Xils 4 The Pin Matrix Modular Analog Synthesizer [V1.5 released + Intro Price offer]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS 4

BlackWinny wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
KingTuck wrote:How does the soft iLok protection work? It obviously doesn't require a hardware dongle, I get that, but is it C/R activated? Can I install the software on my desktop and laptop? Stuff like that. In any case I'm glad to see the XILS Lab stuff accessible without a hardware dongle.
You set up an iLok account.
You rub the PACE software, installed during the XILS install, enter the code youre given for XILS, it connects to a server and authourises that particular computer. To run on another computer you use the PACE software to de authourise the first computer and then follow the above again for any subsequent machines you want to authourise.

Only one computer can be authourised at a time.

This is where XILS LE comes in handy

Not all the Xils Lab products require iLok or eLisencer though
For those who don't like and want at all any iLok and eLicenser protection, yes, there are also other awesome instruments which don't require them and simply use a serial number:
  • Xils 3 LE V2 (with more than 650 presets).
  • PolyKB II Player (with the same 250 factory presets than the full PolyKB II, but the player is not simply a player, your can attribute a modulation at your liking to 8 knobs and it contains the arpeggiator and a section of effects). With its big brother the PolyKB II it is an emulation of the 1981's french RSF PolyKobol II which was a kind of "super-minimoog" having at this epoch many features which were not implemented in the Minimoog Model D.
  • Oxium (with 250 presets) which is one of my preferred synths, very, very, very underrated with many abilities of modulations like the XILS 3 but working totally differently. Look at its incredible features (and a details of the features which were added in the version 1.5).
  • And all the huge effects Vst's made by Xils-Labs are also only protected by serial number.
They all have MIDI learn.
And they all are OSX compatible and Win 64-bit compatible.

And:
  • Xils 3 LE V2 can load the bank Xilssential (140 presets). And of course you can make your own presets/banks.
  • PolyKB II Player can load the two banks Analog Bag I and Analog Bag II (for a total of 288 presets)
  • For Oxium there are several wonderful banks:
    • Examples by Le Lotus Bleu (Lotuzia, Nori Ubukata...): "Inspired by Jupiter-8" (65 presets very close to the factory sounds of the Jupiter 8, and if you buy the bank before buying the synth you get a €10 discount coupon to buy the synth), Pandemoxium" (270 presets), "Xtrem Tweaker" (300 presets).
    • Example by aMUSEd: OXIdation (64 presets).
    • Example by SoundDivine: "Event Horizon" (119 presets).
    • Example by Vintage Synth Pads (VSP): "Vintage Hardware for Oxium" (180 presets very closely inspired by the Roland Juno-60, Korg Polysix, SCI Prophet 5, Oberheim Ob-Xa, Yamaha Dx-7 and Moog Minimoog)
    • And of course you can make your own presets/banks.
And all these three synths are very cheap!

Sorry if it looks like an advert... but all these 3 synths are really among my preferred instruments... by far!!!
Thanks BlackWinny :hug: :hug: And more soundsets are on the way. Oxium is really an *analog and beyond* synthesizer. Not only can it come very close to a Jupiter 8, but it can do things that no other analog synthesizer can do ! ( And the story doesnt end here, like all XIls synths, it will be updated and will get even more incredible features. Like the Xils 4 is in its current state the result of many years of continuous development )
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
Gribs wrote:I downloaded the demos of both. The Xils 4 GUI is very small! The settings and manual suggest that a larger size is forthcoming, though.

Trying them out...
Yes a big size, where you can see the three panels at once is schedulled. The two switchable panel is actually the result of beeing compliant with Laptops screens, especially Apple ones. Also, if you dont use layering with the second *extended* VCS3 engine, you'll only need two panels with simultaneous view : First VCS3, and the panel with all the extended mods ( Lfos, EVs giant pin matrix 2, effects ) and the sequencer. Sof for large part of presets, two panels is OK. Even when layering, you can still see the two VCS3 main panels and their matrixes, giving you a *view* with more than a thousand possible modulations.

Note : You can zoom in all the Pin Matrixes whith mouse wheeling. Makes it easier to fix the mod ammounts.
Three panels are great but still everything is very small. Isn't there an actually larger size coming along?
Yorgos Simeonidis

Got this thru email when i click the link it says another price 139 euros

2- Upgrading to the XILS 4 from the XILS 3 LE:

only 105€ instead of 145€ ($132 instead of $185).
Save more than 74€ ($94) from the full price
You will get the full XILS 4 version.
You will get the full XILS 3 version.
You will be able to launch and play XILISTICS 2.0, SOUL Design and more soundsets to come.

BlackWinny wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
KingTuck wrote:How does the soft iLok protection work? It obviously doesn't require a hardware dongle, I get that, but is it C/R activated? Can I install the software on my desktop and laptop? Stuff like that. In any case I'm glad to see the XILS Lab stuff accessible without a hardware dongle.
You set up an iLok account.
You rub the PACE software, installed during the XILS install, enter the code youre given for XILS, it connects to a server and authourises that particular computer. To run on another computer you use the PACE software to de authourise the first computer and then follow the above again for any subsequent machines you want to authourise.

Only one computer can be authourised at a time.

This is where XILS LE comes in handy

Not all the Xils Lab products require iLok or eLisencer though
For those who don't like and want at all any iLok and eLicenser protection, yes, there are also other awesome instruments which don't require them and simply use a serial number:
  • Xils 3 LE V2 (with more than 650 presets).
  • PolyKB II Player (with the same 250 factory presets than the full PolyKB II, but the player is not simply a player, your can attribute a modulation at your liking to 8 knobs and it contains the arpeggiator and a section of effects). With its big brother the PolyKB II it is an emulation of the 1981's french RSF PolyKobol II which was a kind of "super-minimoog" having at this epoch many features which were not implemented in the Minimoog Model D.
  • Oxium (with 250 presets) which is one of my preferred synths, very, very, very underrated with many abilities of modulations like the XILS 3 but working totally differently. Look at its incredible features (and a details of the features which were added in the version 1.5).
  • And all the huge effects Vst's made by Xils-Labs are also only protected by serial number.
They all have MIDI learn.
And they all are OSX compatible and Win 64-bit compatible.

And:
  • Xils 3 LE V2 can load the bank Xilssential (140 presets). And of course you can make your own presets/banks.
  • PolyKB II Player can load the two banks Analog Bag I and Analog Bag II (for a total of 288 presets)
  • For Oxium there are several wonderful banks:
    • Examples by Le Lotus Bleu (Lotuzia, Nori Ubukata...): "Inspired by Jupiter-8" (65 presets very close to the factory sounds of the Jupiter 8, and if you buy the bank before buying the synth you get a €10 discount coupon to buy the synth), Pandemoxium" (270 presets), "Xtrem Tweaker" (300 presets).
    • Example by aMUSEd: OXIdation (64 presets).
    • Example by SoundDivine: "Event Horizon" (119 presets).
    • Example by Vintage Synth Pads (VSP): "Vintage Hardware for Oxium" (180 presets very closely inspired by the Roland Juno-60, Korg Polysix, SCI Prophet 5, Oberheim Ob-Xa, Yamaha Dx-7 and Moog Minimoog)
    • And of course you can make your own presets/banks.
And all these three synths are very cheap!

Sorry if it looks like an advert... but all these 3 synths are really among my preferred instruments... by far!!!
Very cool. Next time I see Oxium on sale I'll buy a copy. I have very little experience with the XILS Lab stuff. Would be fun to give one of their synths a good go.

boombaxx wrote:Got this thru email when i click the link it says another price 139 euros.
Look for 'How to upgrade ?' in that same email. There should be a coupon in your account that you can submit at the end of the order process.

Or so it says, haven't taken the plunge myself.

dwozzle wrote:
boombaxx wrote:Got this thru email when i click the link it says another price 139 euros.
Look for 'How to upgrade ?' in that same email. There should be a coupon in your account that you can submit at the end of the order process.

Or so it says, haven't taken the plunge myself.
Hi Boombaxx and Dwozzle,

Upgrades : Here's the how to (C/P from Xils newsletters to LE owners )

* When purchasing the *XILS 3 LE V2.0* an upgrade coupon is
>>> automatically deposited into your XILS-lab account : Check
>>> the link "*Your Coupon Code*" !
>>> * This code has to be submitted at the end of the *XILS 3* or
>>> *XILS 4 *checkout. It will give you a discount to the full
>>> version.
>>>
>>> *What will you get after upgrading ?*
>>>
>>> * A full *XILS 3* or/and *XILS 4* version.
>>> * You are keeping your *XILS 3 LE* license.
>>> * Your fidelity voucher will be increased (up to 30% discount
>>> when purchasing more than 300€ on our store)
>>>
>>> *XILS 3* and *XILS 4* are protected with either *USB-eLicenser*
>>> or *iLok* (iLok1, iLok2 or Computer based)
>>>
>>> /*Important Note :*/ in the "Computer Based" iLok s/olution, /*NO
>>> "USB dongle" is required*/ //./
>>>
>>> Just upgrade to the XILS 3 full
>>> <http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/XILS-3.2.html> version or the XILS
>>> 4 <http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/XILS-4.html>monster analog
>>> Modular synthesizer.
Upgrade discount from LE to Xils 3 or Xils 4will be valid until Nov 25th iirc.

Hope it helps.

LtZ

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Got it Lotuzia thank you mate. I use Poly KB in everything i do as it kicks vst bootie so hoping for more of the same with the Xils 4

Something wrong with the code i was sent not working :x

Working now thanks for the quick reply

Hi there, I can't seem to get the soft-license working with Xils 3. I have an ilok, but when I go into Ilok License Manager there doesn't see the option to transfer the license to the computer (like some other software I have). Also the Pace dialog I think you hinted at in a previous post doesn't present itself.

I installed the new version of Xils, but still requires ilok to function. Is there a separate installer/process needed? Do I have to somehow 'refresh' the license in the ilok license manager?

Thanks, let me know

Hi,

The best way is to contact us : https://www.xils-lab.com/pages/Contact-Us.html

This new feature (computer based) is working only with new deposited licenses, so we may have to replace yours

Best regards
Xavier
Xils-lab team

Where I can see what is limitation/feature difference of Xils 3 LE V2?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:Where I can see what is limitation/feature difference of Xils 3 LE V2?
You can get it there

Or click on the "upgrade" button of the XILS 3 LE V2.0 (if you own it)

Best regards
Xavier

xavier wrote:Hi,

The best way is to contact us : https://www.xils-lab.com/pages/Contact-Us.html

This new feature (computer based) is working only with new deposited licenses, so we may have to replace yours

Best regards
Xavier
Xils-lab team
Do the new licenses have more than one activation?

Thanks!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

You can only use them on one computer at a time. If you want to install the soft licence on a new computer, you have to deactivate it first on the previous computer. Then activate it on the new computer.( ie no problem to change computers, and I dont know if there's a limit to the number of such operations/transfers, but its certainly more than one ) ( Btw Xils-Lab has extended its Celebration Sales period for Xils3/4 until Nov 25th -2014- )

Return to “Instruments”