Kontakt 6?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Overhaul probably won't happen. You can script your own round robin if you want and NI will probably just leave it at that.

EvilDragon wrote:Overhaul probably won't happen. You can script your own round robin if you want and NI will probably just leave it at that.
i admit i'm stuck at this point. :shrug:
..and i mean random robin not round robin.

well,no most useful sampler feature since the beginning of human history for me then.... :(

What's the problem with random round robin? It's all in Group Start Options, and it's working.

EvilDragon wrote:What's the problem with random round robin? It's all in Group Start Options, and it's working.
the problem with random robin is that you can't have other groups with different samples in one instrument.
random robin plays straight through all other groups as well (if you enable random robin for them).

Aha, that's true. This is where you can script things to behave exactly like you want them to behave. It's not that hard, let's say you have 16 groups, and you want to have 4 groups of 4 RR. Code:

Code: Select all

on init
    declare %RRlow[4] := (0,4,8,12)
    declare %RRhigh[4] := (3,7,11,15)
end on

on note
    disallow_group($ALL_GROUPS)
    allow_group(random(%RRlow[0],%RRhigh[0]))
    allow_group(random(%RRlow[1],%RRhigh[1]))
    allow_group(random(%RRlow[2],%RRhigh[2]))
    allow_group(random(%RRlow[3],%RRhigh[3]))
end on

This is a rudimentary example. The random() function can repeat values, so there are ways to combat that (Fisher-Yates shuffle, for example) to get true non-repeating round robin. It's a bit more complex. You can expand this method by having as many RR sets with different amounts of groups, just by changing the sizes of %RRlow and %RRhigh arrays, and the numbers in them (basically, those numbers denote the starting and ending group of each RR set). Of course, if using more than 4 RR sets, you'd need to add additional allow_group() commands in the "on note" callback.

:o

woow,

+1 for being a very helpful person!

thanks a lot i'm going to investigate and report back. :)

They could fix the automation bugs, for a start (try routing multiple sources to a single destination ... other samplers sum the automation, Kontakt just gets confused). Also, they could fix everything that's supposed to be tempo-sync'd. It's a joke how they're doing it now. And the DELAY ... what a piece of garbage that is, seriously.

There's lots to fix. And my support requests go unheeded. They're not helpful, and borderline passive-aggressive when they're not busy passing the buck. Oh, and the FILTER bug where in K5 it's no longer possible to do instant-on filter changes with a scripted array without it wobbling in ... but it's not SMOOTHED as you can still hear zippering. I mean, one or the other would be passable, but neither accurate nor smooth? What a joke.

They don't care. There are lots of us complaining all the time. That's why I'm gonna dump Kontakt and go to Machfive 3. It may not be as efficient with huge sample sets, but it's a far sight better in a LOT of other ways.

MacQ wrote:Oh, and the FILTER bug where in K5 it's no longer possible to do instant-on filter changes with a scripted array without it wobbling in ... but it's not SMOOTHED as you can still hear zippering.
I think this was the case even before Kontakt 5. I don't recall.

I'm more taken aback with gain staging bug in 3x2 filter... makes it unusable at certain settings!

I reckon a little clip gain/reduction fader (like Pro Tools 11 has) on each sample in the Wave Editor window would be very useful.
MODWHEEL

You have zone volume in Mapping Editor for that.

I'm waiting for Kontakt DubTurbo.

Thanks Evil Dragon. You've just saved us a bunch of wasted time.
MODWHEEL

An MPE option would be nice. You can already copy an instrument multiple times to create the per note effect, but a simple option in the channel settings would be cool.

Straight2Vinyl wrote:An MPE option would be nice. You can already copy an instrument multiple times to create the per note effect, but a simple option in the channel settings would be cool.
Ha, I wouldn't count on it. NI aren't exactly forward thinking these days. Their Komplete Krap keyboards don't even have poly aftertouch.

99% of today's keyboards don't even have poly aftertouch, so... :)

Hell, a lot of them don't even have basic aftertouch!

Return to “Instruments”