Presswerk Public Beta

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

3ee wrote:
softska wrote:Like what I hear, wish UI has better contrast though, normal mode visually feels rather cluttered.
Right-click GUI ..go to Gamma and select your option
I see the option, but I mean the contrast of knobs/labels and background. Gamma does brighten the interface but still a wash of grey and dark grey knobs that glues together. I probably can just mod it myself if I can't get use to it, but that's my impression anyway, ymmv.

aaron aardvark wrote:I'm fine with the wood panels because there is no danger in getting termites. Makes it seem more like a piece of real gear. Really, there is no need to put wood side panels on real gear either, but makes it look nicer.
lol.

sometimes yes but sometimes no.

also, wood sides on desktop gear is helpful when they're angled and tip your gear towards you so it's not just lying flat..

but this kind of, what's it called.. "realism" in a plug in seems useless and takes up that extra little bit of screen pixels. wood on the gui isn't what makes software feel "real" to me.. the layout.. the feel. .interaction of the controls etc. how playable it is or whatever.. obviously that doesn't really apply to something like presswerke but slapping some faux wood grain on the ends isn't going to do it..

the wood sort of only highlights the fact that it is software and further gives its 2D reality more weight.

just my 2 cents obviously.

dayjob,
Yes, I noticed the wood panels are adding weight! My computer now weighs another 4 ounces..............just kidding!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

it actually looks pretty deadly without the sidepanel (imo), but then the logo looks a little outta place :dog:

gwok wrote:it actually looks pretty deadly without the sidepanel (imo), but then the logo looks a little outta place :dog:

strangely the wood sides don't bother me on Satin. perhaps it's the color contrast/size top border

anyway.. .it's not a deal breaker. :D

Will buying this make me buy Satin also..? I swore to not buy more software ... um ... but .... well ............... trying this on a track with three very different altering drumbreaks and it still sounds good with just with some little tweaking (no ocd here) on the master and drumbus

That said: On DC8C and other things by klanghelm there's a meter option with output minus input (i think). It makes it VERY easy to keep levels the same so you don't fool yourself as louder is "better". Maybe there's a way to do that already? Right now im bypassing to check output but that's a lot of un-fun in a so-fun plugin :)
:hug:

Karten wrote: Settings are very much dependent on the material so, like an EQ, presets don't make much sense (except as a starting point).
i disagree.
For a compressor-toolbox like this some general presets would
be very helpful starting points

(...like e.g. dbx-smack etc)

Arrested Developer wrote:
Karten wrote: Settings are very much dependent on the material so, like an EQ, presets don't make much sense (except as a starting point).
i disagree.

Even if I wrote otherwise before, I agree here, not everyone has the knowledge of the inner workings of a compressor to emulate that in Presswerk.
But as I know u-he, there will be presets in the final release for sure, I think they never have presets in the betas, maybe because they cannot guarantee they will still work correctly at the end of the beta phase because of some necessary changes or bug fixing.

Another remark : would it be possible that using the control Edit Both would not delete the previous settings, but keep them in memory somewhere to use them again ?

At one time, I had a set of settings for the channel 1, and another set of settings for the channel 2. Then I clicked on "both", and what I did for the channel 2 diseappeared forever :)

I think that when you click on "both", the previously displayed set of settings is kept and used for both channels, which is what I would expect for that. However, I would like that when I click again on "Channel 1" or "Channel 2", the sets of settings which have just been removed would be applied again at their previous place, so I won't lose things I did when I click on "both", which may happen accidentally...

dayjob wrote:has anyone complained about the wood sides?

seems a waste of space and comes across as ridiculous to me in a GUI.

otherwise the GUI is a home run. i love it.

the wood is distracting. #TWSS
No. I wish the buttons were carved out of wood. I wish the labels were carved out of wood with little traces of sawdust and woodcurls around them that would catch the light in different ways as I reposition the plugin window around my screen, and I wish there was a 3d gouge set on the bottom of the alternate screens to cover the blank space there... with more sawdust.

Urs, could you please make these changes? P.S., Looks and sounds great.

:wink:

fese wrote:
i disagree.

Even if I wrote otherwise before, I agree here, not everyone has the knowledge of the inner workings of a compressor to emulate that in Presswerk.
Mmm ... That's why I said they made sense as starting points. I only meant that you usually can't leave the settings of a preset as they are but must slightly tweak them to get better results.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote: Mmm ... That's why I said they made sense as starting points. I only meant that you usually can't leave the settings of a preset as they are but must slightly tweak them to get better results.
Karten, sorry, i somehow over-read that starting point part allthough i read it.. :dog:

What my tired brain probably meant was: i'd like to have a lot of different presets as starting points...

Even the Beatles recorded with this:
presswerk.png
Nice easter egg... didn't notice until just now :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Karten wrote: Mmm ... That's why I said they made sense as starting points. I only meant that you usually can't leave the settings of a preset as they are but must slightly tweak them to get better results.
Karten, sorry, i somehow over-read that starting point part allthough i read it.. :dog:
What my tired brain probably meant was: i'd like to have a lot of different presets as starting points...
No bother. I'd like many starting points too. :wink:
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

fese wrote:Even the Beatles recorded with this:
presswerk.png
Nice easter egg... didn't notice until just now :wink:
Nice one! :hihi:

Return to “u-he”