Reaper Gets An Awesome Sequencer (Finally!)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread has almost everything, from the amazing to the absurd.

One thing I don't "get" (having skimmed) is the banal critique. We are many, and therein lies the potential for greatness...

So there's a lot of noise about the interface being unattractive, but without any indication of what it "should" look like.

I don't know how easy it is for plugin interfaces to be re-skinned, but wouldn't this be an excellent opportunity for the community (y'all) to deliver useful requirements (a description, ie "if you can put them sliders like that", or even better a proof of design, ie an illustration).

I'm just reading, trying to learn, and collecting like a OCD blackbird! My goals are many, my knowledge, hardware, and experience are few and far between, but there is hope, and that sounds good enough to me.

To honed applications :box:

Megababy is a staple in my projects; so much awesome in a very unassuming package

noobAudioJunky wrote:This thread has almost everything, from the amazing to the absurd.

One thing I don't "get" (having skimmed) is the banal critique. We are many, and therein lies the potential for greatness...

So there's a lot of noise about the interface being unattractive, but without any indication of what it "should" look like.

I don't know how easy it is for plugin interfaces to be re-skinned, but wouldn't this be an excellent opportunity for the community (y'all) to deliver useful requirements (a description, ie "if you can put them sliders like that", or even better a proof of design, ie an illustration).

I'm just reading, trying to learn, and collecting like a OCD blackbird! My goals are many, my knowledge, hardware, and experience are few and far between, but there is hope, and that sounds good enough to me.

To honed applications :box:
I keep on saying who will be the master subject who could define for us what a great GUI should look like...

Still have no takers though... 8) :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Sorry if I'm necro-ing this thread, but is anyone using this plugin with a midi controller? I was thinking if this thing was used with a launchpad or something (cheapest thing with most buttons that I know of) you might be able to get something like a monome. Anyone using this or know how to set it up? Using a pad controller would also make it so people could completely ignore the interface if they think it's ugly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nwy0kPwCPX0

This whole tablet thing is bringing on features that we would never see inside the daw. Just in general.

Reaper Sequencer MegaBaby overview

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq2C-Qg9Hp4

I'm impressed. I remember using the first versions. It surely has come a long way!
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Carbonflake wrote:I'm impressed. I remember using the first versions. It surely has come a long way!
It really has. cool stuff!

Carbonflake wrote:I'm impressed. I remember using the first versions. It surely has come a long way!
Well, yes, its had over a decade to do so. Pity the rate of development slowed down so much once they'd finished copying all the stuff that was in other DAWs, though.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Well, yes, its had over a decade to do so.
I was only talking about the sequencer, though.

For those who missed it. This is pretty awesome..

A live style session view for REAPER
http://reaperblog.net/2015/11/helgoboss ... to-v1-9-1/

Carbonflake wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Well, yes, its had over a decade to do so.
I was only talking about the sequencer, though.
:doh: that's what happens when memyselfnecrosaurus restarts multiple threads about the same sodding DAW.

and, OT : when did you change your moniker? :shock:

whyterabbyt wrote: and, OT : when did you change your moniker? :shock:
A few weeks ago (it used to be Karten).
I just wanted to have a consistent username on the few forums I'm registered and Twitter.

Carbonflake wrote: A few weeks ago (it used to be Karten).
I knew that bit ;)

This plugin is buggy and unmaintained, which is pretty much the standard in reaperworld.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”