Dubstep: Best sample pack?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Slaghead wrote:Tbh sample packs aren't what they used to be are they? Going through (plus owning a fair few of) these, there's not much you'd put on a record you hoped to get signed - most either over-processed and unusable or just not really nailing the genre any better than if I'd grabbed a few Korg EMX presets and put them through a distortion plugin
this is very true. most drum samples that developers are charging for a just useless garbage. but i highly recommend what i call the big three. wave alchemy, bitword, and goldbaby.

*synthdrums is the most modern sounding for todays music as well as the best production quality, and the best drum library imo ever created. one could with out no issue whatsoever buy synthdrums and use it for a lifetime without running out of sounds and never needing to buy another drum library.

goldbaby drums all sound very vintage and work well for that 80s sounding drum machine based dance music like electro house among others. and the bitword drums are for very heavy/hard sounding industrial dance but would be just as useful in making film trailers or very modern sounding beats.

only thing that sucks about the bitword libraries is they are not organized into sound categories making then a nightmare to browse. oxide 128 is, but its my least favorite bitword library.

go with wave alchemy synth drums :wink:

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
You could try this one http://sounds.beatport.com/pack/deep-dub-drums/9475 (http://sounds.beatport.com/pack/deep-dub-drums/9475) Available also as Rex2 Loops and Ableton Live 8.1+ is a huge pack comparing to the price.

A lot of complextro stuff will fit in Dubstep too. Unfortunately for me, I've got a wicked collection of great Dubstep samples, but now interested in Drum n Bass again. Haha. Still using Producerloops to buy most of my samples. Some really nice series can be had for good bundled price. On another note - I got a new to me sampler to play on (mv-8800) and construction kits are the easiest load up ever. Zero G and Uberschall offer some really large libraries. The Uberschall stuff is really easy to convert from their single file format they use with their player, to individual samples. It's built in feature of Elastik to convert.

I also found Switch. Batch conversion with folder structure copy and let's you pick folders, then modify content before you convert, like removing .mid, or .mp3 before converting.

Had to convert almost everything I bought off Producerloops because samples were too high quality for use in my old skool sampler (only does 16 bit, 44.1 KHz previewing although will still play 24 bit, but I need to preview stuff!)

I love the selection on that site and support is awesome too. I misplaced a download I had from last year and emailed support on a Sunday about making link available again. It was total of 30 min and it was available. They weren't even supposed to be available on weekend, but they rock!
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Slaghead wrote:
SampleScience wrote:I have Dubstep Mantis from Soundtrack Loops, it's really good and it really gives you the possibility to be creative using small cuts and joinging them together:

http://soundtrackloops.com/shop/a-loops ... ollection/
"Made", you made Dubstep Mantis :hihi:
It's Dean from Electronisounds that produced Dubstep Mantis. I don't produce this kind of music myself, I only use pre-made loops and samples for fun.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”