What is missing on Bitwig to enter the market with success?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In my opinion, a limited Lite version like Ableton does with Live....

A cat picture.

Not sure how they have not been successful entering the market :shrug:

It appears they have done well, with a growing user base daily.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Zombie Queen wrote:A cat picture.
A picture of a cat in a supermarket? :)

I'm with DSan, that seems more like a question for maybe a year ago, not now, they're already "in the market".

Lite versions are really marketing tools. That's why you tend to get them free with controllers and breakfast cereal. I believe Bitwig have brought something new and refreshing to the market and that is what's attracting their users.

IMHO and being serious: to offer the same functionality as Live and then some.
Last edited by rod_zero on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
dedication to flying

Nm, useless post
Last edited by Ogopogo on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Way less CPU usage, and actually freeing cpu when bypassing effects. Also fix the PDC issues that are left.

goatgirl wrote:Lite versions are really marketing tools.
They're typically a little better than demos, and they offer an upgrade path to save some money. But I mostly agree, and I'm not really a fan of different versions of the same product. It's partly why I don't use DAWs that have Lite/Standard/Pro/etc. versions.

A no brainer sale.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Zombie Queen wrote:A cat picture.
Or, better yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3oRoh4LTE
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I was pretty impressed about a first release like 1.06 I think it was in april or so.

But missing multiple out VST instrument support, and not getting multiple named midi ports without doing programmers work - I ditched it since I felt they were out of touch with reality.

juansep wrote:actually freeing cpu when bypassing effects. Also fix the PDC issues that are left.
lfm wrote:multiple out VST instrument support
All in the coming 1.1, which is in beta.

they did enter with success.
that thread is a complete bashing nonsense.
furthermore, if people want it to be Ableton live+more, they should complain to Ableton....
for a DAW that has been on the market for such a small amount of time, it is doing very well. I am not a user, but I tried it and was impressed. great workflow.
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Who would even demo/trust a new host from an unknown company?
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”