The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

pdxindy wrote:
hibidy wrote:There are so many things I like, but it does seem like it's not there yet. I was thinking maybe with 1.1 it was worth demoing, getting used to and then some things are fixed/improved but I'm not sure now.
I just cannot accept the lack of a count-in for recording clips... I do that too much in Live.

But it is still my long term plan to switch to Bitwig... maybe 1.2
While there is still a couple things I miss in Live (mainly in the sequencer midi editing), there is too much I couldn't go back to not having that's in Bitwig. I mean, putting a midi controlled effect and an instrument on different tracks? No thanks! That feels like a clunky workaround now that I can just put an instrument and an effect on the same track and control them both by midi on that track. No midi and audio regions on the same track. Blasphemy! Not having a browser that shows me all the samples of all the folders under a given folder? Pfffsshh, no way. I don't want to have to drill down to every single older to see every sample in it! And with 1.1, the multi-out device on a single tracks is going to be even harder to come back from.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
hibidy wrote:There are so many things I like, but it does seem like it's not there yet. I was thinking maybe with 1.1 it was worth demoing, getting used to and then some things are fixed/improved but I'm not sure now.
I just cannot accept the lack of a count-in for recording clips... I do that too much in Live.
Support tells me this is coming in one of the next updates.
Maybe because I nagged so much about it ;-)

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

But it is still my long term plan to switch to Bitwig... maybe 1.2
While there is still a couple things I miss in Live (mainly in the sequencer midi editing), there is too much I couldn't go back to not having that's in Bitwig. I mean, putting a midi controlled effect and an instrument on different tracks? No thanks! That feels like a clunky workaround now that I can just put an instrument and an effect on the same track and control them both by midi on that track. No midi and audio regions on the same track. Blasphemy! Not having a browser that shows me all the samples of all the folders under a given folder? Pfffsshh, no way. I don't want to have to drill down to every single older to see every sample in it! And with 1.1, the multi-out device on a single tracks is going to be even harder to come back from.
Things I would miss from Live

Clip count-in
Time signature changes
Midi step recording (love this feature)
Groove Pool
plus a few others including some important features on Push...

I doubt I will upgrade to Live 10 whenever that comes out... and at some point expect to switch to Bitwig. I love the bounce in place because (as you point out) audio and midi can be on the same track.

dsan@mail.com wrote:Yeah, Ogopogo, very early on Crazy got a little, well,.....crazy :hihi: and got censored.

But I think it was just temporary.

Team BWS does appreciate constructive input.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Ah, missed that whole deal, thanks.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: ...While there is still a couple things I miss in Live (mainly in the sequencer midi editing), there is too much I couldn't go back to not having that's in Bitwig. ...
u can even cut a MIDI note into half, hello AL :D
https://www.ableton.com/answers/how-do- ... te-in-half
and what about automation looping (u can't drop automations back from arrangement to session view)
https://www.ableton.com/answers/is-it-p ... ith-live-9 vs BWS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neUNqsGtEZs

and unified modulation, multi-layer track editing and PDC (on effects, and on automations) etc. session view of AL is unbeatable but otherwise :roll: (ok ... Push is also a great one)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Bitwig update soon?

let the good times roll :party:
let them knock you around
let the good times roll
let them make you a :clown:

dsan@mail.com wrote:Yeah, Ogopogo, very early on Crazy got a little, well,.....crazy :hihi: and got censored.

But I think it was just temporary.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
No comment.

dsan@mail.com wrote:
So they prefer Cat pics?
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Well guys, I decided to bite the bullet and nobody has it :lol:

Absolutely figures. I can get it from GC but I have to pay the full 299. Not sure if the uncle will get anymore licenses soon enough to curb my needs :hihi:

I have decided to boycot and abandon German products from now on :P

I've thought about that, then I realized that it was impossible :hihi:

Lol, so true. Whatever happened to the Brits?

hibidy wrote:Well guys, I decided to bite the bullet and nobody has it :lol:

Absolutely figures. I can get it from GC but I have to pay the full 299. Not sure if the uncle will get anymore licenses soon enough to curb my needs :hihi:
You gonna go for Live 10?

I still have not bitwigged bitwig.

I is happy with what I have now. :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”