Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antithesist wrote:Huh... I always likened this to the prison planet in Alien 3.
Especially the scene where Ripley get's her belt (or what it is) cut off :D.

BBFG# wrote:Sounds like a job for 4lbkitty!
Can she help comfort me (in an innocent way of course) because I didn't get the serial?

Hans25 wrote:
asksol wrote:VitaminD: Ah! that second version didn't show up in my search before.
In the description of the $29.99 one it still says 'Note: This product is a digital download.',
but I guess they just copied it from the other.
I'm sorry to hear that this is not a real digital download. I wasn't aware that musiciansfriend and guitarcenter was one and the same. That's monopoly! We can't have that in God's own country. Anyway I if I just had known that... For two weeks ago I was interested in a product that was sold as a serial. Then I contacted on of the sellers by the chatfunction because I just wanted the serial and asked the guy if I could order and pay on the site and then he could cancel the shipment afterwards and send the serial by email (because im in europe and anyway this is faster and cheaper). There was no way I could get him to do that. "No I cant do that but I can send the box to Europe". Then I would have to wait for a week at least and the bargain would be a not so good bargain any longer. I asked him why he didnt just open the box and send me the serial. He just kept saying "We have no way of doing this I don't know how to proceed such an order". Then I told him, hey I can help hou with that, now let me pay, then you cancel the shipment, go to the warehouse, take down the box from the shelf, open the box with a scissor, write the serial down, throw the box away and send me the serial by email. End of story. Or give the procedure to your warehouse worker.

But he kept repeating the same thing over and over. Maybe he was a bot. I suggested him to encourage musiansfriend to sell digital downloads like other websites in the future. He said he would bring my suggestion to the right person. I give him a little credit for that.
I have a Guitar Center within 4 miles of my home that I visit regularly.
The store sells these $29 boxed serial number deals behind a glass case in their "Pro Audio" department.
For a $5 fee, I can pick one up for you and deliver the serial number to your email address the same day.
They also have some other store-specific local deals I might be able to hook you up with.
Of course, if you can find someone to help you with it for free, go with that.

-Ki
Salem Beats

unbelievable...

antithesist wrote:Huh... I always likened this to the prison planet in Alien 3.
As in the males are all YY? :hihi:

SalemBeatsKVR wrote:I have a Guitar Center within 4 miles of my home that I visit regularly.
SalemBeatsKVR wrote:For a $5 fee, I can pick one up for you
Seems you are kind of guy who never do something for others just for whose sake. Hopefully you have always enough money in your pocket, just for the case.. :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:
SalemBeatsKVR wrote:I have a Guitar Center within 4 miles of my home that I visit regularly.
SalemBeatsKVR wrote:For a $5 fee, I can pick one up for you
Seems you are kind of guy who never do something for others just for whose sake. Hopefully you have always enough money in your pocket, just for the case.. :lol:
Maybe his car only gets 8 miles to the gallon? :hihi:

..maybe people felt entitled after kitty did it for free? It's an offer, same as any other, take it or leave it I guess :shrug:
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:..maybe people felt entitled after kitty did it for free? It's an offer, same as any other, take it or leave it I guess :shrug:
Well, there's a context behind it. The one good thing about buying from him is there's no sales tax in Oregon. If I were to go to Guitar Center and buy this for people, it would end up costing me $32.40 after sales tax.

Ki, how about just charging people $32.40 total? That way they'll pay about the same as buying from anyone else and you'll still get to pocket $50-100 when all is said and done.

Just a reminder that the http://www.beat.de/ promotion to get UVI Mello free ends tomorrow.

I just picked it up, and all it takes is using the coupon code FREEMELLO on UVI's site.

GeorgeZ wrote:... It's an offer, same as any other, take it or leave it I guess :shrug:
Seems the attitude comes across as more for an effort to reap a profit in every post.
A little desperate and always questionable.

Uncle E wrote:
Ki, how about just charging people $32.40 total? That way they'll pay about the same as buying from anyone else and you'll still get to pocket $50-100 when all is said and done.
So he's making money off doing stuff like that?

Interesting, i never knew you could do that.
:borg:

GeorgeZ wrote:..maybe people felt entitled after kitty did it for free? It's an offer, same as any other, take it or leave it I guess :shrug:
Kitty didn't do it for free. She might have initially, but she later had a website and there was some sort of percentage she took for the service. It wasn't a lot, but it wasn't free either.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I don't see any issue with charging a modest fee for the trouble.
Last edited by jsp1979 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jsp1979 wrote:
Kitty didn't do it for free. She had a website and there was some sort of percentage she took for the service. It wasn't a lot, but it wasn't free either.
True but she did it free for KvR members especially, at least thats what i remember back then. Anyway, i doubt Salami will make much money here. :D
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

BBFG# wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:... It's an offer, same as any other, take it or leave it I guess :shrug:
Seems the attitude comes across as more for an effort to reap a profit in every post.
A little desperate and always questionable.
I bet you'll change your tune real quick if I swing through with some of the profits to pick up a plugin you're trying to dump here at the marketplace. I'm a frequent buyer here, so it's definitely possible.

I've been a broke musician far too long in the past to just do everything for free - my time is worth money.
If you're always just doing everything for everyone else for free and you find yourself strapped for cash at some point, you have yourself to blame.
Also, suggesting that someone's time is worthless is just disrespectful.

I might be willing to lower the fee if I can get enough interested parties to combine trips. I'll have to ask my GC how many they have in inventory and whether they'll be getting any more in.

For the few of you who clearly just get on here because you're bored and you get a rush from the drama of starting fights:
Go cry about license transfer fees or WUP or something if you're in the mood to complain.

Thanks,

-Ki
Salem Beats
Last edited by SalemBeatsKVR on Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”