Steinberg: WORST Product Purchase Experience ever!(Bad case of user error!)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sys2074 wrote:Basically I need a Cubase 4/5 license but I think it's nowhere being sold anymore.
You may try to buy a second-hand license here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=43

sys2074 wrote: Just why don't they provide a friggin' purchase FULL version option on their site??!
http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_pr ... se-75.html

Do you see where it says "Cubase 7.5 Full version"? It's the highlighted default option... although i guess it could be country dependent. If there is no shipping to your country, you might only get the upgrade options (although i wonder why that would be the case in a country like Japan). But then, choosing these without owning a valid license is kind of careless.

Seriously... ? The cubase learning curve starts by learning to read, but it's not specified in the cubase manual. Will you blame steinberg for that ?

Exactly the reason why I don't buy stuff from mischievous companies who use: a. dongles, b. different versions of their product, c. sell software with correlations to third companies as it comes to licenses (for instance: Motu/UVI).

:hihi: this forum is full of folk blaming companies for their own ignorance.

sys2074 wrote:So I decided today to finally buy Cubase 7.5! So I go visit their website to buy it online. I happily select the most logical purchase option (Upgrade from Cubase 4/5) since there is no other info whatsoever so I assume that option means it's also for users who don't own Cubase yet but do have a dongle available.
Seriously?

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Mischief can become pretty ironic. :D

How about changing the thread title - it implies a bad purchase experience, while obviously, you simply didn't properly read before buying stuff, you didn't use the pretty obvious contact mail, and you just rushed to the next forum and blamed the company for your own faults? *sigh*

What does it matter? The guy paid for nothing. You must be very insecure person to attack a person for being ignorant. Ignorance is bless. The joke's upon Steinberg; we're not all unknown geniuses... lmao this must be THE WAY for companies to attract starters. Or.. pleasing a most frustrated 'fanbaze'. Tek yer pick. 1 of the 2.
Last edited by CrazyLittleSomething on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i don't know how you can blame steinberg.

cYrus wrote:i don't know how you can blame steinberg.

w

For eating money they don't deserve.. maybe?
This is getting funny.

CrazyLittleSomething wrote:What does it matter? The guy paid for nothing. You must be very insecure person to attack a person for being ignorant. Ignorance is bless.
Bliss. Ignorance is bliss.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

I guess no one....... asked the question why Steinberg ALLOWS such an activity in the first place or.. doesn't cancel the purchase in the first place. Probably because 'some people' will perform criminal activities too. My 2c.

Bless, what does it matter in this case? You have no word and try to correct something which has no relevance regarded to this discussion. Again.. the joke's upon you, I'm afraid.

cYrus wrote:i don't know how you can blame steinberg.
Me neither, the thing is that this moron obviously thought with an empty dongle he have the right to upgrade. Unbelievable.. ..Now he's trying to blame the dev for his own stupidity. I guess his 2nd mistake was to choose KVR for getting consolation. :lol:

PS. I don't like Steinberg btw..
Last edited by valerian_777 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”