VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SDRR

Three possible scenarios for Tony:

1) he's stuffed with private life
2) he's working on something new
3) he's trying to get certain issues fixed (VST3 comes to mind).

And it's not that long of a radio silence. DC8C-2 v2.2 was released around End of January/early February. We have what now? End of March...

I'd say, let's cut him some slack. He's a one man army after all.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Hi there,
I'm currently fine-tuning my next plugin. I'll probably still need about two months for that before it's ready for beta. So I hope to release something new before the end of summer.
BTW, the reason for the numerous updates for DC8C in the past few months was, that I've been working on a new compressor/limiter and I wanted DC8C to benefit as much as possible from my latest work on dynamic processors. The comp will be more on the vibey side, still very flexible, but with a less intimidating set of controls :)

Tony

Looking forward to this. :))))

Wow nice to hear such great news !!!! Thanks for your answer Tony ! :)

Hi Tony !
Just a little bump to ask some news about your next plugin. Hope it's coming soon ! :)

The two new plugins are coming along nicely. I'd say the DSP part is done, apart from a few optimizations. But I've decided to move to another framework, and while I'm adapting it to my needs, I am also setting up a few usability features I want to include in all my plugins over time, such as a decent preset browser with easy copy/paste/save, GUI-resizing, customizing knob/mouse drag behavior and stuff like that. Most of this is done already and I hope to start beta in about a month to be able to release the beasts early next year.

Tony

will old plugins be updated to this new shiny? :-)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

tonhelm wrote:The two new plugins are coming along nicely. I'd say the DSP part is done, apart from a few optimizations. But I've decided to move to another framework, and while I'm adapting it to my needs, I am also setting up a few usability features I want to include in all my plugins over time, such as a decent preset browser with easy copy/paste/save, GUI-resizing, customizing knob/mouse drag behavior and stuff like that. Most of this is done already and I hope to start beta in about a month to be able to release the beasts early next year.

Tony
Thanks for the infos Tony, it seems you've been hard at work past months. Glad
to hear you're still improving the already existing products. Can't wait to see
what you're cooking for us ! Keep up your amazing work ! :)

Burillo wrote:will old plugins be updated to this new shiny? :-)
yes of course. But it will take quite some time. First I want to release the new stuff. Then I want to update VUMT as it will benefit the most from the new goodies.

Tony

tonhelm wrote:The two new plugins are coming along nicely. I'd say the DSP part is done, apart from a few optimizations. But I've decided to move to another framework, and while I'm adapting it to my needs, I am also setting up a few usability features I want to include in all my plugins over time, such as a decent preset browser with easy copy/paste/save, GUI-resizing, customizing knob/mouse drag behavior and stuff like that. Most of this is done already and I hope to start beta in about a month to be able to release the beasts early next year.

Tony
Hey Tony, great news! Your plugins are in constant use over here.

I'm curious about your framework switch, would be interested to hear about your motivation behind these decisions (feel free to PM/mail instead).
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

About the new framework, can you please make sure that your plugins doesnt steal thr space bar in FL? Thanks!

I'll try my best :)

@Fabien: I'll shoot you an email.

This is a great plugin, pure earcandy.

I love what it does to my mixes, my fav setting is 70s Master on the output bus with flat bass.

Thanks so much for making this :-)

Lately i have used a lot more sdrr , i was a bit harsh with it in my posts but i was more pilot error as it can be rather "complex" it can take time to really know how to tweak it ,i emailed Tony asking for some settings cause i couldn't get the sound/behavior i was after and since then it really grow on me now i really enjoy it ! dc8c and Sdrr are a super flexible powerfull combo .

Great to hear your new plugin will be out soon :)
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Hi Tony !
Any news concerning your new dynamic tools ? :)

Return to “Effects”