Cubase 8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

A guy who made presets for the new bass amp for Cubase 8 was a bit quick to show what he does. Video was set to private after a short time. Anyway, Steinberg is on the way with finishing Cubase 8.

See some captures on Gearslutz
Last edited by 4damind on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uuuuh... ? No updated windows management ??? Hope at least they updated the freeze or it will be a BIG disappointment...

budweiser wrote:Uuuuh... ? No updated windows management ??? Hope at least they updated the freeze or it will be a BIG disappointment...
+1 :!:

My god, they are annoying. Ignoring years of user requests. If they didn't implement better, Studio one-esque freeze, no way I'm upgrading. Who needs more mediocre guitar/bass amps and reverbs? Hopefully, S1 v3 will be a big step up from v2 in MIDI department, so I can finally switch.
Last edited by Cimbasso on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What's the issue with freeze?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Whoops, double post.
Last edited by Cimbasso on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The trend with the bigger developers seems to be very small updates to the main program and a ton of 'add on crap' that you probably don't want or need....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Mushy Mushy wrote:What's the issue with freeze?
I felt freeze with the audio hidden in a separate folder somewhere was a bit toyish. I think you could get to it in the pool window.

Sonar is very smooth, and you just get the audio on the synth outs - no fooling around like in Cubase. Then you can continue do automation on the audio etc and you have the waveform there.

But if this was everybodys issue, I don't know.

lfm wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:What's the issue with freeze?
I felt freeze with the audio hidden in a separate folder somewhere was a bit toyish. I think you could get to it in the pool window.
Ah ok. Nothing too serious then.
Thought it could be completely broken or ineffective etc (ie, not actually saving RAM as I've been reading). Admittedly these threads were back in 2011.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

4damind wrote:Anyway, Steinberg is on the way with finishing Cubase 8.
Actually... it's been on it's way for quite a while now - though I think the leaks are now getting through more and more.

I was at the SAE Alumni Convention end of October. I already got a hint there, that the beta is about to be done. Then I got another confirmation in another community system (during beta testing). Not the least surprised to be honest, we all knew the rough release date.

I also won't be surprised about the possible feature set. After all, the .5 versions are essentially the .0 test versions and the .5 versions are the actual "full versions" at this point.

But I stand to my point that I will(!) speak with my wallet this time around. Enough with the yearly shenanigans that also jumped over to Wavelab. And yes, if the release cycles for the updates of WL are the same as Cubase, then WL is in the middle of beta testing and WL9 on front doors as well,

The guessing game is still on. Though I do expect a Dec 2014/Jan 2015 release. Cubase was released in January once. I think with C5. So... yeah.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote: The guessing game is still on. Though I do expect a Dec 2014/Jan 2015 release. Cubase was released in January once. I think with C5. So... yeah.
+1. No release from any serious contender until now, so i think steinberg will take their time for this one. End of december or january sounds good, although this "leaking images" sounds like a planned teaser to me...

budweiser wrote:Uuuuh... ? No updated windows management ??
I don't think they will change that in foreseeable time either. It's also a matter what people are used to. You can't kill peoples workflow by revolutionizing the handling.

^^ Helge vogt (or another steinberg rep) said they're working on it, so it's at least a work in progress, i think. Maybe for the next .5 release...

Even if it was a "planned teaser" (which I don't think it is), I do consider this a breach of NDA. If I'd do that, I'd loose my tester position.

Then again, not the first time this happened. I know of another Youtuber (with a tutorial channel) that said at the beginning of the year in the middle of one of his series "I'm on Cubase 7.x beta now" and I was like "thank you... :roll: - you just breached your NDA - and what you do is not heavily Cubase focused, you're using UAD plugins most of the time!".

And even if our guy linkted to in post one uses a Mac, it clearly shows that the overall GUI did not see any drastic improvements (yet?!). So my guess that former.5 = next.0 and next.5 = next.0 got actually confirmed once more. :shrug:

I'm surprised that I'm still not beta testing for any of their tools (Wavelab is just as bug ridden - the VST3 implementation alone comes to mind - and once more, it's the 3rd party developer fault). Offered it several times at this point.

Fine with me, more time for other things. :tu:

chk071 wrote:
budweiser wrote:Uuuuh... ? No updated windows management ??
I don't think they will change that in foreseeable time either. It's also a matter what people are used to. You can't kill peoples workflow by revolutionizing the handling.
But you can improve it, no?

I mean... what about the insert plugin handling? The new system is really not that great, especially with the zooming capabilities.

What about the "always on top" bug, if you're using the mixer in full screen mode?

What about the general handling of grouping of tracks? It's cumbersome, hot keys are kind of useless.

Granted, Cubase could finally go the Logic and Studio One, or heck (dare I even say it - the GUI really needs an overhaul!) the Wavelab route with "independent windows". I'm kind of sick of the "window-in-window" mode as well, where there isn't even a "align" mode anymore, and eats too much space on dual screen. But I don't think this will happen in the near future. A lot of years will pass until we will be on a new code cycle (read: rewrite - as it happened with SX1).

budweiser wrote:^^ Helge vogt (or another steinberg rep) said they're working on it, so it's at least a work in progress, i think. Maybe for the next .5 release...
He actually said that since C7.0
I'm also curious if their "ASIO improvements" will happen with C8. But I don't think a demo will be available within the first 3 months.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

budweiser wrote:^^ Helge vogt (or another steinberg rep) said they're working on it, so it's at least a work in progress, i think. Maybe for the next .5 release...
Alright. I must say I love the way the plug-in window handles in Studio One for example. Would be great if they implemented that in Cubase.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”