Audiority The Abuser updated to v1.5.2 - Multi-mode Aggressive Distortion Plugin - VST2/VST3/AU/AAX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pyros

Hey guys,
we have just released our first plugin, The Abuser. An aggressive distortion effect ideal to give you a unique sound to your guitars, bass, synthesizers, drums and much more. We programmed a rich sounding distortion to fit in both vintage and modern music styles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP7cS_TS67Y

Specifications
11 Distortion Algorithms
2 Amplification stages
Tone Control
2 Clipping circuits
2 Playback Modes: Regular (with Varispeed) and Sync
Envelope Follower for dynamic distortion
Feedback

System Requirements

PC
- Windows 7 64bit o rlater
- Intel i5 or higher
- 2GB RAM
- Screen resolution: 1024×768
- VST2, VST3, AAX 64-bit host

MAC
- OSX 10.8 or later
- Intel i5 or higher
- 2GB RAM
- Screen resolution: 1024×768
- VST2, VST3, AU and AAX 64-bit host

Price: €45

Cheers,
Luca
Last edited by Audiority on Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Luca, is there a demo version available to try?

Hi Paul,
I just added demo versions for both PC and MAC on the product page.

Cheers,
Luca

AU suffers from the same problem in Reaper as oh so many other AU plugins: even though a track is set to "2 channels", a new instance of the plugin will spawn with 1 input channel and will only process the left signal.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Thanks for the heads up. We'll work on it.

Cheers,
Luca

I just screwed around with it for a few minutes. With the Envelope feature, this thing can do magic on a Snare drum, excite it and work the transients. Instant snap! Also works fairly well to bring out the grit in a Bass DI track. I like that!

Not sure about it as a pure distortion unit though. Put it on some screaming/growling vocals, in Digital mode everything was too harsh and in Analog mode it was either too extreme or too subtle.

Nitpick: the Digital/Analog switch responds to clicks well outside of its boundaries, comes pretty close to the adjoining Output and Env Amount knobs.

Apart from that - thumbs up! :tu:
Last edited by chokehold on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

I think the Abuser is meant to be extra harsh and nasty . It does not sound like other distortion units I've used in the past. It's hard to put a finger on what's different about it . It feels like it opens up a sound a little , almost feeling like it adds a touch more air or reverb to a sound? Maybe a width / spread control would help dial in things a little bit more with The Abuser.

It really sounds great with basses and plucks . It can definitely bring out a bassline in a mix where needed ,almost feeling like it's boosting the low mids . The controls are easy to use and it takes a lot to clip audio with The Abuser, which was a nice surprise. This thing becomes a deadly beast when used with Audiothing's Valve Exciter !!! I'd love to have a single plugin with these 2 units combined ......wink wink

The Abuser has a niche sound which is all personal preference as to whether you will like it or not. Ease of use and an affordable price make it a good choice for an entry level , easy to use distortion unit with a specific sound in mind. Unfortunately , this is coming out just as Black Friday is hitting so it will have to get added to my list of things to buy next year.

paulmatthew wrote:This thing becomes a deadly beast when used with Audiothing's Valve Exciter !!! I'd love to have a single plugin with these 2 units combined ......wink wink
Thanks for the kind words Paul. It's a really interesting idea, why not ;)
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Just tried the plugin. Like it so far.

But found 2 bugs in5 seconds.

1. On the default patch your hear heavy distortion. But the amount knob is at 0.
You should hear no distortion at 0. When I touches the amount knob it jumpes to the right value.

2. The drive knob indicator jumps in realtime with the signal. Is it a feature or a bug ?
Is this something like a dynamic distortion ?

The preset field font is to dark. "No presets loaded" is hard to read.
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

echopark wrote:2. The drive knob indicator jumps in realtime with the signal. Is it a feature or a bug ?
Is this something like a dynamic distortion ?
Turn the Envelope Amount knob (right of Digital/Analog switch) down, then it stays fixed.
If you turn up Env Amount, the plugin modulates the drive intensity with the envelope of the incoming audio.

I would suggest to make the indicator separate from the knob, because it's annoying to try and change the Drive amount when the knob is constantly jumping about.
Last edited by chokehold on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbl post.

Hi guys, thanks for your love! :D

For echopark:
The "Amount" knob is in the Envelope section. This is used to bring dynamics to the distortion.
When the Envelope is engaged, the Drive knob become "possessed" by the incoming audio signal and you cannot set it manually. In this scenario, you can only control the Strength parameter to increase or attenuate the overall distortion applied to the input.

Cheers,
Luca

This looks really nice but I tried to install the demo and it's not working in Live 9. I don't see it on the list of available plugins.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

I'm using it in both Live 8 and 9, both VST and AU. Did you tried a re-scan of your plugin folders?

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote:I'm using it in both Live 8 and 9, both VST and AU. Did you tried a re-scan of your plugin folders?

Cheers,
Luca
Thanks for the reply. Rescanning worked! I never had to do it for other plugins so I didn't even think about it. Now I'll play a little bit with this monster :D
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

Return to “Effects”