables - each wave in a wavetable is nothing else than a set of harmonics, a configuration in the harmonic mode. So basically modulating "one" parameter of the harmonic generator is using one wavetable. But you can modulate more of them, you can even access the separate harmonics. The only limitation is the 256 harmonics, which is sometimes not enough for ultra-sharp stuff, but that can be easily fixed by a little distortion/saturation/clipper.

Learn additional LFO parameter ranges - yeah, well, this usually doesn't work :D, don't ask me about details :D.

rtkelling awesome post - :D yeah, I'll destroy that think, whatever it is :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Learn additional LFO parameter ranges - yeah, well, this usually doesn't work :D, don't ask me about details :D.
Interesting! :D

Did anyone experience memory leak while making 25 presets?
It once occupied 2GB memory of my 32 bit machine, which leads my host crashing.
soundcloud.com/yudaidhun

I would appreciate some kind of "filter" function similar to Reapers "search/filter window" in the mod assignment window. A small empty text field somewhere in the window where all the mod destinations are available. Eg if I search RATIO I type that in and all other stuff like FILTER 1 etc will be grayed out. Or DYR/WET and I will only get all dry wet destinations plus section (eg delay 1 dry/wet") on the left side of the window. This synths is huge and I am working a lot with the mod matrix which means a lot of scrolling.

Cheers
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Halma wrote:I would appreciate some kind of "filter" function similar to Reapers "search/filter window" in the mod assignment window. A small empty text field somewhere in the window where all the mod destinations are available. Eg if I search RATIO I type that in and all other stuff like FILTER 1 etc will be grayed out. Or DYR/WET and I will only get all dry wet destinations plus section (eg delay 1 dry/wet") on the left side of the window. This synths is huge and I am working a lot with the mod matrix which means a lot of scrolling.
Cheers
Sebastian
You know about the learn function, do you? I kept scrolling through the list for days and weeks until Vojtech told me there's the learn function. It's really super quick.

Oh I didn't know the learn function. :o
That's indeed super handy !

When was the documentation last modified? I'd love to be able to know if there's a reason to downloading the latest copy. Enhancements have been coming so fast that I don't expect the documentation to be immediately in sync - that's not my point. But if it has been updated, a heads up would be appreciated.

So is the ability to send multiple modulations/multiparameters to a single destination and have these be summed at the modulation input ever going to be implemented. I know it's tricky because the whole modulation system is based off of a range between two absolute parameter values but it makes doing some things impossible that are pretty standard things to do and some things just crazy more complicated than they need to be (like looking for a redundant control that will approximate your desired result to modulate). I know you are using your existing modulation framework which you have put tons of work into in this thing so it might not be possible, but I was thinking maybe you could add a new module that scales and sums inputs which could then be used as the source for modulation. I made well over the 25 presets but most of those were either drum sounds I needed for my demo songs or just plain in the realm of the weird, and when I went to make some more bread and butter sounds for submission to the factory bank this shortcoming really screwed up,a lot of what I wanted to do.

I understand if it's not possible and the synth is still a monster especially considering that you included almost all your effect plugins to the extremely flexible fx section, but I do think it's worth seeing if you can implement it as its a pretty big drawback to what is otherwise one of the most flexible synths I've ever had the pleasure to use.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Memory leaks - hmmm, I'll check.

Filter for param selection - I'll add it to to-do list, low priority. After all, Learning is preferred.

Updated docs - with the official release ;).

Mod/multiparam for a single parameter - probably not, sorry. I'll think about it again, but right now it seems nearly impossible. There need to be limitations :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Certainly something to consider for a future synth, though. :-)

:D

Return to “MeldaProduction”