VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

thejonsolo wrote:
I hope Simon supports this. One day.
Sure, will do.

The zooming in and out works much slower in v2, especially when you use the sliders at the left and bottom with the mouse wheel (enable "Show time/frequency ruler in the preferences) it takes several seconds for the interface to update to the zoomed selection, in v1 that is an instant process. Sadly, the 60-seconds-limitation per spectral selection is still there, something I had very much hoped would have been removed, I wonder what the technical reason might be for this.

A very nice addition is the possibility to now modulate delay times with LFOs (disable LFO Restart in that case, as the delay is not per voice so a polyphonic LFO doesn't make sense), good one!

You should write a list and send it to them Simon.

Clearly they are only coders who rely on feedback from their customers to know what needs to be changed/improved/fixed and what direction they would like to see things taken.

It's obvious that they are NOT sound designers as such.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

The 2012 SOS review said the one-minute-limit was "to conserve memory." However, because hardware memory is so variable, we should be able to change that in Preferences, like we change the sample buffer.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Ben H wrote:You should write a list and send it to them Simon.

Clearly they are only coders who rely on feedback from their customers to know what needs to be changed/improved/fixed and what direction they would like to see things taken.

They could just come here and listen, no?

True.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:True.
They know this thread exists, as they removed the link to it from their facebook page yesterday.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Ben H wrote:True.
They know this thread exists, as they removed the link to it from their facebook page yesterday.
Fair enough then.

MAN that pisses me off!

I gotta stop reading this thread, it's just NOT the izotope I remember. I remember when they came here asking people what they wanted in "trash 2" and were genuinely excited for feedback.

People are not just bitching to bitch :x

There are reasons people are upset.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Ben H wrote:You should write a list and send it to them Simon.

They could just come here and listen, no?
How about participating in the thread as well then guys?

I woke up this morning imagining that I was going to find a statement from Izotope:

"Hi everybody. We're sorry. We realised we've made a mistake with this release and its pricing. To make amends we're permanently dropping the price for upgrades to version 2 to $49, and to $29 for any version 1 owners owning 5 or more of the sound libraries. We'll refund the difference to any customers who have already upgraded.

We are also going to be working really hard to fix the issue of preset compatibility, and we are going to introducing several new features that users have been requesting during the lifetime of Iris 2."

I imagined all the positive publicity, that this was a company who listened to its customers, responded to user feedback. I imagined all the extra revenue this would bring Izotope.

Then I woke up. It was just a dream.
Last edited by lnikj on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

You can't really blame them for not wanting to jump in to such a hostile thread though. :shrug:

Here is a quick and dirty vid experimenting a little with my first v2-patch, using the sample of an ebow texture played on my strat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TclzORmO0Pk

Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a quick and dirty vid experimenting a little with my first v2-patch, using the sample of an ebow texture played on my strat
Noooooooooooo :cry:

Ben H wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a quick and dirty vid experimenting a little with my first v2-patch, using the sample of an ebow texture played on my strat
Noooooooooooo :cry:
Sorry :party:

Return to “Instruments”