Which of these ideas is the least crazy?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm curious what you come up with. I tried a bit of that with my own voice in Kontakt and it sounded terrible. Of more truthfully TrIblE. I couldn't get the words to come out right at all.

DSmolken wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Before I answer, I need to know, what will she be wearing?
Oh, forgot to reply to this... she's into metal, so all I've ever seen her wear is jeans, T-shirts, and black lace-up boots. Nothing interesting, I'm afraid.
Well, in that case, I'm totally into the bagpipes.
Is that a disco ball? That scene is pretty much the same, everywhere you go. Oh, that's a pretty good band name, no, "Death Metal Disco Ball" ? I've talked about forming a death metal band called "Peristaltic Action", but not because I'm really into death metal, I just want to get on stage and bellow into the microphone "Hello Detroit, we're Peristaltic Action and we pump out shit!" dzgh dzgh dzgh dzgh dzgh dzgh dzgh dzgh. It would be sort of a concept band where the lyrics would be all about how life is just like a big gastro-intestinal system that pumps you along, sucking all of the good parts out of you and then, at the end, when there's nothing worthwhile left of you, just when you see the light at the end of the tunnel, you're dropped into an ocean of cold dark stench where the entire process repeats itself. Only this time, nobody actually cares about getting anything from you and, compared to the warm and gentle caress of the gastro intestinal system, you're now rudely ignored and repeatedly beat into submission by the cold hard walls of iron pipes and the seemingly endless pressure of your new watery mistress.

Yeah, definitely the bagpipes.

That sure looks like a disco ball. That was an odd venue. Sports bar in name and concept, bunch of TVs on the walls, but I guess the owner liked rock and would book these kinds of bands on slow weeknights with no important sporting events. The disco ball doesn't seem to go with either.

And bagpipes are a great excuse to have girls in very short plaid skirts in your videos. Scooter understood that very clearly. So, yeah, bagpipes!

DSmolken wrote:That sure looks like a disco ball. That was an odd venue. Sports bar in name and concept, bunch of TVs on the walls, but I guess the owner liked rock and would book these kinds of bands on slow weeknights with no important sporting events. The disco ball doesn't seem to go with either.
Ahhh, the life of a niche band. I don't miss it.
And bagpipes are a great excuse to have girls in very short plaid skirts in your videos. Scooter understood that very clearly. So, yeah, bagpipes!
Oh yes, will up-vote/like upon watch.

I'm certain if there is EDM Saxophone there is already EDM Bagpipes:
http://youtu.be/DNTdDczhYuE?t=35s

The second idea...I don't know if I entirely understand (and I only skimmed the thread so I might have skipped a better explanation)

the third idea...so...heavy metal vocaloid?
http://youtu.be/L_sJg_Pchd0?list=PLAFFB7FD4B3C7209A
If you do number 3 make sure to draw up a cute anime babe that looks under age, has weird hair either in colour, style, or both, and make sure you give it something quirky. Cats are the easiest, but you may be able to reach critical mass in users of your software if you can give the anime babe some sort of weird vegetable. (like Miku's Leek)

That sax sounds like a sax, though. These bagpipes don't sound like bagpipes at all. They sound like a synth, it just uses samples of bagpipes as eight oscillators. It's basically finished, but now we're considering redoing it in Kontakt. We should do a demo for it.

The third idea is sort of a metal vocaloid, though using a sample-based engine. What vegetable has a lot of zinc and iron? Or at least lead?

I'm feeling either the Swiss Chard, Olives, or Wasabi Root.

I'd be incredibly interested if for whatever reason you do decide to do heavy-metal Vocaloid.

The metal vocaloid thing is proving tough - seems we'll need more samples for consonants. Still, other than the consonants it sounds nice - in the worst case a pack of vowels, blahs and ughs will make a nice freebie. Maybe I need to plant some chard next year, I grew some last year but this year's attempt failed.

The bagpipes have somehow become my go-to sound for short high-pitched plucks. Ludwik Zamenhof is working on a Kontakt version that would actually be usable for bagpipe sounds, and I need to clean up the synthy version - right now there's more than 20 SFZ files which are really three different things with something like six or seven different detune methods and there's no real point to that. There are also some built-in Sforzando effects I tried and need to take out before release.

Also working on an improved version of my double bass, for something less crazy and more staple.

We're going to record more samples for the death metal girl library, but in the meantime here's an Oswald Bates quote I assembled by mapping the phonemes to the keyboard in Sforzando and programming them as piano roll notes.

https://soundcloud.com/karoryfersamples ... e-incision

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”